It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Military View of the Bundy Ranch Situation: Why Everyone Should Be Worried

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Some may not catch the pertinence of the following statements to the thread or issue being discussed....

The constitution was written to keep authority from stepping over certain lines, not to protect you so much as to control the authorities from exceeding certain levels of power over the people.

Nobody has constitutional "rights" because they don't need them, the constitution was written to keep the governing authority from infringing on our "God given rights" and if the limiting of power over the authorities by the constitution was working the issue would not even come up.

The problem here is that those in power are not following the rules set forth for them to follow and the authorities do pretty much whatever they want whenever they want while being backed up by "their courts" "their laws" "their guns" "their jails and the keys to them...".

The people (more like tyrants) that run things here are only masquerading and pandering to our beliefs we have anything like rights.

Somewhere something changed and went un-noticed by the people of the U.S. long ago.

I have a pretty good idea where things went wrong, but it's all only theoretical and frequently gets me accused of being a "conspiracy theorist".

Don't try to wake anybody up because there really is no point to it.

The Bundy thing either way is going to be used by one side or the other to set "precedent", and they guys who parasitically exist off of the taxpayer don't like to lose and will expend endless amounts of our wealth to win either way.

After all, if little man Bundy were actually allowed to win people would have just a bit less faith in their all powerful government and may actually begin to take their country back.

Everything is an act of faith.

I'm going back to sleep now.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I am for the laws of the land, believing that the spirit and the letter of the law should agree and be followed. However, there is a social contract that is there, between the people and the government that is there to make laws and enforce them. The ultimate problem is that this government, even in current history has chosen to ignore the will of the people, has chosen to willingly and knowingly refused to enforce the laws.

Too many agencies that this government often take matters into their own hands, and at times have tried to remove the rights of the people, even when the law is very specific on what that government can and can not do. There is more going on than what is being shown here, and that is what is disturbing, and the fault lies with the government who has chosen to operate in the dark, and hide what it is doing, rather than keep the populace informed and allowing we the people to make that decision.

The question at hand, is what is going on, and why is the federal government who has lied to the people, which picks and chooses which laws to uphold, and whose agencies take more and more power, what are they up to? The land in dispute is not federal land, has no federal interest what so ever. And the agency that is responsible for managing it is no more clean, than any other branch of the federal government. The one agency that could step in and stop this has been neutralized, and ultimately that also fails to show good faith on the part of the government. At what point should the people turn around and say enough is enough?

As I watch and read and follow this story, this rancher, Bundy, is not asking for people to take up arms, but is asking for peaceful demonstration. And the only ones who appear to be making the aggressive overtones happens to be the federal government, but restricting and constraining people, when it comes to certain rights, like the freedom of speech. While the authorities can restrict movement, to prevent people from getting in the way, but to take away their right to protest and demand redress or even the right to speak and state an idea, narrowing it down to where only 25 people can do such at a time in a box, goes too far.

Maybe wisdom here would be for the federal government to back down, to work with the state and listen for a change, and not get involved. The rancher made his case time and time again, that this is state land, and that the money that he would pay should go to the state of Nevada, not to the US federal government. And the Federal government is disagreeing with that decision, deciding that it has a stake in land that it does not own or control. At first it was to protect a tortoise, which turned out to be a lie. So if the very people charged with making, protecting and enforcing the laws of the country are not doing such in good faith, then how can they demand that the very people that they are sworn to govern follow said laws and do it with just blind faith?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I don't see the FEDs backing down.

Perhaps IF there were MASSIVE demonstrations far and wide, they would . . . temporarily.

The FEDs/globalists loved WACO.

They are genocidal.

As in . . . terminally, horrifically genocidal.

twoday.net...

129."It's terrible to have to say this. World population must be stabilized and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day" Jacques-Yves Cousteau, oceanographer and humanist, The UNESCO Courier, Nov. 1991, page 13

130."The commitment of government to deal with the population issue is of course essential...There are many ways to make the death rate Increase." Robert McNamara, Secretary of Defense, New Solidarity, March 30, 1981

