It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Military View of the Bundy Ranch Situation: Why Everyone Should Be Worried

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by OpinionatedB

1. The BLM showed up with snipers. No justification for that at all.

2. Mr. Bundy didn't call in any militias. They started showing up AFTER the police and BLM officials started roughing people up and corralling them in the "free speech zone".

3. You do NOT set up a ROZ and cut off comms like this.

The is no justification at all for the government to escalate this issue to this point. NONE.

So what you think because Mr. Bundy is wrong that the government should just go in there and start shooting? They showed up with guns first man. Not the other way around.

Since he lost the court case, his cattle is now deemed true and proper terrorists, and as we all know the US don't speak kindly to those kind of peo... sorry, cattle, around here.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

AlphaHawk

Not suddenly.

This has been brewing for years.

Why the heavy tactics? I don't know, that surprises me, but to say its sudden is wrong.

It's a great opportunity for the mili... sorry, the police (can never seem to tell those two apart nowadays) to get some real-life exercise and training.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Well the whole thing seems pretty cut and dried to me.

It's been brewing for years because over 15 years ago this man lost his permit to graze on this land he had been grazing on - and instead of making the necessary arrangements to put his cattle elsewhere etc he stayed... and stayed... and stayed...

So... this Bundy guy (I suppose it's not Al Bundy) owns his own land and his own cattle in a rural area, but his cattle is still not allowed to graze on his very own land without a permit? In a rural area? Insanity.

But I suppose it would all be fine and dandy had he entered into an agreement with Monsanto and had his cattle feed on Monsanto-licensed and bred grass.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by projectvxn

As I have explained, the law enforcement personnel cannot afford to underestimate the resistance they are facing. It could cost lives.

Then why are they there in the first place?

Let me guess, you work for the police (state)?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by DJW001

Well I guess that justifies paramilitary action against him and his home then right?

I'm not arguing that he is legally wrong here.

I am saying to you, right now, that as a soldier-what I see going on here scares the crap out of me. It should NOT be happening like this and has the potential for bloodshed on both sides.

Right. It's just all about proportionality. This massive operation (to use one of those military terms again) is just totally out of proportion.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Biigs

Dont you think that a grazing fee by itself is a little bit insane?

Grass grows back as far as i understand, of course im no farmer or farming expert on such matters.

Your reasoning is fine, but that's not the point. By failing to pay said fees (to use the land that his family apparently had donated to the state in exchange for perpetual grazing rights), he was effectively conducting tax evasion. And as we all know, tax evasion is the worst crime of them all in the minds of the Government.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

projectvxn

nugget1

DJW001

So long as Americans have Second Amendment rights, law enforcement officers will need to assume that they are in a potential firefight and make tactical decisions based on the likelihood of armed conflict. Do you have a problem with either part of the equation?

Second Amendment 'Rights' are a joke when compared to the capabilities the government has, and WILL USE on ANY American that thinks he has the right to exercise the Second Amendment.

This is the second thread you have made that comment.

And this will be the second thread I will tell you this:

They need soldiers to do it. And while I am sure they can get some. They can't get all.

It wouldn't be as black and white as you think it is. Most of us in the military have families and friends we care about. We're not about to run our nation into a free fire zone. Never mind the logistical nightmare of holding the continental United States.
edit on pSat, 12 Apr 2014 06:06:48 -0500201412America/Chicago2014-04-12T06:06:48-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

I can imagine a day when our military is stretched so thin, that to police the widespread "whatever" that is happening here, that they will bring in foreign troops. Maybe NATO type troops.

I can kind of see it happening, we go over there and take care of their citizens and they come over here and take care of us...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

you should just
go back to sleep.

The Bundy use and improvements
of this land dates back to pre 1900.

decades before BLM.

judges can be bribed as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The American people spoke and the Federal Chickens ran. Every ABC agency this Fed has is nothing in the face of a unified pissed off Population of Americans who have had it with their BS!!

Bundy's family gave Nevada that land (So the state could use the water under it) in return for free grazing and watering of their cattle so the Fed can shove it. Nevada knows it and the fed admitted it 30 years ago until they decided to steal it.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

sosobad
I find it very amusing that some members openly support protests in other countries but not within their own boarders. Confusing to say the least.

Lets support the right thing...

I'm not helping get a freeloader squatting rights. When the government is in the wrong, sure... but not to help get some guy squatters rights...

