It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A huge object is filmed impacting and bouncing off the Moon - no one bats an eyelid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Youtube user DarkSkyWatcher74 filmed something seemingly impacting the Moon and bouncing across the whole face of it, creating new craters: www.youtube.com...

Incredibly, no one in the astronomical community, and none of the official sources like NASA said a word about this remarkable event. So what is going on? A sinister conspiracy, or was it just some bug or satellite flying across the telescope's view?

As far as I'm aware, lunar impacts even from relatively small objects produce a powerful explosion and a bright flash of light. Fresh impact craters have high albedo. Asteroids don't bounce off the surface of the Moon like beach balls. The impact usually melts both the asteroid and the ground beneath it, displacing tons of lunar rock in a cloud of debris.

But maybe we're all wrong, and this object indeed bounced across the whole face of the Moon, creating dark craters on the way. What do you think?

P.S. Sorry about earlier, I managed to hit Enter while typing the topic title.
edit on 12-4-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Uh Oh!!!

Forget something?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Neil's expression is fitting lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Posting to find the thread later on......in the hope that something will be added.
lol

link   

A huge claim is posted, impacting and bouncing on ATS!

Pics Please!

link   

wildespace

Damn... All those people saying this site is going down hill may be right! Look he didn't even have time to post more than a topic.
edit on 12-4-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This has changed my view of the universe....

Riveting stuff, you heard it here first, heard what you ask? Well,...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

wildespace

i wonder did it ring like a bell when hit and is nasa crashing satellite's again
edit on 12-4-2014 by 999zxcv because: (no reason given)

link   

Very interesting. I guess this is one of those fill in the blanks threads.

link   
This vid ?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I see you got your link fixed -- Thanks!

Is there a point in this 20 min video that shows the impacts this guy is alleging? I really don't have the time to watch it all at the moment. I WILL watch it later, but for now I just want to see the impacts.

edit on 4/12/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They got to him quickly. :S

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Wasn't there a satellite that was just turned off and expected to crash on the moon.
What was it called again...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

13:15 i guess that is

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In the OP video, it took nearly EIGHT minutes to get to the dang 'impact' part... I hate when people babble on for mins and then when the 'evidence' is shown, its 'meh'.....

Hey, could be real, just not that impressed... not blinking an eye, indeed.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

AzureSky
Wasn't there a satellite that was just turned off and expected to crash on the moon.
What was it called again...

The far side, you can't see it. LADEE.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I am admittedly watching the video on a very small screen, but I don't see anything at all in his circles.

Why the hell do people pad their videos out with endless cruft? Nearly 20 minutes for an event that lasts a few seconds? Get some editing skills, people!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'll enjoy so much debunkers activity on this thread, probably comparing it with other youtube videos.....if there are other similar.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Rob48
I am admittedly watching the video on a very small screen, but I don't see anything at all in his circles.

Why the hell do people pad their videos out with endless cruft? Nearly 20 minutes for an event that lasts a few seconds? Get some editing skills, people!

There is some sort of dark dot that goes across the screen for a few seconds, but the resolution is so horrible that it could be anything -- ranging from what the YouTuber alleges it is, to a bug, or to a video artifact -- and other possible explanations in between.

Considering nobody else has mentioned a bunch of new craters that suddenly appeared on the moon (and there are many, many amateur astronomers who would have noticed new craters), I'm leaning towards this being something other than an impact that produced craters. If new craters were crated, then they would still be there for all of us to see.

In fact, why doesn't the original YouTube uploader just SHOW us the new craters as they look TODAY. They should still be there.

If this guy wants to prove impacts, then he is going to need far more than this ambiguous video.

edit on 4/12/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

wildespace
Youtube user DarkSkyWatcher74 filmed something seemingly impacting the Moon and bouncing across the whole face of it, creating new craters

No, he didn't. He filmed a bird or bat crossing the moon. The way his compressed video distorts the picture it makes it look more like a black streak than a bird (could also be due to using a temporal denoising routine within the camera). Impacts on the moon produce momentary stationary flashes, even small impacts that don't create visible new craters. DSW74 is a habitual liar; he stole a photo of Saturn I took on December 21, 2012 (back then he went by Tree0fmight), claimed it was his, claimed it was evidence that Saturn was tilting back and forth (my photo was the "forth" part of that equation), blocked me from sending him any messages so I couldn't ask him to take it down, then when I finally had youtube remove it for violating my copyright he threatened to sue me. He also stole another photo of Saturn from an observatory in Singapore at about the same time. Here's a video covering some of these lies (mine was the image on the right in the "before/after" comparison):

Now he's trying to milk his video of a bird or bat crossing the moon, but that is not what lunar impacts look like at all. This is what they look like:

edit on 12-4-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join