It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alternative to UKIP

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

larapa
reply to post by stumason

The actual statement from their leaflet is :

29 million Romanians and Bulgarians will flood into the UK on January 1st.

The combined total population of Romania and Bulgaria is just under 27.5 million people. Not to split straws but I call BS on anything Farage states. I will leave the country if he gets any where near number 10 . I thought Cameron was bad enough...

Is it? Because I have an image of it here:politicalscrapbook.net...

And it clearly says:

Next year, the EU will allow 29 million Bulgarians and Immigrants into the UK

Now, the population of Bulgaria is 7.3 Million and Romania is 21.3. Add the two and you get 28.6, so following mathematical rules, rounding it up takes it to 29 million.

So, as I said, "factually", one cannot dispute it, even if ithe facts have been misrepresented

EDIT: Spelling
edit on 13/4/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by larapa

May I ask what then what is the major issue with immigration? They staff our hospitals and job creation for UK citizens is on the increase...

There is no major issue with immigration, not if it's controlled. We've ALWAYS had immigration here and it has never been a problem.

The problem is with the 'open door' policy. Because along with all the genuine law-abiding people, we also have to permit entry and accommodate foreign criminals who have been convicted of serious crimes in their own countries - why should we be forced to accept them? We have enough of our own criminals. Let their own justice system waste money dealing with them and pay for their jail time.

UK citizens generally are not against immigration, they just don't see why we can't deny entry to undesirables. And I have to agree with them. It's like opening your house up to the rest of the country to walk in and out to do as they please, including thieves, fraudsters, and murderers.

Citizens have a right to live in as safe a community as possible, we expect reasonable measures imposed to effect this as best as is possible, it's what we pay taxes for and it's what we expect.

If the main parties continue to ignore what citizens want regarding our borders, then don't moan when they vote UKIP.

Parties can't keep ignoring citizens, it just infuriates us - and that's how the wrong people get in power.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by larapa

You don't know what you are talking about, UKIP = Racism, Homophobia, Neo Nazi, Scum....

Actually I do.
UKIP = Freedom from the EU. Stopping unchecked illegal immigration. Thinks UK citizens first.

As for the rest of your parties.. well they're just as corrupt as the democrats and republicans back here in the US.

Cameron family on ANOTHER vacation, poor people can just tough it out
Labour admits MP corruption a win for UKIP
Lib Dems senior party members conspired coverup of child sex offences

You folks should be thanking UKIP for coming in and helping as your other parties are so dirty I barely know where to start. I hope UKIP absolutely trounce the opposition during the elections.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by larapa

May I ask what then what is the major issue with immigration?

People have many varied and different concerns regarding immigration levels and policy in the UK.
I have my own personal concerns but I would never be arrogant enough to assume to speak for everyone, or for anyone else other than myself.
But for whatever reason(s) these issues are not allowed to be discussed at any length or in any depth in the public domain.

.....the majority of the brainwashed inhabitants of the UK.....

And that's a typical response from someone with a closed mind; just because people have a different opinion to you doesn't mean they are 'brainwashed', they simply have a different opinion to you and as they are denied the opportunity to air and debate those opinions in an intelligent and reasoned manner many feel they have no other option but to support UKIP.

Your dismissal, disregard and flippant stereotyping of them and what they feel are genuine concerns seems to lend some support to their reasoning.

reply to post by Bassago

You're entirely correct in your assessment of the major political parties in the UK.
The whole system is corrupt, amoral and rotten to the core.

But please don't think Farage is some Knight in Shining Armour coming to save the nation in its hour of need. He has had more than his fair share of shady dealings and I suspect a few skeletons remain in the cupboard.
And I fear he is nothing more than a spurned Tory and his primary motivation is to get a place at the trough that the pigs are feeding from.

Perhaps I'm getting too cynical with the advancing years?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

stumason

larapa

The actual statement from their leaflet is :

29 million Romanians and Bulgarians will flood into the UK on January 1st.

