It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure For Hepaitits C has been found !!! But it will cost you $100,000

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

SaturnFX

An estimated 3.2 million people in the United States are living with chronic hepatitis C infection, and most don't feel ill or know they are infected, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

lets do math. Also, this is just a US thing (Eff the world, the Americans are the only ones who deserve a cure anyhow)
so 3 million at say, 75k per procedure (keeping things conservative)
That's 225,000,000,000 (225 billion).
Just for Americans...

Not quite accurate. 20% of cases are acute rather than chronic, in 75% of chronic cases the person has no symptoms and it never bothers them although they are carriers. Thus, out of that 3.2 million is really only 800,000 patients. These patients however are already being treated by existing drugs (and at a higher lifetime cost). They aren't new customers that actually offset the price of drug development because anything they pay is coming out of the revenue from a different drug. What you have to look at is new chronic infections per year which is estimated at 17,000. However, as was already established 75% of those go undiagnosed and untreated because there's no need. So in reality you're looking at 4250 new customers per year. Given the average 7 year patent that's 29,750 cases or 29,750 sales during the drugs patent time. That group of 29,750 is where the $5 billion average development cost has to come from. If you scroll up a bit and read my previous post you'll see that I laid out this math there already.

I fully support any and all drug companies to get ahold of this pill, back engineer it, and sell a competition for a fraction of the cost. This pharma company doesn't deserve to be in business. researching doesn't mean jack if the end result is patent and hoard your discoveries so that only a select few get to benefit...it actually harms science and progression

You do realize that it becomes very cheap after the patent expiration right? A few will die because they can't afford it during the patent time and that's unfortunate, and there's definitely things we could do as a society to make that not be the case (which again, I mentioned in my previous posts in this thread) but 10 years from now everyone will have access to this cure, rather inexpensively.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

researching doesn't mean jack if the end result is patent and hoard your discoveries so that only a select few get to benefit...it actually harms science and progression

Well said! What makes someone else's life more important than our own? Life saving medicines should be available to all.

If it is that expensive to research, make and test these drugs, perhaps they should take a serious look at why that is so and do something about it!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by SaturnFX

researching doesn't mean jack if the end result is patent and hoard your discoveries so that only a select few get to benefit...it actually harms science and progression

Well said! What makes someone else's life more important than our own? Life saving medicines should be available to all.

If it is that expensive to research, make and test these drugs, perhaps they should take a serious look at why that is so and do something about it!

They do. They fight with lawyers and the FDA every step of the way. Here's a question for you, would you rather have expensive new drugs or no new drugs at all? Have you done something to reduce expense such as support tort reform or rein in the regulatory bureaucracy?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Big pharma will collapse when the public gets truly educated about the benefits of Vitamin C.

Vitamin C cures Hepitits C.

Vitamin C kills bacterial infections and diseases.
Vitamin C kill viral infections and diseases.
Vitamin C Lowers Blood Pressure & Cholesterol
Vitamin C reverses Coronary Heart Disease
Vitamin C kills many types of Cancer.

among many, many other things.

Administered immediately and in sufficient quantity, vitamin C cures the entire hepatitis alphabet, A to E. Intravenous infusion of vitamin C may be necessary to do the job right.

Robert F. Cathcart, M.D., writes at his website, www.orthomed.com... :

"Since acute hepatitis A, B, C, etc., is easily cured with massive doses of ascorbate, intravenously and with follow-up with oral ascorbic acid, it is tragic that it is not properly utilized. Hepatitis C is a special problem because only about a quarter of cases present as acute (when it would be easily cured). Chronic hepatitis C is more of a problem; however with massive doses of ascorbic acid orally, a no-sugar diet, vitamin E, selenium, silymarin (an antioxidant from milk thistle), and alpha lipoic acid among other nutrients, I have never seen a case to go onto acute hepatic necrosis or cancer of the liver."

Hepititis C

I urge everyone to read and learn about Vitamin C.

It's cheap.
You about 5 grams every day (more when sick)
It may save your life.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Powerful and true. Vitamin C is amazing

Natural Honey also with cinnamon mixed to a paste or water.
IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.

The remedies link

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

would you rather have expensive new drugs or no new drugs at all?

The point is that there are too many people who can't afford any expensive meds whatsoever. As it is, there are folks who have to decide between their life saving meds or food sometimes. It's great to have new meds if you can afford them. What of all the lives that won't be saved because they can't afford it? Is their life any less important? When it comes to money and people, money will always win. If you have it, you have it made. If you don't, you get left behind. I know it is the way the things are, but I don't have to like it. How many times do citizens fight to right injustices and get screwed anyway?
I for one do not have the money to bribe anyone to change things.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I wonder how long it will take big-pharma to cure the things that affect more people like diabetes, cancer, heart disease, all the big killers? Hepatitis only affects about 1% of the population of the United States, per the source article. I would like to see big-pharma give an affordable cure to more common diseases.

