It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The little things that make you smile . . .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sitting in a street cafe today, I happened to spot something out of the corner of my eye on the busy pavement (sidewalk to our US friends) .
A closer look revealed a big fat bumble bee very bedraggled at the edge of a shallow puddle - obviously too cold, wet and weak to fly and in imminent danger of being trampled underfoot.

I took a serviette from the table and relocated him to a patch of sunlight on a window sill where he could dry out and warm up without risk of being crushed underfoot.
10 minutes later I witnessed him tentatively spread his wings, quiver a couple of times and then spiral off into the air in that clumsy bumble bee type of way.

That's it.
Nothing exciting or dramatic, but it made me happy to see it.

Sometimes we're so busy with our own lives that it's easy not to notice these little things even though they're always there.
So fellow members, my question to you is :

"What are the little things that made YOU smile today?"

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Suzy0

Thanks for sharing that. You will be paid back. The Gods smile big on little acts of kindness.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Watching the chickadees get all excited when I put out raw sunflower seeds out for them. They hang with me on the back deck. They like it when Im around. Friends.,

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Reading something like this!

Like the bugs who are unable to get out of something and you just happen to be there, so you Help! It's good to see other's do this also.

make's you wonder if They go home and tell a story to their friends, family, loved ones about the biggest Thing just Helped me! Man I was so Scaried! Yet I was stuck and somehow god came and saved Me!

Or some other story, who knows. People ask for help everyday, never helping something so small living. Help is given if you help out, plain and simple!

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

ColeYounger
reply to post by Suzy0

Thanks for sharing that. You will be paid back. The Gods smile big on little acts of kindness.

To be honest, just seeing him fly off made me smile . . . and having that to brighten up what's been an otherwise crappy day was a reward in itself.
Now, there must have been something that's made you smile today.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

overanocean
Watching the chickadees get all excited when I put out raw sunflower seeds out for them. They hang with me on the back deck. They like it when Im around. Friends.,

Awww - that's a really nice story.

infoseeker26754
Reading something like this!

Like the bugs who are unable to get out of something and you just happen to be there, so you Help! It's good to see other's do this also.

Glad I could make you smile

I'd hope that most people do things like this all the time. I mean why wouldn't you?
edit on th000000101140 by Suzy0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Suzy0

Thanks ,Yours as well...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Suzy0

Thanks for sharing, I needed a good thought today, it made me remember a similar time I rescued a big gorgeous bumblebee and you made me smile!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Suzy0

Though not from today I alway smile when I hear a baby laugh. Is there a sweeter sound ?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Birds Singing, Kittens, and running water! Baby tops them all though, until they start asking questions we do not have the answers for!

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My son came over yesterday and spent the night.
We had to drop him off this morning at his moms,
and I reached into the back of the van and gave him a hug from my seat.
He got out and opened my door and told me he wanted a bigger better hug,
and I am still smiling over that.

I miss him already...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Reading some of the replies here today has made me smile.

Thanks to everyone for sharing.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Suzy0

That's a great story. I really do love bees and there's a few appearing now. Well done you!...Ok what's made me smile today?. Well i have been to the seaside and been on some rides (Though some of them did not make me smile lol)...I aint really been in a smiling mood today to be honest. But i did smile when i saw the big beautiful full moon rising in the hills before

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Suzy0

Enjoyed your thread! It wasn't today, but last week.......... at a bar/restaurant, a bananaquit (bird) flew into a window and dropped, and remained motionless. People said things like "another one bites the dust". I didn't find it so funny. I walked over and picked up the bird. Neck didn't feel broken, nor wings. Couldn't tell for certain. For some reason, I had the intuition to gently blow into its face. It came around a few minutes later. I stroked its head gently and held it in my palm, so it could feel free to go when it could. It did. Hopped up on my arm first, looked at me for several seconds, and then flew away. I know it's an anthropomorphism, but I think it was saying, "thanks, big creature. Seeya."

What made me smile today was the riot of parrots in the almond trees. Two parrots sound like six, and a dozen are a riot of sound. They seem like the carefree, irresponsible children of the bird world. That a couple of them chose to divebomb me as I was hanging up laundry didn't seem to dispel that theory. I could swear they were laughing in the trees.

top topics

join