The combined total population of Romania and Bulgaria is just under 27.5 million people. Not to split straws but I call BS on anything Farage states. I will leave the country if he gets any where near number 10 . I thought Cameron was bad enough...

Is it? Because I have an image of it here:politicalscrapbook.net...

And it clearly says:

Next year, the EU will allow 29 million Bulgarians and Immigrants into the UK

Now, the population of Bulgaria is 7.3 Million and Romania is 21.3. Add the two and you get 28.6, so following mathematical rules, rounding it up takes it to 29 million.

So, as I said, "factually", one cannot dispute it, even if ithe facts have been misrepresented

EDIT: Spelling
edit on 13/4/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

Sorry I'm posting quickly fromn work. I need to reference this link:
info.moneyweek.com...~DISPL%2BSPCFC%2BThe%20End%20Of%20Britain~DISPL%2BSPCFC%2BThe%20End%20Of%20 Britain%2BKW~36720328269~placement:rt.com~c&gclid=CLLfx86S4r0CFbMftAodb2QA5w

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

The UKIP are an extention of the tory party.

The part was set up by former tory politicians and supporters.

UKIP is a sham to make people vote tory yet make them think they are voting for the left.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well I voted Green Party last time and will probably do so again. Their policies probably make them the most liberal of all the parties, I just think a change of name would probably benefit them so people don't think they're all about one issue.

Nigel Farage, whilst charismatic, certainly doesn't have a knack for choosing good candidates for his party. How on Earth did he think Godfrey Bloom would be beneficial for the profile of UKIP?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

twfau
Well I voted Green Party last time and will probably do so again. Their policies probably make them the most liberal of all the parties, I just think a change of name would probably benefit them so people don't think they're all about one issue.

Nigel Farage, whilst charismatic, certainly doesn't have a knack for choosing good candidates for his party. How on Earth did he think Godfrey Bloom would be beneficial for the profile of UKIP?

Agreed on both counts, especially on the name for the Greens.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You do realise that "doom and gloom article" is an advert, don't you? It's an attempt to make you sign up to whatever financial service they are offering and makes them sound like they have Messiah like powers when it comes to economic predictions - I'm not sure what relevance it has to the thread either.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So the choice here is apparently between a xenophobic-fascist party and a neo-communist-nanny party. Lovely what people are willing to sacrifice just to get out of Europe. They're sure playing with peoples heads out there.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Skyfloating
So the choice here is apparently between a xenophobic-fascist party and a neo-communist-nanny party. Lovely what people are willing to sacrifice just to get out of Europe. They're sure playing with peoples heads out there.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

So far..How do your political parties stand in comparison?

'What we are willing to sacrifice to get out of Europe?'

'What are we willing to sacrifice to stay in?' .. Seems to be the pertinent question..
edit on 15/4/2014 by ObservingYou because: Avoiding the Spellings Nazi's

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

stumason

You do realise that "doom and gloom article" is an advert, don't you? It's an attempt to make you sign up to whatever financial service they are offering and makes them sound like they have Messiah like powers when it comes to economic predictions - I'm not sure what relevance it has to the thread either.

I should hope so as I clicked it from the RT advert bar..
Your right, no relevance to the subject at hand..

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Ok - I was just puzzled - wasn't sure if you were making a point, or had the wrong link or whatever

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Anyway, I see you on a lot of the British threads - Keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Personally I hate Politics……. But I have had to become active (handing out leaflets later today) because I feel so strongly about the Democratic Deficit of the EU. I am 100% convinced that if we lose our Sovereignty to the corrupt EU Government then ...... Democracy will have truly died.

I think a way forward would be to influence Parliamentary Democracy with an online Peoples Direct Democracy, employing Professional Lobbyists and funded by a new Lobbying Tax.

I, like most people, think our government is a corrupt Plutocracy, so....I ask..... Why on earth would anyone want it to get bigger, less accountable & speak in many tongues?

