It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM pulling out...its over

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Goteborg
This story is a perfect example of what's wrong with this country. By all means, people should get worked up when there is a reason to get worked up but in this case how do you know if you should get worked up unless you're close to the situation and know the facts?

Trying to search for the facts of this case is a nightmare, there are so many different versions out there. Some say that the Bundy's have never had rights to that land, some say that they do as long as they have the proper permits, and some say that the land does in fact belong to Bundy but was seized by the feds because they took advantage of a river on the boundary shifting course and argued that the land on the other side of the river became public once the river changed course. Who knows the truth here without actually being close to the situation and if you don't know the truth of the matter how can you get worked up over this?

This operation has been going on for awhile, some reports I've read say that the cattle have been interdicted for over a year. The dispute between Bundy and the government goes back over 20 years. What changed? Reid was implicated in a deal with a Chinese company and now within about a day the BLM calls endex? If they were so justified then why stop now? This makes it look like the Reid accusations are true, the only problem with that is that just searching on that story shows that it isn't true, at least not as far as the Bundy land is concerned. I admit that I'm assuming that the allegations against Reid are what prompted this drawdown because that's how it appears but I could be wrong, time will tell.

Ending an operation against someone you claim is breaking the law based just on the perception that a Senator might be beholden to a foreign power shows a serious flaw in the way some Federal agencies go about their business and casts doubt on the legitimacy of the whole operation in the first place.

I'm not happy or sad about this, I just don't know enough about the situation to be able to form an educated opinion on the issue but what I do know is that the right thing happening for the wrong reason isn't really something to celebrate.

Reid's deal with the Chinese was South East of Vegas, Bundy's Ranch is North West...not saying they aren't related but they are not close to each other (same river though...). The area in question is over 600,000 sqr acres, regardless of if the government took his land in the past (it should have been a contention then not now) but 3 generations of Bundy's have been renting the federal land with proper permits since, until this Mr. Bundy stopped a few decades ago - while continuing to make millions off of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What a hoot...reporter is now saying.

"Hey Obama..you didn't build this protest, did ya"

If you are having problems with the main vid pg stalling try this link to the *pop out* option that streams nicely.

www.ustream.tv...

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The overall situation may have died down but Mr. Bundy's troubles are just about to blow up in his face. I hope he has a mad dog attorney!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The Chinese contract near Laughlin was cancelled last June.

Commissioners were so excited about the deal they agreed to sell the land to ENN Mojave Energy LLC for $4.5 million, a steep discount from its appraised value of between $29.6 million and $38.6 million.

But when ENN was unable to secure the needed agreements with utilities to sell the power it generates by a recent June deadline, the company informed the county it was backing out of the deal to purchase the land, effectively putting the property back on the market.

Chinese Back Out of Solar Project

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by seaez

No, you aren't listening........ The money paid, was supposed to go to maintaining and improving the grazing land. That is like paying rent for a condo, and the condo maintenance deciding they don't want to mow the lawn and keep the pool clean which is part of the treaty.

For starters, he hasn't paid the money in 20+ years! Obviously the land is great for his cows, or he'd not want to move them and he wouldn't have his millions of dollars worth of cows on the land.

The Courts looked at the agreement in question and made their rulings. So not only do I agree to disagree with you but so do the Courts.

In your example of the condo, regardless of what they did or didn't do that you could prove, if you lived there without paying rent they would evict you. By your own logic, if the condo was so horrible and they didn't fix anything why wouldn't you move!

Unless of course you wanted a free ride, or free place to live. I see you more the person confused by the possibility of the government actually doing something not horrible as opposed to how a see Mr. Bundy: greedy millionaire rancher out for a free ride (whom in fact has had one for 20+ years).

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You see what happened here folks? The bully rogue government regime threatened to push, and the people said "bring it", ready to push back. The bully backed down, seeing as it wouldnt be an easy win.

With talk about militias, Id also like to point out that the 2nd amendment, the right to bear arms, played a MAJOR role in this, giving the people a way, even if not used this time, to legitimately defend themselves from an out of control anti-people corporate government.

There will always be attempts to subjugate you, but it can only work if you allow it. Just like the bully will keep pushing you once its obvious you wont fight back, but the moment you decide to not allow it any longer and sock the bully in the face, youve taken back the power the bully stole.

The people standing up made the government sit back down.

The way it should be, now and going forward.

edit on 4/12/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

Are you an adult, living on your own? How is it you do not know what a lease is? Please, learn your rights......

Why on earth do you believe the nonsense government version? These ranchers been maintaining the land all by themselves forever. They are not gonna pay someone just for that, for something they did easily. The government said pay us, and we will maintain it, plus improve it. They did not make good on their deal. You would continue paying it? It's like talking to a wall here......
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:15:26 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Both UStream and the InfoWars streams are off air for me.

Anyone know if this is a tech glitch or what?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ustream is up, but this cameraguy sucks ass....
pointing the camera at nothing while having some hushed conversation to the side.
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:19:49 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i'd hire these guys,and girl,,

at least then u know u would have some pull in the White House,
, at a Federal Justice Dept. level.
Not that Attorney General Holder, would view a Federal Land Rights as in,
Kelo v. New London
Supreme Court of the United States
Argued February 22, 2005
Decided June 23, 2005
or
Supreme Court Justice who corruptly ruled on extending government's power to take away private land under eminent domain.

U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Souter is getting a "taste of his own medicine" from a New Hampshire group called the Committee for the Preservation of Natural Rights and another California human rights group, both trying to make a loud public statement by getting Souter's home in the small town of Weare, New Hampshire, seized under eminent domain.
as being a precident for anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by seaez

Are you an adult, living on your own? How is it you do not know what a lease is? Please, learn your rights......

