It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Military View of the Bundy Ranch Situation: Why Everyone Should Be Worried

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Right or wrong he had his day in court, and over 15 years to prepare to move his cattle elsewhere. seriously? so instead of being proactive and doing what any sane person would do he tries to get militia's involvement and protestors etc out there?

That's because this isn't about Bundy's plight. Militia members don't travel from so far as New Hampshire, Texas, and Florida, for simple cattle woes. This is about saying "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore."

This is about paying $1.1 million to the feds after they basically stripped this land from the state and county.

This is about the following images, and so much more!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Bundy has been over-grazing on public, ie; our land.
reply to post by DJW001

That IS NOT the issue. If Bundy had been willing to 'pay a fee' to the government, he would have been able to 'overgraze' 'our land' as much as he wanted.

Have you not seen the connection with Reid selling the land to the Chinese for a massive solar grid installation? They need to clear the land one way or another, first.

How would you feel if the government decided to exercise 'public domain' on your home because they want it for their own coffers?

Bureau of Land Management is just another way to pronounce the word 'thief'.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I agree with a lot of what you said except for this

4 The ONLY time the military should operate domestically is if a FOREIGN power attacks US soil.

being a former service member, our oath was to protect our nation against enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC.

This falls directly in line with upholding the constitution which was put in place to protect this countries people from over reaching gov powers.

Yes the military is an apolitical entity....

But its in place to protect the country, that being its PEOPLE from whoever might harm them....this includes gov entities

To me protecting the people from all enemies INCLUDING its own gov is about as apolitical as you can get....

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Logarock

Bundy does not contest the legitimacy of the federal government’s existence. He looks right to the constitution for a solution to his problem, and fails to find one. If a government has a right to exist, it has a right to own property, and do with it as it sees fit.

Does people have a right to exist? And does that give us the same rights??

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I hearing reports that the BLM is backing out. can anyone confurm this?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I agree 100% there is a war in this country and it is them against us and until we
unite we will lose! Alphabet agencies have usurped diplomacy and the
constitution in lieu of their own ideals of supremacy! These are those in the
federal government holding all the cards and we are subservient to their God
like position of authority over us! I have seen this coming for years and they
will use what ever weapons that they can get away with! Until we the people
make a choice to uncover the secret cabal that is ruling us from behind the
alphabet curtain of power we will continue to cry foul but will continue to play
by their rules!

Time is against us and our only power is unity and passive resistance! Gentlemen
the fight has been on for far to long to sit idly by and watch our freedoms to
survive be taken away one at a time! It is long past a time to hold those
accountable for their deceptions, arrogance and their violations of crimes against
freedoms and humanity in general! A call to revolution will be all that separate
those fighting for freedom and those standing by as idle spectators hoping for
change! The choice is yours AMERICA, PLEASE HELP TO LET FREEDOM REIGN OR
LOSE IT FOREVER!

~NSNF
edit on 12-4-2014 by nosacrificenofreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

nugget1

Bundy has been over-grazing on public, ie; our land.
reply to post by DJW001

That IS NOT the issue. If Bundy had been willing to 'pay a fee' to the government, he would have been able to 'overgraze' 'our land' as much as he wanted.

Have you not seen the connection with Reid selling the land to the Chinese for a massive solar grid installation? They need to clear the land one way or another, first.

How would you feel if the government decided to exercise 'public domain' on your home because they want it for their own coffers?

Bureau of Land Management is just another way to pronounce the word 'thief'.

Isn't that what Eminent domain is?

Eminent domain
The power of the government to take private property and convert it into public use.
The Fifth Amendment provides that the government may only exercise this power if
they provide just compensation to the property owners. see, e.g. Loretto v.
Teleprompter Manhattan CATV Corp. 458 US 419 (1982).

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Simple question.... As a soldier, would you execute those orders against US citizens or would you defend us against all threats, both foreign and domestic, even threats from within our own Govt.? Also, being a soldier, you're obviously around military folks on a regular basis, does the conversation ever come up about how you guys would handle a situation with a revolt here on US soil? Which side you go to, expectations, etc.?
edit on 12-4-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

DJW001

Logarock
The government would probably like to confiscate all private property suitable for grazing. All those fees would amount to a tidy sum turtles or no. Besides cattle farts cause global warming. Cows are terrorists. This rancher is nothing more than an Imam of fart terrorists. The turtles are being gassed.

The problem is, that is the opposite of what is happening here. Bundy has been over-grazing on public, ie; our land. Even the Founding Fathers would be appalled by his disrespect for the Commons.

He doesn't pay for the permit - Clark county does. He paid his property taxes. Under pressure from the BLM, the county bought up *ALL* the grazing rights and retired them. There wasn't anywhere else for his family to graze the cattle.