This is not really rocket science!! Or is it?

There have been some very powerful dark subliminal forces at work in this country for a long, long time, I see a lot of manipulation with the use & meanings of words, for example:

Racism used to mean feeling superior to another race, now it means any kind of ethnic differentiation.
People in the UK think the EU Parliament is the same as the UK Parliament, but it has a lot less powers i.e.. zero Legislative Initiative.
We refer to the EU Government apparatus simply as the EU, but this is a deflection as it actually infers union of member nations & not the people actually running the show.

The entire EU Commission who are the only people who can propose new laws were all sacked once for fraud & corruption for Christ sake.

What depresses most is the rampant indoctrination of our youth, Schools have been giving out Pro EU leaflets to children as young as ten for many years, teachers tell them that homosexuality is normal and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, but simply disagreeing with this view automatically makes you a homophobe.

The spittle, venom & hostility by people like larapa is usually the result of all of the above and group think combined, many under 30’s seem to subliminally translate any discussion about immigration as a personal attack on their coloured best friend from school.

The .gov funded UAF & HNH (Rent a Thug) Leftists scream racist at anyone who dare say "Black Person" yet their hero Karl Marx was a true out & out racist in the old & true meaning of the word, go figure?

Freedom of speech at work, on the street and in the pubs had all but disappeared here in the UK, people were too scared to voice their opinion until UKIP became mainstream.

I only wish that more people would realize that the issue of Sovereignty, Democracy & Accountability is far, far more important than the petty squabbles of the Left Right paradigm so effectively employed by the LibLabCon on behalf of their hidden corporate masters.

PS. The Green Party is quite big in the EU Parliament, but it' maybe? a different colour Green
edit on 18/4/14 by UKMinarchist because: added the PS

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ObservingYou
As Australian I am interested!
What are UKIPS economic policies are they neo liberals or more hardcore Austrians like the UK version of US libertarian Party. Of cause we dont need a replicate of such a party here in Australia Abbott/Hockey simply moved the LNP further to the right in our system.

edit on 12-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 74joff
a reply to: ObservingYou
As Australian I am interested!
What are UKIPS economic policies are they neo liberals or more hardcore Austrians like the UK version of US libertarian Party. Of cause we dont need a replicate of such a party here in Australia Abbott/Hockey simply moved the LNP further to the right in our system.

Same as the Tories and Labour.. all in diferent sheep skin!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Although they have committed to Swiss Style Direct Democracy.

London MEP & Founder Member Gerrard Batten protests outside Bilderberger Meetings etc, members openly discuss Truther theories & regard themselves as Anti Establishment but it's all drowned out by unprecedented Media attacks of Racism & Homophobia supported by .Gov funded Hope not Hate & the UAF

As an active Member who has spoken with Farage and other MEPs I believe they have simply not been bought by the Global Elites (yet).

Wake up and smell the Roses Boys

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
i see it like this my grandad and everyones grandad fought for queen and country to keep germany from dictating to the uk many lifes where lost for what??? so europe can decide our laws..... its like spitting on our dead relatives,,most real british wont out of the eu ,we are being ignored they keep delaying the vote ,i mean what the hell am i in a some alternate reality

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien
I know exactly how you feel, my critical thinking skills are in overdrive wondering why people don't see what's happening here in the UK. The people we need to help stop the Political Elites just doing what they want are being fooled by the MSM and letting our governance become less accountable, less democratic and more distant.

On November 1st this year we lose the right of Veto and hand over 40 new competencies over to the EU, from this point on we simply have to do what we are told, not a word in the MSM though, both incredible & surreal

Who Governs us is THE MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECT FOR SOCIETY. It encompasses EVERYTHING else

I find it hard to believe when someone shows the way out of this authoritarian mess they are attacked by the very generation they are trying to protect for being Racist for wanting to regain control of our borders in one of the least racist country's in the world.

edit on 26/7/14 by UKMinarchist because: added "for wanting to regain control of our borders"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join