This is progress. If the FDA will allow one type of cure to go through, I wonder how long it will be until the common diseases start getting cured? Will it ever happen? Diabetes supplies, cancer treatments, and all the doctors that those people have to go to adds up to a huge hunk of the American economy. Will the FDA allow that?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

No because they would lose too much precious money.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by NavyDoc

The point is that there are too many people who can't afford any expensive meds whatsoever. As it is, there are folks who have to decide between their life saving meds or food sometimes. It's great to have new meds if you can afford them. What of all the lives that won't be saved because they can't afford it? Is their life any less important? When it comes to money and people, money will always win. If you have it, you have it made. If you don't, you get left behind. I know it is the way the things are, but I don't have to like it. How many times do citizens fight to right injustices and get screwed anyway?

Then come up with a system that allows people to afford the medications while accepting the financial reality that the drug must generate enough revenue to pay for it's development costs plus profit.

If the taxpayers 100% subsidized every drug we could get drugs for about what the Indian companies that steal patents provide them for. Doing so however would require an additional $100 billion in spending per year, that's roughly $667 more per taxpayer, or after brackets are accounted for between around $400-$800 depending on income. I would be willing to pay that, would you? What about the people who want minimal government size and taxes, I think they would rather afford it through private insurance, but insurance as a system raises the average cost of health care so that's not efficient especially when provided on a mass scale (see Obamacare).

So rather than not liking it... what's your solution?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

snypwsd
reply to post by amatrine

You can go to places like India and pay only a $150 per pill instead of paying $1000 per pill in the states.

Of the UK, where the treatment will be available by the end of the year and get it all for free on the NHS!

BBC

edit on 13/4/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes, I am talking from personal experience.

Not for hepatitis, as I have never had it: I simply do not get sick, ever. Maybe because I don't have a Doctor, and never take pharmaceuticals... but I digress....

A friend of mine from Estonia followed that exact protocol, and I witnessed this, as I was present when he did. He was diagnosed with hepatitis C in Denmark - and there is no trace of the issue any longer.

I do however use vitamin C intravenously 2-3 times a year, at a dosage of 35-40 gr minimum. Not having an drip available , on several occasions I used it via IV push, which is not recommended as the osmolality of higher doses of vitamin C could be damaging to the veins.

Therefore, as for the sludge, you are wrong. The rather high osmolality of the solution is not something visible to the naked eye.

It is easy and cheap for you to verify this - certainly will not cost you 1000$. Take 75 gr of ascorbic acid and dilute it in 1 litre of 9% saline solution, something I am gathering by your handle is also easily available to you.

There is also plenty of medical, peer-reviewed evidence for what I posted. It just depends what you want to believe really. Experientially, I know that what I am saying works.

You are of course free to spend 1000$ a pill if you want to. That's the beauty of free-will.

Data
edit on 13-4-2014 by D377MC because: spelling, punctuation, edit to add.

edit on 13-4-2014 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I've posted this before on ATS but am posting again as the information seems to have been lost/forgotten.

I have a friend that was diagnosed with Hepatits C which freaked her right out. When she was diagnosed the doctor was rather insistent that she be hospitalized immediately because her liver enzymes were at a critical level and there was a real possibility her liver could shut down altogether. She refused.

I suggested the following treatment and 3 years later she has been declared to be completely free of Hepatitis C. It took about a month (she said) for her to start feeling better.

Hepatitis is a killer and totally zaps you of all energy so even if your results are not as miraculous as my friends', you should still see some positive results.

Alpha lipoic acid
Milk Thistle
Selenium

Alpha lipoic acid-300mg.(4 of those), three times a day.
Milk thistle-600mg. (2 of those), twice a day.
Selenium-200mcg. (1 of those) once a day.

After 2-4 weeks (my friend did it for 2 weeks), decrease the milk thistle to 300mg. three times a day (still taking the others in the above dosages).
After another 2 weeks use a maintenance dose of 200mg. of milk thistle twice a day along with the same doses you've been taking of the selenium and alpha lipoic acid.

My friend said she felt like she had "a cold" at the end of 4 weeks of this treatment but the next time she went to the doctor, her liver enzymes were much better. Still slightly elevated but not critical. She said she repeated the whole treatment once a year like she was starting over from scratch.

The following year, her liver enzymes were perfectly normal but she still tested positive for hep. C. By the 3rd year she was testing negative.

This is unheard of! People who test positive for years don't suddenly test negative! The doctor had the test repeated and even had the lab equipment and testing method checked because he was in total disbelief.

It does seem like a long time to do a treatment but my friend was in her 70's when she started so that may have something to do with it. Anyway, I offer it here for those who may benefit from the information.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

D377MC
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes, I am talking from personal experience.