Do you just ignore the history of the land? The family owned it before New Mexico was a state in the United states.
Also, It's pretty hard to win a case against the Federal Gov when in Federal Court.
It reminds me of all the times the police do something wrong, more often than not heads do roll just not the police's.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You are spot on great post!

We seen the same thing happen during Operation Wall Street in its last days. Mind you we did not have militias and armed protesters that time around. Then NYPD executed its push on the camping protesters flushing them out of central park with brutal force . We feared a armed open carry on DC last year would spark an exchange of gunnfire thankfully that was canceled . Yes this thing has all the components to a very bloody confrontation and not to the benefit of the protesters. The thing is if the feds and state police cant handle the militas they will call in the national guard and use all its resources to execute on its targets. The feds have the tactical advantage. The news ive heard of the feds packing up and leaving sounds like propaganda to me . This does not look good. They can and will terminate with extreme prejudice. They cant afford to back down from the militia that would inspire people to join the cause. Its either that they are regrouping or a bluff, its a trap.
edit on 13-4-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Patriotsrevenge

The American people spoke and the Federal Chickens ran. Every ABC agency this Fed has is nothing in the face of a unified pissed off Population of Americans who have had it with their BS!!

Bundy's family gave Nevada that land (So the state could use the water under it) in return for free grazing and watering of their cattle so the Fed can shove it. Nevada knows it and the fed admitted it 30 years ago until they decided to steal it.

I hope you are right but when you look a history this could be the calm before the storm.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thank you for your knowledgeable post regarding the militarization of the American police state. It looks like they are taking cues from real insurgent military operations in the Middle-East and applying them to civilian situations on American soil. Your knowledge of procedure is useful to show that there is, indeed, a link between the two.

To me, this is an argument for the idea that armed drones could soon be used in situations like this as well. Somehow, I am not really sure how come, I don't see much success in opposing this kind of operation.

Thank you once again, it is good to know the situation sir.
edit on 14amMon, 14 Apr 2014 00:47:41 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Yea.....

I'm not entire sure who the guy in the camo jacket posing as a 'former mil'...in the video is.. but..

He's full of BS ~!!! Especially saying their are SNIPERS out there..!!!!!

THINK ABOUT THAT PLZ!!

LadySkadi

5:21 in this video he talks about an undeclared state of martial law and sniper perches...

edit on 12-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

and not one person gives a # about truth or right or wrong,

some
of
us
still
DO

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Hmmmmmmm
reply to post by NavyDoc

They want more than just a little scrub brush.

www.youtube.com...=226

Yes...

but, it's not about the land either..

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
No she's most certainly RIGHT~!!

Think about what she's saying big guy or move along with the rest of the sheeple..

~Cheers!

sosobad

You cried because people went against the government? Really? Put aside what is right or wrong, you get emotional because of a stand that people make against what they believe is corruption? Really shows where your loyalties lay.
edit on 13-4-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

projectvxn

nugget1

DJW001

So long as Americans have Second Amendment rights, law enforcement officers will need to assume that they are in a potential firefight and make tactical decisions based on the likelihood of armed conflict. Do you have a problem with either part of the equation?

Second Amendment 'Rights' are a joke when compared to the capabilities the government has, and WILL USE on ANY American that thinks he has the right to exercise the Second Amendment.

This is the second thread you have made that comment.

And this will be the second thread I will tell you this:

They need soldiers to do it. And while I am sure they can get some. They can't get all.

It wouldn't be as black and white as you think it is. Most of us in the military have families and friends we care about. We're not about to run our nation into a free fire zone. Never mind the logistical nightmare of holding the continental United States.
edit on pSat, 12 Apr 2014 06:06:48 -0500201412America/Chicago2014-04-12T06:06:48-05:0030vx4 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

I think they have enough idiots to do serious damage, especially since most of the real military is out there with you and other places around the world. This is one of the reasons for that. This is why many of us old ex-military and militia are brushing up on our tactics. The signs are everywhere that Uncle Sam is a traitor and coming for us soon.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by moniker

Because Bundy is breaking the law. Period.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by moniker

Because Bundy is breaking the law. Period.

Yeah but anyone who actually looks at this case and is saying the police are correct
are leading themselves down a VERY VERY slippery slope.

Federal gov wants them out, takes them to Federal court , When Courts ignore facts
this is what happens. I understand he has been given PLENTY of warning
still does not make it right.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join