It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small dog shoes advice!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

OMG he is so cute! I LOVE his name!!!

yea the people we got our dog from lied about where they got him from. I think they couldn't' handle his allergies and just got rid of him. I almost did too in the beginning because I was pregnant, didn't find out until after I got the dog by a week! I just couldn't get rid of him though. I worried nobody would take his allergies seriously and I knew I could and would. He is my little buddy and my sons buddy too! I couldn't imagine not having him. He is the sweetest dog. His allergies were a pain in the beginning but once we got it all figured out it's been so much better!

Thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

benrl

mblahnikluver
reply to post by benrl

OHH I love Pugs!! So cute!

Heres the proud dad of those puppies,

Sir Maxamillion Pugglesworth.

That is a photoshopped pic of a very hairy person .

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

AK907ICECOLD
Although I'm a strick A-hole, my methods with dogs or children have yet to fail. Not saying its easy
while losing patience and gaining gray hair....

Not an A-hole, you are giving your dog what he needs, a Strong Alpha.

My dogs all are well behaved, I have so many that it should be chaos.

Its not, its disciplined order, and they are much happier for it.

Calm firm patience.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Thanks! I won't!

Yea he knows I'm the dominant one in the house. My husband actually fears him. It's funny haha. I laugh because Rosco knows he can "try" him and my husband will be skittish and worried he will bite. I don't fear him and I get right in his face and show my teeth and growl back. If he nips I nip right back!

I wasn't going to push my luck though with the zippers. It was damn near impossible because as soon as he saw them he freaked and ran. I even muzzled him and he put up such a fight it was nuts!

I may try them again since my husband will be home and in those 3wks I can definitely get help with putting shoes on him, he can hold him (muzzled of course) and I can put the shoes on. Over time I'm pretty sure he would just give up and let us put them on...I hope!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

mblahnikluver
reply to post by benrl

OMG he is so cute! I LOVE his name!!!

yea the people we got our dog from lied about where they got him from. I think they couldn't' handle his allergies and just got rid of him. I almost did too in the beginning because I was pregnant, didn't find out until after I got the dog by a week! I just couldn't get rid of him though. I worried nobody would take his allergies seriously and I knew I could and would. He is my little buddy and my sons buddy too! I couldn't imagine not having him. He is the sweetest dog. His allergies were a pain in the beginning but once we got it all figured out it's been so much better!

Thanks

We call him Max for short,

Yea far to many people treat a pet like a product they purchased.

Its not, its a living creature with emotions, to this day MAX breaks out in terror at the sight of a car, and gets super clingy (trying to train it out of him), Its clearly separation anxiety.

The first few months anytime any of us left he would scream and cry uncontrollable, he had a rough time fitting in at first, for the most part though hes well adjusted and normal now.

Like with anything, a dog will give you what you put into it, Im glad you are so concerned for your little guy.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Trueman

benrl

mblahnikluver
reply to post by benrl

OHH I love Pugs!! So cute!

Heres the proud dad of those puppies,

Sir Maxamillion Pugglesworth.

That is a photoshopped pic of a very hairy person .

Lol

We call him our grumpy old man, he props himself up like that on the bean bag in the front room and just chills, he watches the window like that.

I keep expecting to walk in on him with a cigar and sifter of brandy.

ETA:

So yea why no pet forum...

Hell, I am sure us pet people would volunteer to moderate it.
edit on 12-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Here's some ideas.... perhaps a similar issue to yours?

2nd link has advice too.

www.innerwolf.co.uk...

www.dogbootsactive.com...

You should be able to find US equivalent.

edit on 12/4/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

When i get back home I will take a pic of my pup with her hoody sweatshirt and booties on to contribute a good pic on your thread.

I believe that it's more so with smaller dogs that show a bigger personality. Persistence prevails!!

Good luck Ma'm

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

benrl

AK907ICECOLD
Although I'm a strick A-hole, my methods with dogs or children have yet to fail. Not saying its easy
while losing patience and gaining gray hair....

Not an A-hole, you are giving your dog what he needs, a Strong Alpha.

My dogs all are well behaved, I have so many that it should be chaos.

Its not, its disciplined order, and they are much happier for it.

Calm firm patience.

Ain't that the truth... I should have stated the A-hole was a dog term for Alpha-hole, hehehe.

And yes, chaos. Children and dogs. Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Here's another great website for you, www.ultrapaws.com.

Hope it helps you more

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey there! I am a designer/seamstress, and I am currently working of the same problem. Though my Rottie has the contact allergy issues, we often walk along and he also swims in the river. And there is broken glass, fishing line, fishing hooks, you name it, you find it in the water there. Very sad too. However, I am not one to pay money for something I can dream up and make. So if your interested in collaborating shoot me an email. This winter I made him a "snuggle coat" out of adult coats. He has arthritis and hip issues, so keeping him dry and warm was key. I also designed a rain coat this spring to keep the mud off his coat. I'm not expensive, and maybe you have some ideas that would help. It's no problem to make different sized boots for the paws. I just can't see spending hundreds of dollars on things I can design and make. Plus, it gives me a really cheap thrill! What can I say, it takes very little to entertain me! lol.

a reply to: mblahnikluver

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join