It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is guilty of genocide against the Native population

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You are correct.

It's a 400 year old cultural genocide.

Anybody who argues that fact does not understand our history, past or present.

Canada is not the country everybody thinks it is.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Interestingly enough, most guys working construction on sites I worked were older than me, more toward my father's age. I am 32 by the way. It seems not a lot of young people are interested in construction around here. The ones that are seem to move west more than work around here.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

and anyone who calls the Bay at that time,, a trade hub,, would tend to be Asian or possable Persian in thinking,, cause there called

Forts,, u know forts as in cowboys and indian wars,,and french indian wars,, the indian wars of
well start here,,,

the richeleu river,, like the Miramachi but different. eh

a fellow Canadian,
edit on 4/12/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Thanks, not a huge fan of quebec here, but got that series bookmarked for later. History is always interesting, hard to find as many sources as I would like to. Always the winner rights the textbooks.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I didn't say it was fair or makes up for taking their land and their mistreatment. But its something. There are actually quite a list of "perks" for lack of a better word right now, and laws that they are exempted. Multiple, multiple programs and government funding aimed at helping natives (work programs amongst them). A fair trade? Hell no. But its an acknowledgement of their mistreatings in our past and history, I believe.

A personal note, I'm a white Canadian, born and raised. I have Native co-workers. Then again I also work with Chinese, Indian, Africans, Syrians etc. etc. All hard working people that have a lot to offer Canada as a country(makes Canada a pretty awesome place). If we could do more short of giving back the land. (I'm not going to give up my (hrmm.) land! would you!?) It would be done.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Daxxal

You don't seem like one of the jerky people. There really people out there that say crappy things. They act like the "perks" are not only adequate, but more than adequate and don't deserve anything at all. We should just get over it and join the rest of Canada. Plenty of that kind of attitude in the US too. I feel they honestly must not know the real deal. If I don't believe that, then it's even worse, they just don't care, or even hate. I would rather assume and hope it's ignorance. And try to do my part to eliminate the ignorance.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I live on a gulf island that is all reserve except the 110 acre farm we live at.

There was a residential school here on this island.

There is a dark shadow of memories, broken homes & destroyed lives hanging over this community. I have many friends, elders who went through this school and I have heard many of their stories. I am utterly ashamed of what my people put them through.

A child speaking in their native tongue was told to stop that devil speak and talk in English, a brother mysteriously "falls down the stairs" & dies after refusing to speak in English, young girls raped and their babies taken, murdered and buried in mass graves. Siblings taken and held, starved, beaten....humiliated....

In 1853 a ship called the HMC Forward came into the bay here (which was the location Lamalchi tribe/village at the time) looking for 3 men in connection with a murder of a Cadbro bay sailor and his daughter. To make a long story short the ship bombarded the village with various cannon loads including exploding cannon balls, the three men were hung in Victoria, the old village site is now the farm we live at & there is only a few living relations from the original tribe.

Blankets were brought to the tribes on this island, blankets infected with smallpox. Boats full of the dead & dying were paddled across to the town close by, they were turned away.

3 tribes here lost the teachings of their elders, their community torn apart & their history lost. There is far more to be told about what went on just here, all Canadians should know what WE were responsible for so that we can understand how not to treat our fellow man.

Suicides, alcoholism, abuse & violence, illiteracy..... generational sins......
this is Our fault as Canadians

I hope I did not offend anyone with what I wrote. My children attend a first nation school here and we have been accepted into this community, I am of European ancestry, my wife is Inuit....we have been accepted by this community.
edit on 12-4-2014 by criticalmindseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by criticalmindseed

It's really horrible what people do to each other. I don't understand cruelty at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
All I can say is that during the media blitz for the Highway Of Tears I, and about everyone else was shocked at the malcontent and uncaring attitude by investigators toward the native population. It was somewhat easy for these cases to be unsolved if you never investigated them in the first place.

Shocked really fails to describe the way most felt as murders/disappearances in America are vigorously investigated regardless of who the victim is.

When myself and two other researchers heard a detective say "We told them not to hitchhike on that road, we put up signs telling them not to accept rides from strangers on that road-they did it anyway so there is not much more for us to do"

An American detective would be fired and thrown out the window for copping that attitude.

3 of the cases involving native women occurred near a bridge and an old firebreak and the investigative report said things like-="down there by that bridge" or "somewhere near that other case" "get down there when we have time" or left it for the second shift"

These people were not incompetent-they just didn't care.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

Social media like facebook and twitter is making it a little better, as far as getting amber alerts/missing person alerts of all races lots more exposure. It seems like the "pros" such as national medias and cops just don't give a crap. A lot of it is social demographics too, but race plays a roll in social demographics.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Daxxal

Daxxal
reply to post by TKDRL

A personal note, I'm a white Canadian, born and raised.

If we could do more short of giving back the land. (I'm not going to give up my (hrmm.) land! would you!?) It would be done.

You should do more. And yes, you should give up what ever land you own so you can know what it’s like.

Also no one cares that you’re working in a multi cultural environment. I can’t stand when white people say this, as if it excuses them for what they have done.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

TKDRL
reply to post by Daxxal

They act like the "perks" are not only adequate, but more than adequate and don't deserve anything at all. We should just get over it and join the rest of Canada.

I feel they honestly must not know the real deal. If I don't believe that, then it's even worse, they just don't care, or even hate. I would rather assume and hope it's ignorance. And try to do my part to eliminate the ignorance.

Please don’t be discouraged. White people in Canada are a dying race. In fact white people all over the world are a dying race because they aren’t having children for various reasons. Let your children know that there is hope in the future. In 100-200 years white people will be a rare sight. The rest of the world will treat you much better than white people ever will.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JustACoincidence

Well, white people seem to be thriving and having kids here in the east coast. Both US and Canada. And for the record I don't take comfort in the idea of white people, or any people dieing off for that matter. It's exactly what royalty and colonizers thought about us, we should die off so they could put their railways wherever they want, and settle wherever they want etc. It's a totally psychotic way of thinking, and I sure don't want to be like that.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by JustACoincidence

Well, white people seem to be thriving and having kids here in the east coast. Both US and Canada. And for the record I don't take comfort in the idea of white people, or any people dieing off for that matter. It's exactly what royalty and colonizers thought about us, we should die off so they could put their railways wherever they want, and settle wherever they want etc. It's a totally psychotic way of thinking, and I sure don't want to be like that.

Unfortunately it’s not going to happen over night. So you will still see white people with children for a while. Mass immigration to Canada is helping speed up the process.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

You don’t have to be happy about it. In my opinion, the world would be a much better place if white people didn’t exist. Would you really miss them if they disappeared? Yes we all know at least one nice white guy, but they still don’t belong.

Wanting white people to disappear isn’t the same as making them disappear.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join