It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Military View of the Bundy Ranch Situation: Why Everyone Should Be Worried

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by DJW001

Now they are setting up a ROZ and cutting off cell service. Why?

Might it be some sort of trail?

Like, treat this as a worst case scenario and see how it plays out? Seems like its just pissing everyone off. I imagine some of the cops don't even think its necessary. But hey, leadership calls are to be followed right?

Not sure how this really got this far, seems like just, a massive waste of time and money and people. Definitely something we are all missing, hence my trail thought.

Are there any drones buzzing around?

link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Being from Nevada I know for certain there are blind spots and areas where the reception is spotty.

But the reports I've been getting from folks in the area is that the nearby cell towers are being jammed or simply disabled.

+23 more 
link   
I find it very amusing that some members openly support protests in other countries but not within their own boarders. Confusing to say the least.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Listen to yourself for a minute.

You are saying that this man, on his own land, in his own home with wife and two or so kids, suddenly for no reason found themselves, on their own land, surrounded by an army of feds with snipers...

No one else there, and no justification..

So how did the protesters and militia show up in the first place again?
edit on 12-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The update says that reporters in the area are able to use their phones.

Sorry my source was here: link

I dont recognize the site so i cant confirm its authenticity, looks good though. If its a troll site, i apologize.
edit on b3535638 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Well since i am fairly certain they aren't calling in a fire mission or bombing the ranch then there must be some kind of aerial asset circling overhead.

Whether it's a drone or not don't know. But NV law enforcement and the BLM have access to them.

I find this whole fiasco excessive.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The government would probably like to confiscate all private property suitable for grazing. All those fees would amount to a tidy sum turtles or no. Besides cattle farts cause global warming. Cows are terrorists. This rancher is nothing more than an Imam of fart terrorists. The turtles are being gassed.

link   

sosobad
I find it very amusing that some members openly support protests in other countries but not within their own boarders. Confusing to say the least.

Lets support the right thing...

I'm not helping get a freeloader squatting rights. When the government is in the wrong, sure... but not to help get some guy squatters rights...

link   

Biigs

The update says that reporters in the area are able to use their phones.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Not suddenly.

This has been brewing for years.

Why the heavy tactics? I don't know, that surprises me, but to say its sudden is wrong.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by Biigs

Well since i am fairly certain they aren't calling in a fire mission or bombing the ranch then there must be some kind of aerial asset circling overhead.

Whether it's a drone or not don't know. But NV law enforcement and the BLM have access to them.

I find this whole fiasco excessive.

Its shock and awe cinema. And its expensive but never mind that. The investment is worth the while for the object lesion. Some of the two legged cattle getting out of hand.....why the whole heard might stampede.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Logarock
The government would probably like to confiscate all private property suitable for grazing. All those fees would amount to a tidy sum turtles or no. Besides cattle farts cause global warming. Cows are terrorists. This rancher is nothing more than an Imam of fart terrorists. The turtles are being gassed.

The problem is, that is the opposite of what is happening here. Bundy has been over-grazing on public, ie; our land. Even the Founding Fathers would be appalled by his disrespect for the Commons.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Well is it an exercise to test ability's of the governments many departments? (i didnt even know there WAS a BLM)

Or like you say, a show of force to send a message "we are the gov and we WILL DOMINATE ALL WHO CHALLENGE"?

Its certainly over the top for whatever reason.

I mean, how mad can anyone get at a man farming? illegally, legally whatever.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

sosobad

Lets support the right thing...

I'm not helping get a freeloader squatting rights. When the government is in the wrong, sure... but not to help get some guy squatters rights...

A freeloader squatting rights? Yeah ok....

Either you are clearly over inflating your argument or have no grasp of the issue or the history. Perhaps just overOpinionated.

edit on 12-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Well the whole thing seems pretty cut and dried to me.

It's been brewing for years because over 15 years ago this man lost his permit to graze on this land he had been grazing on - and instead of making the necessary arrangements to put his cattle elsewhere etc he stayed... and stayed... and stayed...

then he went to court...

then he lost in court... and he stayed... and stayed....

Then the cops were asked to get the cattle of the land... since this guy wont move his own cattle and he did in fact loose in court...

so the cops are trying to do their job... move these cattle which Bundy refuses to do....

Then Bundy gets mad... starts trying to get protesters and militia out there... and the cops react... perhaps the reaction was an overreaction...

but they react to people starting to show up enmass and armed... it seems fairly simple...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Let's not start making comparisons to the Taliban shall we? Those are Americans down there not terrorists.

Are you saying Americans are incapable of terrorism?

Secondly the militia members that are showing up did not show up with shoulder fired rockets, grenades, or machine guns.

Were you there to monitor their arrival? In any event, the authorities have no way of how large a weapons cache Bundy has acquired over the years.

All I have seen so far are handguns and rifles.

Maybe they are saving the good stuff for later.

Secondly, why are we making excuses for the continued heavy handed MILITARY response to this cattle rancher's home?

It was the BLM who showed up with snipers and it was the police in the area that started abusing protesters.

Now they are setting up a ROZ and cutting off cell service. Why? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

As I have explained, the law enforcement personnel cannot afford to underestimate the resistance they are facing. It could cost lives.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well I guess that justifies paramilitary action against him and his home then right?

I'm not arguing that he is legally wrong here.

I am saying to you, right now, that as a soldier-what I see going on here scares the crap out of me. It should NOT be happening like this and has the potential for bloodshed on both sides.

It is on these grounds alone that I stand with this group of protesters. This is an overreach and an ABUSE of power by the Federal government in terms of its response to this. If they had shown up with the sheriff and said.."We're here to start rounding up cattle oh and here's a big ass fine for the trouble" I would have been fine, because THAT would have been an appropriate response to this.

Snipers on overwatch is NOT. Putting up a ROZ is NOT. Roughing up protesters right or wrong is NOT.

Like I said, it even got to Gov. Brian Sandoval who views this whole fiasco as intimidation by the Federal government.

Right or wrong on the issue the rancher is NOT a hardened criminal. He is NOT a terrorist. He is a rancher whose family has been using that land for generations. While he may have lost the court battle and is now legally in the wrong, to say his particular protest is illegitimate, and that the BLM's response is, is absolutely and astoundingly obtuse.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

DJW001

Let's not start making comparisons to the Taliban shall we? Those are Americans down there not terrorists.

Are you saying Americans are incapable of terrorism?

Terrorists want to destroy a country, not protect its own and its people.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

was it government land, yes... did he at one point have a permit to graze on that land, yes...

did his permit get revoked.... (for any reason doesn't matter if you LIKE that reason)? Yes...

I raised cattle... what we do in these parts is PURCHASE land for our cattle.... and make certain to purchase enough land for our stock... if we overgrow our herd and find ourselves needing more land... we look to purchase more land close-by and keep our herd smaller until we can make said purchase.

I would not dream of purchasing cattle and taking them to the nearest national park to raise them...I simply wouldn't expect that to go over so well... this is government land he is on... land the government purchased and never put up for sale to the public...

you can argue this point all day long... how the government was wrong etc etc... but the man went to court and lost... and its been 15 years since he lost his permit to graze there!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

DJW001

Logarock

The problem is, that is the opposite of what is happening here. Bundy has been over-grazing on public, ie; our land. Even the Founding Fathers would be appalled by his disrespect for the Commons.

Hear, hear. Freekin cattle barons feeding mightily at public expense. All the local cattle guys are probably up at Grafton's planning their next move again the free rangers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join