131.The First and Second World Wars were wars designed to kill millions were not successful enough hence the new methods outlined in the Global 2000 Report...The world is populated with too many redundant people who must not be allowed to procreate and consume scarce natural resources...The Committee of 300 (Illuminati) commissioned Cyrus Vance to write a paper on this subject of how to bring about such genocide. The paper was produced under the title 'Global 2000 Report' and was accepted and approved for action by former President James Earl Carter, and Edwin Muskie, then Secretary of States, for and on behalf of the US Government." Dr. John Coleman, former intelligence agent of British MI6, from his report, Global 2000: A Blueprint For Global Genocide, written in 1992 concerning the depopulation agenda of the Club of Rome

132."Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Henry Kissinger, quoted by Bob Woodward in The Final Days, 1976

133."The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissinger

134."The Brady Bill's only effect will be to desensitize the public to regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation." Charles Krauthammer, Washington Post, April 5, 1996

This situation will likely be a test case . . . to see how much tyranny the populace will tolerate how soon.

On that score, how many people demonstrate how much could be a deciding factor in how soon such tyranny engulfs the rest of the nation and planet.

The more massive and pervasive the demonstrations, perhaps the more delay in the encroaching tyranny.

Perhaps.

Only perhaps.

The globalist machine is not going away until the King of Kings totally destroys it at Armageddon.

The king of hell has deluded his human stooges into thinking that he will win at Armageddon . . . though he knows he will not.

This is the era when the verse about the righteous hiding themselves when the evil are in power . . . is a very apt truism.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
My buddy George Knapp (KLAS Channel 8 in Las Vegas) has been on top of this story since it started and just sent me this breaking news:

www.8newsnow.com...

Looks like the Sheriff may be coming in to clean up the Fed's mess, I sure hope so.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Springer
My buddy George Knapp (KLAS Channel 8 in Las Vegas) has been on top of this story since it started and just sent me this breaking news:

www.8newsnow.com...

Looks like the Sheriff may be coming in to clean up the Fed's mess, I sure hope so.

Thanks for that Springer.

The Sheriff should have been involved in this to begin with.

This should have NEVER escalated to the level it has and I believe the presence of the Clark County Sheriff would have sufficed while the contractors rounded up the cattle.

I believe that because it was a federal operation, and people are just fed up with the feds in general, and that the feds messy and disproportionate response to this case is what sparked such a large backlash to the point where militia are now showing up.

To me, as a soldier, the scariest thing is the level of military thought that went into this. Between the snipers and the ROZ they put up I simply can't believe that this is the kind of response they believed appropriate to the situation.

I hope the good sheriff succeeds in calming the situation.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The Sheriff has been involved all along. And I don't know that snipers were ever there or a ROZ (not sure what that is). As far as I can tell it started with cattle round up and then 'patriots' started showing up and began interfering with the roundup by blocking the trucks and at least one rammed an ATV into a truck hauling cattle.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

From what I can gather from different sources.. It seems that the issue is that the gov wants the land for some big bid projects.....

Except thats not what they are telling the general public, after all they cant let the people know the REAL reason is to make more revenue and further push their energy agenda.....

Just my two cents tho, if you look around you can find multiple sources on whose hands are in this virtual "honey pot"..

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No, the sheriff hasn't been.

Secondly the reports of snipers were confirm by several other eyewitnesses and at least one image is floating around the internet which was posted here.

Lastly a ROZ is a military term for Restricted Operating Zone. It's a combined no fly zone/no entry zone. Which is exactly what we are seeing there right now. There is NO reason for the no fly zone whatsoever. No aircraft are in danger of being shot down. No aircraft are flying high enough to justify the ceiling of the ROZ or the radius of it.

I find this to be just another example of a militarized response to a civilian issue. It should be condemned by all. Not made excuses for.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Wonderful news, Mark, Thanks.

I love being wrong about such stuff.

Yea. Am very glad things are not escalating as soon as it was looking like they were going to.

Congrats to that Sheriff.

Praise God for answer to a lot of prayers.

Congrats to George K's reporting.

THX THX

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Springer

www.8newsnow.com...

Is this going to cause more or less, um i struggle for a good word, hype?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Question for our soldier. When will our military forces stop what they're doing overseas and fight for American freedom again? They always pride themselves on fighting for our rights and freedom, well I can't think of a better time.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Visitor2012

Question for our soldier. When will our military forces stop what they're doing overseas and fight for American freedom again? They always pride themselves on fighting for our rights and freedom, well I can't think of a better time.

1 You don't want the military involved in this.

2 The military is apolitical and we should stay that way period.

3 The only time the military should get involved..or rather NOT involved, is if we're ordered to strike against the American people for ANY reason.

