It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is the ATS Community Pro-Nationalist?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatFarts

I think that it's true that conspiracy theorists tend to want all of it and yet nothing. I also have schizophrenia, and agree that it's good to have a healthy amount of skepticism. All your points are well thought out.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I think that the reason I have difficulty in feeling the kind of patriotism that you describe is because my ancestors are from a different country. While I don't have dual-citizenship in that country, I find that I have a deeper love for Guatemalan culture than the US's. I shamefully feel that American culture is sort of dull and lifeless. I don't see a lot of warmth for other people, here. I love how Guatemalan Spanish is such a polite dialect. The government is corrupt, but the culture demands respect for others.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Voluntary depopulation is a good thing. As people become richer, i.e more educated, they tend to have a lot less kids,
regardless of race. It's not some kind of globalist agenda, it's common sense. More people mean that more will be fighting for resources, and that's how you can lead to wars.

As far as nationalism, let me quote someone from [hate-site-nolink](kind of crazy that at first I thought they were some kind of Neo-Nazi sites, but without them, I wouldn't learn a lot of this stuff, including IQs):

"Don't confuse racism with the need to preserve one's culture and history."

Sure, we can get rid of countries and borders, but that would make things like the Olympics and World Cup rather meaningless. There's no reason why one can't be proud of one's history and achievements, and have healthy competition, without feeling the need to dominate the others, well, that is unless a certain country has other ideas.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

I had a vasectomy . . . not wanting to visit any of my family craziness on another generation.

I don't regret the decision.

Voluntary would be acceptable to me. Mandatory is not.

The resources thing is a stinking pile of horse feathers.

There is enough money; resources; technology . . . to give every one on the planet . . . even at double the population . . . relative wealth, good housing, clothing, clean NON GMO food, health and productive leisure time--without damaging the environment.

There's even technology to render the nuclear waste harmless etc.

The PTB do not WANT great numbers because they know it would make their rule chronically risky.

Besides, the king of hell driving them loves death, bloodshed, mayhem, suffering and cruelty.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I find it interesting as well. They love their country but hate their government.

I think it's hilarious that they love their country because of democracy and how everyone gets a say in it, but then they want to overthrow the government when they don't like the results.

We deserve the government we have.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
So, as a conspiracy theorist that hates the idea of a New World Order (or Illuminati elite), why do you feel patriotic?

You're confusing patriotism with a general dislike and skepticism of those who rant about wanting to dismantle or destroy the current social or political structure without offering any better (or even reasonable) alternative. Ever since civilization began there have been people complaining about how the system is corrupt or unfair or evil. These are usually people who don't have the intelligence or skills or focus to succeed within the system. They blame their failure on others. And they're annoying and pathetic.

Not that we think the current government or system is without flaws. But it beats the alternatives the crybabies offer, which is none.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I've noticed that too, that there are usually not any alternatives offered. The most coherent solution offered seems to be to fight back when they come to your doorstep, but that doesn't make much sense.

edit on 16-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

a true patriot believes that everybody should have the same beliefs in their own countries.

So a Patriot is a true pax americana globalist then since they must want to spread their right wing american ideals yes?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

LIKE their social/cultural group above that of their affections toward

OTHER social/cultural groups.

Nations are not social or cultural in every case. In Australia for example no one cultural/racial group dominates this due mainly to mass multiculturalism & very pro pluralist system and completely open borders we have here.
The only thing keeping the nation together is the arbitrary idea of political borders, political system with civil servants to administer it which is the same as most nations, yet there is absolutely nothing deeper keeping it together no cultural or heritage thing,it is all completely constructed.

edit on 12-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
I'm singling out ATS, but it seems that people who believe in conspiracy theories in general tend to have a patriotic fervor that I can't understand. I can't understand it because of the tendency that conspiracy theorists tend to have of distrusting the government. 

My idea is that this tends to be the case here in the US, more so. My theory is that it has to do with the political climate of the US. For example, it seems that conspiracy theorists tend to be libertarian. Libertarians tend to be conservative, and conservatives, tend to be patriotic.

However, this seems to not make sense for different reasons. Let's just say that for argument's sake that the Illuminati did worm their way into Freemasonry early on. Undoubtedly, at least a few of the Founding Father's were Masons. So many of the ideals that your country was founded upon were ideals that run contrary to what you have faith in.

So, as a conspiracy theorist that hates the idea of a New World Order (or Illuminati elite), why do you feel patriotic? And I realize that I may run across an idea that I do not like.
I hope that as outsider I see without bias of being involved in some local struggle.(anyway I saw it also in my country)

If I get this logic:
If we [great people] would govern ourselves than the outcome would be great. If the outcome is not great [at least not temporary] than it must mean that someone else [not from our tribe] is governing and is inept or malicious.

(we of course are perfect and infallible)

This illusionary superiority goes further. Government regulation or compulsion is bad, because we make perfect decision on our own. Of course government regulation and compulsion is good when it keeps evil emigrants at bay. Guns are good because are traditional (tribal ancestors... I mean founding fathers said so). No real life policeman can defend you as well as your imaged perfect self. So you need a gun. Paranoia and overestimating skills go further - so your gun can even stop the evil gov.

EDIT: And there are of course Good Old Days. When sky was bluer, taxes lower (this one is technically speaking correct, but there were simply less entitlements), no sexual revolution, lower crime (statistics show something else), job was secure, no suddenly appearing foreign competition, and everything was good. If gov is not providing that - than it's easy to think a mindset in which one is nationalist and distrustful towards gov.

Yes, I'm somewhat ironic, but there is a grain of truth in it.
edit on 13-7-2014 by Shadow1024 because: one paragraph added

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join