It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada is guilty of genocide against the Native population

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Senator Brazeau

The Honourable
Patrick Brazeau
Senator for Repentigny, Quebec
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 8, 2009
Nominated by Stephen Harper
Appointed by David Johnston
Preceded by Marisa Ferretti Barth
Personal details
Born November 11, 1974 (age 39)
Maniwaki, Quebec
Political party Independent Conservative 2013-present
Conservative Party 2009-2013

Brazeau is an Algonquin from the Kitigan Zibi reserve near Maniwaki.

I'm sure the Rt. Honarable Senator,, will be looking into this grievous injustice.

p.s Are u another U.N Europeeon?

cause this turd just aint floating,,

ohh

opps too late,,,
Suspended Senator Patrick Brazeau was arrested early this morning in Gatineau, Que., and is facing charges including possession of coc aine, ...

so yes we as a Country do have our problems,,,but it seems like this United Nations Fact finding expose" is just soooooooooo oldddddddddddddd.
get new stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

People who dont know are probly the ones that either dropped out of school or just didnt show up all the time in school. It is something you learn about every year from about grade 5 to Grade 12. You learn about it in every Social Studies/History Class. Why dont you ask Canadians your self what they know instead of going by old out dated books?

It is common knowledge up here, Although it should of NEVER HAPPENED.

Anyone who has completed up to grade twelve has learned about it, MAYBE some people may have forgot about it, not everyone remembers everything from school.

There is no ignorance here, it is taught in our schools.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

The outdated book is only documenting the actions of Duncan Campbell Scott and the Administration of Indian Affairs. Nothing about anything else. I have been living in Canada 8 years now, you think I haven't talked to Canadians in all this time? I have literally met people that said they had no idea about the abuse that went on in the schools. I figured it was like my bangup education in the US, where we just lightly glossed over what happened to the natives there, yet spent a whole lot of time learning the gory details of the genocide hitler did.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

You mind trying to type in sentences and paragraphs please? I have no idea what you are trying to convey.
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 11:47:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Where in Canada did/do you live? What was the demographic of people that you talked to.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

I live in rural NB. People all the way from Amherst NS to Moncton NB, I get around a bit doing construction work.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by snypwsd

I live in rural NB. People all the way from Amherst NS to Moncton NB, I get around a bit doing construction work.

Wow.. you need to get out to the other parts of Canada. It's a BIG country. This issue has been around for several decades for the rest of us. I learned about it in high school over 30 years ago. Seriously, try to not base your opinion on what ALL Canadians know from one small demographic. Come to BC, and unless they're from a foreign country, not too many people wouldn't know about this issue.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

I would like to, if I ever start making a decent living again. Not a fan of big cities at all though, avoid them as much as possible.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

"was like my bangup education in the US."
so i take it your youth was spent in America?
"been living in Canada 8 years now"
so you can be considered a guest in our Country??
are u still an American citizen??
,, or are you now,, a Canadian Citizen?
and you are discovering Canadian Aboriginal history and are taking an interest in,,
"the guilt of genocide against Canadian Peoples???"
by idiots who thought that there were but two Solitudes* in Canada
English or French. And that all other cultures were inferior?
(Two Solitudes by Hugh MacLennan)

As a Canadian im curious eh.

ohh i was born in Shediac.

and i guess im trying too convey,, we are Canadian. all of us.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's an educational issue. This isn't news to me. However I have been appalled and disheartened at what WASN'T taught to my kids. Not just this but it seems that they are just pushing the kids through school now without attempting to teach them.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yes, I grew up in the tristate. I am a born american citizen, I am also a canadian citizen by blood right. I have been to Shediac many times.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Seems like how it was in NY. In school we learned a tiny bit about the bad deeds, but not nearly as much as what happened. Left a lot of pertinent details about broken treaties, and massacres out. Some massacres that were covered, made it sound like it was a fair fight, the injuns just lost. That kind of thing.

The Canadians I talked to about it seemed like the same boat. Knew there were schools, didn't think it was that big a deal. Didn't know about the mental torment, rape, beatings and that kinda thing. Thought the schools were just to give them a great education.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

We used to be taught the seedier side of our takeover of Canada, including biological warfare(Ie: Smallpox). That said I graduated HS in '81. Hell, I bet few could name 5 native nations now.

Side note. I'm from NS but I've lived all across the country. The native peoples seem to be more segregated down home. By choice? IDK.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

sorry it an ADD thing with me,,, but i could not help but notice, that u wrote both,

and i quote "american citizen, I am also a canadian citizen by blood right. I have been to Shediac many times."

american citizen
canadian citizen

without proper capitalization,,,,

but

"Shediac" u did,,,

curious,, eh just a respect thing i guess.

So u liked Shediac?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

miq ma
iriquois
blackfoot

and Lois Reil's Metis,,, my fav.

Louis Riel
Politician
Louis David Riel was a Canadian politician, a founder of the province of Manitoba, and a political and spiritual leader of the Métis people of the Canadian prairies.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Chalk it up to lack of sleep, having trouble focusing. Shediac is OK by me. The giant lobster statue is in Shediac right?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The reason I ask about the demographic of people is that if they when to school in the 80's or before then yes they wouldnt have learned about it in schools.

Im not totally disagreeing with you but it seems like you are blowing it out of purportion.

Most of the general public knows at least one of the terrible acts that the government has commited against the aboriginals here.

Canadians know we are not perfect, we know that our government has done horrible HORRIBLE things to its citizens.

There is a difference in eduacation for the different generations, the baby boomers and generation x did not learn everything that the millenials have learned.

So to some extent you maybe right... but the fact of the matter is that it is in our school system and has been so for at least 15-20 years. Most babyboomers and GenX's do know as well. Like I said it is basically common knowledge. Did you know that The Hudsons Bay company (The Bay, as it is called today) was a big factor in the spread of small pox and other diseases as it was their fabric that contained the viruses/diseases. This is all stuff I learned in elementry school.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
As other have pointed out a lot of countries are guilty of this to certain degrees. Funny you're singling out Canada. A couple better examples that come to mind are America and Australia. In Canada Natives get "perks" that "regular" Canadians don't such as lower taxes and gas prices.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Yeah, the bay was responsible for quite a few trade hubs.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Daxxal

Put up a thread on the US or Australia if you want. No problem here. And those "perks", were from trading mineral and land rights. The "perks" don't seem so great when you can't find work though eh?
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 14:37:34 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join