4 The ONLY time the military should operate domestically is if a FOREIGN power attacks US soil.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Heard the government is packing up and leaving.

Looks like the people won this round.
edit on 113030p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If true I agree. I'm just not sure how much is true. Who are the eyewitnesses? And a no-fly zone as I posted before does kind of make sense when the people on the ground may not be equipped with accurate information and fully believe the government is attacking this man.

So is it in fact a ROZ? Or is it a no-fly zone or traffic reduced/banned because the protesters are armed?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Kali74

If true I agree. I'm just not sure how much is true. Who are the eyewitnesses? And a no-fly zone as I posted before does kind of make sense when the people on the ground may not be equipped with accurate information and fully believe the government is attacking this man.

So is it in fact a ROZ? Or is it a no-fly zone or traffic reduced/banned because the protesters are armed?

It's a ROZ.

It is controlled airspace and controlled ground movement.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
Heard the government is packing up and leaving.

Looks like the people won this round.
edit on 113030p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

I sure hope they got the cattle they came for and are leaving.
That way i can go to bed tonight and not worry about my fellow Americans
shooting each other.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Which might make sense considering that some protesters are armed and demonstrating on a highway where people not involved drive. Snipers don't belong there, if they are in fact there. Protesters don't need to be thrown around or tazed either. LE should well be able to back protesters off to allow the trucks through to the highway without doing such.

All that said though I think there's a lot of hype about the presence or type of presence by LE. All the protesters are filming everything on their phones but no video of snipers?

And yes the Sheriff has been involved. From Springer's link:

Sheriff Gillespie has been negotiating with Bundy behind the scenes for months and may have reached a tentative agreement Friday night, though Bundy insisted the sheriff come to his ranch to finalize the arrangement face-to-face.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Those are Americans down there not terrorists.

The two seem to be easily interchangeable these days. The FEDs ignore the law...like the constitution for instance, at will...and follow it to the letter when it suits. The system is broken and corrupted beyond all hope.

Secondly, why are we making excuses for the continued heavy handed MILITARY response to this cattle rancher's home?

Because they have been conditioned since their first day of school to defer to the authority of the state. They are no better than the cattle that are being rounded up as we speak.

It was the BLM who showed up with snipers and it was the police in the area that started abusing protesters.

SOP in police state America. Snipers at sports events, illegal checkpoints, illegal searches, constitution frre zones within 100 miles of the borders, extra-judicial assasination of US citizens, warrantless monitoring of every communication we make (including your posts...BTW...could be seen as subversive by your minders FYI)...you only have the rights they allow you to have.

Now they are setting up a ROZ and cutting off cell service. Why?

That must be a rhetorical question...you know why. The American people are the enemy now.

Look how far your once great country has fallen.

edit on 12America/Chicagopm122014-04-12T12:51:06-05:00pmSaturday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

projectvxn

Visitor2012

1 You don't want the military involved in this.

2 The military is apolitical and we should stay that way period.

3 The only time the military should get involved..or rather NOT involved, is if we're ordered to strike against the American people for ANY reason.

4 The ONLY time the military should operate domestically is if a FOREIGN power attacks US soil.

So while the military is being used overseas for corporate/ political interest, and protecting other Country's citizens. Then I suppose the Americans at home, with their crumbling constitution, will have to fend for themselves.

If that's the case, Honestly, I never again want to hear a serviceman say 'we fight for your right to...' I didn't believe it before, And most certainly don't believe it now. It's sad too to see our military, which is so capable and valuable, be used for non-patriotic purposes, while they're homeland get's raped. They're own friends and families suffering under the treasonous acts of THEIR Government. Meanwhile they fight and die fighting other people's governments. Always operating on behalf of a lie. Most of them are aware of it, but haven't a clue what to do about it. If they even care. It's an absurd situation we're in.

edit on 12-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Right or wrong he had his day in court, and over 15 years to prepare to move his cattle elsewhere. seriously? so instead of being proactive and doing what any sane person would do he tries to get militia's involvement and protestors etc out there?

That's because this isn't about Bundy's plight. Militia members don't travel from so far as New Hampshire, Texas, and Florida, for simple cattle woes. This is about saying "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore."

This is about paying $1.1 million to the feds after they basically stripped this land from the state and county.

This is about the following images, and so much more!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join