Not for hepatitis, as I have never had it: I simply do not get sick, ever. Maybe because I don't have a Doctor, and never take pharmaceuticals... but I digress....

A friend of mine from Estonia followed that exact protocol, and I witnessed this, as I was present when he did. He was diagnosed with hepatitis C in Denmark - and there is no trace of the issue any longer.

I do however use vitamin C intravenously 2-3 times a year, at a dosage of 35-40 gr minimum. Not having an drip available , on several occasions I used it via IV push, which is not recommended as the osmolality of higher doses of vitamin C could be damaging to the veins.

Therefore, as for the sludge, you are wrong. The rather high osmolality of the solution is not something visible to the naked eye.

It is easy and cheap for you to verify this - certainly will not cost you 1000$. Take 75 gr of ascorbic acid and dilute it in 1 litre of 9% saline solution, something I am gathering by your handle is also easily available to you.

There is also plenty of medical, peer-reviewed evidence for what I posted. It just depends what you want to believe really. Experientially, I know that what I am saying works.

You are of course free to spend 1000$ a pill if you want to. That's the beauty of free-will.

Data

edit on 13-4-2014 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

"Sludge" was a metaphor. Anectdode =\= data and I'd love to see peer reviewed literature. Any large, double blinded trials you can point out?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Night Star
reply to post by NavyDoc

The point is, that there wouldn't be an new medications at all. All new tech was expensive but it becomes less expensive over time. Penicillin was initially very expensive and hard to manufacture--such that it was initially reserved for the war effort only. Unjust, right? They would even capture urine from patients to recycle penicillin that was not metabolized eventually it became very cheap and everyone could have it easily. Too easily, IMHO, because it was misused to the point we now have resistant bacteria.

All progress, medical and otherwise, is not an instant, all or none, proposition.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Oh I see, it was just a poor metaphor then, one where you pretended, or knew, or pretended to know that 75 Gr of vitamin C was an insane amount - that was the sense of your metaphor was it not?

As for evidence, just try www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... - I shouldn't have to be wasting my time pointing out the obvious to you. There is evidence for reactive oxygen species suppressing hepatitis C virus RNA replication in human hepatoma cells.

Virus replication

They won't find conclusive evidence because obviously they use ridiculously small amounts (800 mg) and then happily claim the trials are inconclusive.

Trials

Finally, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal only so long as you are not the beneficiary, which brings me to my next point: you should just go ahead and try it.

You might also try:

- Journal of the International Academy of Preventive Medicine, 1978, Volume 5, Number 1, pp. 54-58
- The Ohio State Medical Journal, Volume 56, June, 1960, pp. 821-823
- Schweizerische Medizinische Wochenschrift, 1952, Number 21., pp. 595-597

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
For those with the attention span of a soundbyte.....

Alpha lipoic acid-300mg.(4 of those), three times a day.
Milk thistle-600mg. (2 of those), twice a day.
Selenium-200mcg. (1 of those) once a day.

After 2-4 weeks decrease the milk thistle to 300mg. three times a day (still taking the others in the above dosages).
After another 2 weeks use a maintenance dose of 200mg. of milk thistle twice a day along with the same doses you've been taking of the selenium and alpha lipoic acid.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

That's pretty much the protocol my friend followed, except for the added intravenous vitamin C. I guess I'm curious now, as I was convinced the main element in his healing was the vitamin C.

In fact it probably was because he tested negative about 6 months later, when you are suggesting this cure once a month every year until results?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

After reading this thread, I can't believe you have zero problems with this company bending over it's needy clientele for $1000 a pill..... It's sad that there are people who defend outrageous price tags like this when these sick people are just trying to get healthy....

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

NavyDoc- you are acting like people are only motivated by money and profits and nothing else. There are good people in the world today who like using their talents (whatever they may be) for the greater good and to not become wealthy beyond belief... People can be motivated by many things today, maybe some research scientist lost their mother at a young age because there was no cure was the disease she died from, which MOTIVATED that research scientist to go into the field so others would never have to feel the pain they went through.... The point I'm making is that you like to act like people are only motivated by money and profits... I believe that is not entirely true.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

jhn7537
reply to post by NavyDoc

NavyDoc- you are acting like people are only motivated by money and profits and nothing else. There are good people in the world today who like using their talents (whatever they may be) for the greater good and to not become wealthy beyond belief... People can be motivated by many things today, maybe some research scientist lost their mother at a young age because there was no cure was the disease she died from, which MOTIVATED that research scientist to go into the field so others would never have to feel the pain they went through.... The point I'm making is that you like to act like people are only motivated by money and profits... I believe that is not entirely true.

Not all people are, but the corporations and their investors that have to put up 5 billion dollars to create each and every new drug we see, do want a profit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join