I'll throw this link in again:

www.biologicaldiversity.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This falls directly in line with upholding the constitution which was put in place to protect this countries people from over reaching gov powers.
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Yet the constitution has been violated repeatedly and I don't see any of the folks who took that oath stepping up and doing anything to defend it. They like to talk about it....but that's it. In practice, as far as I can see....the oath means nothing.

How do you explain this glaring contradiction?

It's why I despise those faketriot Oathkeepers...or should I say....Oathbreakers.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

The ultimate problem is that this government, even in current history has chosen to ignore the will of the people, has chosen to willingly and knowingly refused to enforce the laws.

..or follow the laws themselves.

edit on 12-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Read this please [url=http://www.dailykos.com...]. I respect you for being in the military, fellow vet here, but you really don't know the history behind this.

I have been "discussing" this with a lot of them on the Facebook pages of several of our local news stations for days now. (Yes, I know, but someone had to present the view that stealing is bad.) They scare me, frankly. They have no idea of history or law or the actual facts of the case, and they don't care. They were told to be outraged, and they are. They're streaming into the state armed and dangerous and with an extremely tenuous grip on reality, looking for trouble. I fear that they will find it.

edit on 12-4-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I haven't seen this photo yet, though it is very possible it is on ATS. There are now so many threads about this topic I wasn't even sure which to post in.

Came across this graphic about the percent of land the federal government owns in each state. I had no idea it was this much.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

DJW001

So long as Americans have Second Amendment rights, law enforcement officers will need to assume that they are in a potential firefight and make tactical decisions based on the likelihood of armed conflict. Do you have a problem with either part of the equation?

I do. I got a big problem with that equation.

I am not a combatant engaged in a daily armed standoff with corporate law enforcement officers, yet they are.

If law enforcement officers always assume that they are in a potential gun fight because of the 2nd amendment, I will assume that because they are armed, they are always ready to execute civilians based entirely on how they feel.

Simply because I'm (well) armed I do not assume that I'm engaged in any kind of armed conflict with anyone. I'm armed because I exercise my 2nd amendment right.

If you got a problem with that equation, to bad for you.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Obviously the feds are trying to steal is land buy bankrupting him and using a tortoise as an excuse, so Harry Reid and the communists Chinese can make billions off from solar panels. The government is wrong on this case. The facts are based on fraud.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

stormcell

He doesn't pay for the permit - Clark county does.

You pay your permit fees to BLM. He's been a thorn in everyone's side for so long, that Clark County offered to take the payments and then send them to BLM. He didn't even want to do that. This is one reason the County Sheriff turned a blind eye to what the Feds are doing. They tried to reason with him for years, but he's just a stubborn old coot with very few, if any, local supporters outside his own family. Hence the call to arms to everyone else. They don't know any better and he knows it. He's using them the same way the Feds use people. You know what a two legged snake is?

www.blm.gov...

www.stgeorgeutah.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am understanding that the tense standoff at the Bundy Ranch has come to an relatively peaceful end.

Thank God.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I know how you feel. I'm from a small town in Kansas, population around 3k, and for as long as I can remember the police were always approachable, just walk up to one on the street and start a conversation. These cops were always related to locals, they were friends, attended neighborhood cookouts and church functions such as Baptisms. Basically these cops were just one of "us". Now the city and county has basically been, perhaps not forced, but strongly directed by the state and feds to hire cops from out of this area, people with no former ties to the community. Once this was established practice, suddenly our small town cops are going through all this tactical training including but not limited to sniper training, and now every single city cop carries a select-fire M16 military rifle. Why do city cops here need full auto capabilities?

I used to travel a lot for my job and we stayed in one place anywhere from 4 to 24 months. Some places were Dallas, Seattle and Columbus Ohio. It was quite a culture shock back in the late 90's for me to go from my home town to places where if you just walk up to a police officer, rather than talk to you they pull a pistol and command you to get turn around and get on your knees. Crazy.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I don't know the specifics of this guys court case. That being said, just because he lost a court case doesn't mean the verdict was just. Courts don't always get things right. Just because they "are the law" doesn't mean they should always be followed. They may be judges, but they make mistakes like any other person. They also make judgements that are not popular and sometimes can be changed if the response to said judgement is extremely negative, as it has been here.

I don't understand whats happened to our people. Americans used to stand with each other, usually other REGULAR people. Now anytime a judge or any official declares you "in the wrong" the masses shout "CRIMINAL!" and you're effing screwed because now all of a sudden no one would dare listen to you or come to your aid. You can literally be murdered by an agent/officer at this point and most people would say "oh well that happens to criminals".

I say "BRAVO" to everyone who came to this mans aid, or supports him.

We need to stop blindly following the official story. No one thinks for themselves, they let the government do it for them. They make a decision, and every dumb lemming in this country follows it without question. Real god damn American of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'm curious about the people working for the "BLM" and what their resume might look like...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join