It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small dog shoes advice!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Oh wow that is some contraption.

That looks like an option but i'm not sure how he would like it. He hated the harness when I first got it and it took him a month to get use to it.

I will check this out. I like that it's amazon too since I have a Prime account and they make returns so easy!!

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Btw it's a love/hate relationship when the dog wears them. They prance when on because of the way they feel. Drives my dog crazy, but you'll see the appreciation in their eyes when you distract them from sitting there, lol.

Hope I helped you out

Www.REI.com has some awesome dog boots that are extreme, but may also fit your need. Go to their site, and look up dog booties
edit on 12-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

When I did walk him it was 3 times a day. I would only let him go in the grass on the side closest to the fence because it is the shortest. He doesn't play in it or sit in it so that isn't an issue. He CAN go in my moms grass. She doesn't have the grass he is allergic to, St. Augustine grass which the vet says is a common allergy for dogs. My mom also doesn't treat their yard with chemicals so he is fine there. I take him to her house any time i go and he runs out and loves it.

I will definitely be checking Ruffwear out! I like that they have smaller sizes! His back paw is an inch smaller in each direction so being able to choose the size is perfect!

Thanks

Spring is a fun time for me and my Pug, we both have allergies, hes not to grass just pollen.

Yea the shoes work good, takes some training to get them to walk normal in them, and not try to take them off.

But stick with it, they work well.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Happy to help you. I have a dachshund-beagle mix dog, so somehow I understand what's to have an small dog. Wanna meet him?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The first ones we tried he kicked around for a min but once he got outside he was fine. They kept coming off when he walked no matter how tight I made them and they were the smallest ones available.

His back paws are only 1.5 inches wide but his front ones are 2.75! So being able to find ones where I can pick the sizes is a must.

I did find a pair that had zippers but the zipper freaked him out and he went nuts. I tried for a week to put those on and i only ever got one on but never could zipper it. He would go Cujo on me and run. lol

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Trueman

Happy to help you. I have a dachshund-beagle mix dog, so somehow I understand what's to have an small dog. Wanna meet him?

lol, my Dachshund-Puggle Puppies...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I forgot to mention : THIS IS ANOTHER REASON TO HAVE AN ANIMALS/PETS FORUM.

Sorry for caps, need to be noticed.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

OHH I love Pugs!! So cute!

Yea he has major pollen allergies and takes a form of Claritin once a day and that is why he also just started getting cortisone shots. I mean it was instant practically after the shot. He was so miserable he actually had a seizure due to how much he worked himself up over it. It scared me to death and since his first shot he has been fine! I don't have to bathe him 3times a week anymore and he isn't chewing himself, no runny nose or eyes! His skin is normal. It's nice to have my dog back! I haven't bathed him in two weeks and he smells just like he did after his bath 2wks ago! Bathing him 3 times a week was a pain but I did it. I even gave him oatmeal aloe baths where I'd make oatmeal and mix it with fresh aloe and put it on his skin for it to soak. It was crazy but he's my furry boy so I'd do anything to help him. He was passed around a lot from shelter to shelter and person to person and I think his allergies are why. It is a lot to handle but now that they are finally under control it's not so bad. It was costly in the beginning but now we have the right meds and the right vet who helps us tremendously!

Thanks for your help Benri.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Trueman

AWE he is adorable!!!

Here is Rosco

He is a small dog but thinks he is a big dog too!

link   

Trueman
I forgot to mention : THIS IS ANOTHER REASON TO HAVE AN ANIMALS/PETS FORUM.

Sorry for caps, need to be noticed.

Agreed! I know I've posted a bit on both my pets and have gotten a lot of advice and help by doing so on here.

link   
reply to post by benrl

WOW....they are really cute !

Did they started to chew your shoes already ? ....hehe.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

OMG those are the cutest!! I can't take the cuteness!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

No disrespect intended, if you need dog shoes made, make them. Determine what you want them made out of. make a pattern out of a cheap substitute for trial fittings and the n make them.

I mentioned seamstress, not doggy store.. I am a metal fabricator , we make what we need. make a pattern, detirmine what you want it made of and make it.

I mentioned the carny folk because there is usually a leather worker there. he has the tools to make dog shoes if you want them in hard leather. And likely be there next year for bigger size. He is not going to advertise he make dog shoes but odds are he is a craftsmen that can do it. and be happy too.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Great Little Lion you have there !

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

mblahnikluver
reply to post by benrl

OHH I love Pugs!! So cute!

Heres the proud dad of those puppies,

Sir Maxamillion Pugglesworth.

He has horrible allergies, I feel your struggle, little guy takes extra care, his owners even gave him up because of it.

We took him in and added him to our large pack...

Did not alter him fast enough, bastard managed to bang out two litters, two separate dachshunds... Little escape artist, I can always find him though from his labored breathing and snorting...

I love my dogs, and the fact someone was pawning him off because they didn't want to bother with his sniffles angers me...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

If I could sew trust me I'd make them!

One member posted a brand that so far seems like they would be great. I will try them and see.

I could possibly ask my aunt who is a very good seamstress, she might be able to make me some if I design them and tell her what kind of fabric or materials I need.

I asked the doggie store because they are not a chain and they have personal seamstresses that make outfits but they don't do shoes. I asked.

Thank you

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Trueman

Great Little Lion you have there !

Hehe thanks

I think he looks like Chewbacca lol

Our cat is a Persian and she is about to get a lions cut. She looks like a little lion when she has it. It is great for summer for her esp here in FL. It's so hot and she doesn't like being outside when it's full on summer with all that hair. Once she gets her cut she lives out on the porch or her "oasis" as I call it because I have all done up with plants and shade for her.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

The first ones we tried he kicked around for a min but once he got outside he was fine. They kept coming off when he walked no matter how tight I made them and they were the smallest ones available.

His back paws are only 1.5 inches wide but his front ones are 2.75! So being able to find ones where I can pick the sizes is a must.

I did find a pair that had zippers but the zipper freaked him out and he went nuts. I tried for a week to put those on and i only ever got one on but never could zipper it. He would go Cujo on me and run. lol

Getting a dog to accept booties, is like getting a stubborn child to eat broccoli/brussel sprouts. Just have to keep applying disipline to them. Either it works or it doesn't. Although I'm a strick A-hole, my methods with dogs or children have yet to fail. Not saying its easy
while losing patience and gaining gray hair....

Like I said, the options on the net are damn near endless, I'm confident you'll find the right fit soon enough. Don't give up!

edit on 12-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Trueman
reply to post by benrl

WOW....they are really cute !

Did they started to chew your shoes already ? ....hehe.

Shoes, soxs, feet.

Pretty much anything at their level.

Still in the chew everything phase, house trained though so thats good.

Its so funny the Black one (Dresden) is such a PUG, hes glued to everyones lap, he loves just sitting on top of people.

The golden one (Pudge) is independent and a Loner,

Its so funny the spectrum of personality in two of the same litter mates.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join