Why on earth do you believe the nonsense government version? These ranchers been maintaining the land all by themselves forever. They are not gonna pay someone just for that, for something they did easily. The government said pay us, and we will maintain it, plus improve it. They did not make good on their deal. You would continue paying it? It's like talking to a wall here......
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:15:26 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Why yes! I am an adult familiar with leases, are you? The end all of any tenant / landlord dispute would be the courts, same here. He lost. How long do you think you could not pay your landlord before they kicked your free-loading butt out?

but I digress... this isn't about housing leases, its business. From my previous post:

i nfo on the economics of a cow

From the link above:

Income

4.7 calf crops @ $948/ year = $4455.60

Cull cow sale = $910.00

Total income with 3 percent death loss adjustment = $5204.63

Expenses

Pasture for 4.7 years @ $216/year = $1015.20

Winter feed for 4.7 years @ $252/year = $1184.40

Yardage for 4.7 years @ $90/year = $423.00

Total expenses = $2622.60

Net income over life of cow = $2582.03

900 cows * Net Income over life of cow = $2,323,827

That is over 2 million dollars in cows he has on OUR federal land, meaning his costs are far less because we the tax payer are subsidizing his costs for feeding the cow over it's lifetime. You do realize this is Federal land don't you? As in, not his, ours? His family has rented it for generations, legally, but 20 years ago he got greedy and stopped paying. He owes a bill that now totals over $1,000,000 while he has been making a lot of money. The numbers above are for lifetimes of cows, average lifetime of a cow fro3m link above is 5.7 years, generously that's 3 cow lifetimes.

$2,323,827 per cow lifetime (generous profit not taking into account FREE LAND, our land) * 3 cow lifetimes = $6,971,481

graze 1 (grāz)
v. grazed, graz·ing, graz·es
v.intr.
1. To feed on growing grasses and herbage.
2. Informal
a. To eat a variety of appetizers as a full meal.
b. To eat snacks throughout the day in place of full meals.
v.tr.
1. To feed on (herbage) in a field or on pastureland.
2. To feed on the herbage of (a piece of land).
3. To afford herbage for the feeding of: This field will graze 30 head of cattle.
4. To put (livestock) out to feed.
5. To tend (feeding livestock) in a pasture.

Do you know exactly how much he saves by having his cows graze on our land, and doesn't pay for it? I'd like to know exactly how much, but by the numbers above it's a lot.

Improvements on grazing grounds (THAT HIS 900 COWS SEEM JUST FINE AT NOW OR HE'D MOVE THEM) are what?

Would you like the MLB to build a nice new swimming pool? Maybe a dual diving board for our four legged friends?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

Well hmm, let's see. Improvements....... Irrigation. Like the wells the ranchers put in themselves for example. Off the top of my head.

If they kept their word instead of using funds to drive off all the ranchers, they wouldn't be so hurt up for money would they?
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:42:00 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by seaez

And you wanna bet a beer over a life? You are a sick person
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 13:10:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

It was at that point I dismissed him as anything more than a troll.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That is over 2 million dollars in cows he has on OUR federal land, meaning his costs are far less because we the tax payer are subsidizing his costs for feeding the cow over it's lifetime. You do realize this is Federal land don't you? As in, not his, ours? His family has rented it for generations, legally, but 20 years ago he got greedy and stopped paying. He owes a bill that now totals over $1,000,000 while he has been making a lot of money. The numbers above are for lifetimes of cows, average lifetime of a cow fro3m link above is 5.7 years, generously that's 3 cow lifetimes.

$2,323,827 per cow lifetime (generous profit not taking into account FREE LAND, our land) * 3 cow lifetimes = $6,971,481

Even with that low number, subtract the $1,000,000 he should OWE as part of his opperating expense, and he's still up almost $6 million dollars.

Yeah, great little person millionaire you got there... not counting the actual land and property he owns that these cows are not grazing on.

But you go on defending this greedy a-hole who doesn't want to pay up the money he owes the government, corporate welfare fraud at it's finest. I just laugh that he has people, who I'd imagine are genuinely great people, defending his greedy nature and actions.

www.biologicaldiversity.org...

In 1994 the Fish and Wildlife Service identified areas critical to the long-term survival of the desert tortoise; one was Gold Butte. In 1998 the BLM released its current “resource management plan,” which clearly indicates that grazing allotments in tortoise critical habitat would be closed. Also in 1998 Clark County bought all valid existing grazing permits for Gold Butte, paying $375,000 to retire them for the benefit of the tortoise.
edit on 12-4-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
'It's over' .... ?? I'm thinking not.
They may be pulling back for now, but it's far from over.
They'll wait until things quiet down and the Oath Keepers and others leave.
Then they'll pounce.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
INCREDIBLE!!! Old Mr. Bundy, company, and WE THE PEOPLE have WON....

This is but one battle in the war on freedom, you can bet they will be back, and soon...

ITS TIME TO KICK THE BUMS OUT!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
INCREDIBLE!!! Old Mr. Bundy, company, and WE THE PEOPLE have WON....

This is but one battle in the war on freedom, you can bet they will be back, and soon...

ITS TIME TO KICK THE BUMS OUT!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
My money is on it's far from over. No way the big egos in law enforcement would allow it and big money from cracking. We will see but no revolution starts and ends that clean.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Bobby Powell has been updating as best he can ...X ats member www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

Time for plan B.... The slow, "soft kill".

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join