It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Eclipse April 15, 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Don't forget about the total Lunar Eclipse on Tuesday April 15th in North America. The last time we saw a total lunar eclipse was in 2011. So excited!

The total eclipse, the first visible throughout the U.S. since December 2012, will peak at about 3 a.m. EDT. Earthsky.org says the April 14-15 eclipse "begins a lunar eclipse tetrad — a series of 4 consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six month intervals. The total eclipse of April 15, 2014, will be followed by another on Oct. 8, 2014, and another on April 4, 2015, and another on Sept. 28 2015."

says that in a total eclipse, "from the Moon's perspective, the Sun remains completely hidden for 1 hour 18 minutes. From Earth's perspective, the lunar disk isn't completely blacked out but instead remains dimly lit by a deep orange or red glow."

total lunar eclipse

The U.S. Naval Observatory's page allows you to input your city and get specific data on the exact time of the eclipse's phases — penumbra, umbra and totality.
time lunar eclipse happens in your city

What will happen could sound sort of like this:
The moon will turn to blood as it aligns with Earth and sun
Then do so thrice more ere a year and a half is done,
'Tis not the herald of the apocalypses
Just the first of four total lunar eclipses.

blood moon
edit on 12-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: add image

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jennyfrenzy

Thanks for the link of when it will happen in the city you live in.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Looking forward to this event!

Just wondering, haven't red moons been associated with bloody events here on Earth like wars for example?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's going to be interesting to watch these.

There sure are a lot of tattoos. on that arm OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

St0rD
Looking forward to this event!

Just wondering, haven't red moons been associated with bloody events here on Earth like wars for example?

Like what may take place shortly at the Bundy Ranch?

I'm starting to feel like something big is gonna go down.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Very awesome with the stages timing link!

Hopefully the weather will cooperate with me enough to get a few pictures. My local forecast for Monday night/Tuesday early AM calls for a good clip of cloud cover through the whole thing. If it's not too bad with enough breaks in the clouds, I should be able to grab a shot or two.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

It does seem as if the moon has an impact on our emotions. It would be interesting to go back through the blood moons and see if any "bloody" events occurred during or around one. Interesting idea

reply to post by rickymouse

And that's the arm with the least tattoos
Haha! My husbands a tattoo artist

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well, not just the Bundy ranch, Russia Vs Ukraine China Vs Japan NKorea Vs the world
Who else, any country who's name ends in Stan
Oh yeah, Turkey Vs Ukraine and Russia
And, its been awhile since weve heard anything about Iran

And This moon falls on of course Passover, the Jewish celebration of one of the plagues before they left Egypt and all the firstborn were killed except of those that splattered blood on their door posts and headers.

It also falls on the same night Jesus was handed over to the High priests to offer himself for a sacrifice

Lotsa blood on these blood moons
And I don't know as fact, but have heard that in the other two historical events, they would have also had the lunar eclipse's

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

The weather where I live should be perfect (do need a better telescope) and I hope it's perfect viewing conditions for you too

Super excited, love the moon.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hopefully it will only be a spectacular view, and not a litteral blood letting

"They note that since the Jewish Calendar is lunar, one sixth of all eclipses will occur during Passover or Tabernacles. Furthermore, there have been 62 tetrads since the first century AD and that eight of them have coincided with both the feasts. Thus, the event is not as unique as Hagee and Biltz imply. Additionally, three of the four eclipses in the tetrad will not even be visible in biblical homeland of Israel, casting further doubt on Hagee and Biltz's interpretation"
en.wikipedia.org...

Article on the guys that coined the term around 2008
Before then, they were just called lunar eclipses
Also a list of dates that they were tetrad and fell on Jewish festivals, from same link
"162-163 A.D.
795-796 A.D.
842-843 A.D.
860-861 A.D.
1493-1494 A.D.
1949-1950 A.D.
1967-1968 A.D.
2014-2015 A.D. "

Oh, yeah to add to the list in my previous posts of possible atrocities, sure are a lot of large earthquakes around the ring of fire lately....

2014 is starting to look like 1914

edit on 12-4-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

Thanks for posting this, going to read a little more in to it.
The blood moon will be a beautiful sight to see.

There have been tons of earthquakes in the ring of fire lately! I live in California, been stocking up on water, food and emergency supplies.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm looking at a nearly full moon at the moment, 9:41, my time. It's freakin gorgeous! Like insane. Mystical and ancient looking.

It's not pink yet. It's kind of orangey though. So sick. I pray I get to see it the next two nights.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

It has been extra beautiful the last couple nights. Also noticed the golden glow.

So excited! Hope the weather where you live is good tomorrow

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Tonight, tonight, I can't wait until tonight!
I'll be outside binoculars in hand, gazing at the moon while drinking green tea.
If i get some good pictures, I'll post em!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cloud cover prospects towards the end of tomorrow morning’s lunar eclipse. Credit: NOAA.

Opportunities to catch the ISS transiting the Moon during tonight’s eclipse. Credit: CALSky.

We also ran the possibilities for catching a shadow transit of the International Space Station in front of the eclipsed Moon for North American observers. To our knowledge, this has never been done before. Live near one of the two paths depicted above? You may be the first to accomplish this unusual feat. Check in with CALSky for specifics.

This will be an early morning event for U.S. East Coasters spanning 2:00 to 5:30 AM local (from the start of the partial umbral phases and totality), and a midnight spanning-event for the Pacific coast starting at 11:00 PM Monday night until 2:30 AM Tuesday morning on the 15th.

full article with additional links to live webcasts.

Here's a link to a 2014 lunar eclipse webcast.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
if you click on the link and add where you are on earth it will tell you where to look and what you should see

[link]http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/in/uk/dundee[/url]

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

The link you posted is broken. Here's one for the time of eclipse for your city

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidLucinda

Please do! Hope you get some good pictures, Lucinda

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So am I correct in that I won't see it tonight here in Alaska?

I know 11:00 pm tomorrow is when the moon enters totality from my viewpoint, but will I see anything different tonight, aside from a full moon?
I'm just confused because I keep hearing 14th and 15th
edit on 14-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well I'm smack dab in the middle of crappy cloud cover.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join