It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant download tube vids with Flash Video Downloader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I use Flash Video Downloader. Been a good program, it gives you a range video types and file sizes to download. All of a sudden any music video downloaded off you tube and other sites has zero file size, its empty.

The list of types of video to download would normally say how big the file size is. Now it just says NA and if you download it has zero file size.

Is this a change in Youtube policy or is it a problem with the program? Is anyone else having this problem.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

Sorry about this double post. I didn't think it went as I got a 404 when I posted it.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I think officially you arnt allowed to DL you tube however since it streams to your PC there are always ways.

I personally never did, some friends told me that a problem simply called "you tube downloader" works, but i dont know if that is based on the same principals as the one your using. therefore may also no longer work.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

That's pirating and not something you can discuss on ATS, especially since it's illegal.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

That's pirating and not something you can discuss on ATS, especially since it's illegal.

except its not pirating as its on youtube which is NOT a pay per view site, all videos on youtube are free and in the public domain, simply to watch a video on youtube youtube must first download it to your pc, thats the only way it can play, these programs simply allow you to keep said download as a solid file to retain, rather then a temporary file in the browser which deletes itself.

pirating would be puting copyrighten material onto youtube without permission from the copyright holder, which then the fault lies in either the uploader or youtube for allowing its hosting, thus the issues is with them, NOT the one who views it/downloads it from youtube.

and to the op, try YouTube Downloader, ive used it for 5 years now, works great, totally free.

Biigs
I think officially you arnt allowed to DL you tube

if there is any 'rule' against downloading off of youtube then it would be no more then a policy of youtube's own site, which is hardly applicable in the realm of law. also, terms and conditions only apply when you agree to them, youtube only asks you to agree to their policy if you become a member, YouTube Downloader functions without being a member of youtube, sure it would certainly appear youtube doesnt want you to be able to download from their site as indicated by their lack of a "download this video" button as many other video hosting sites have, but that is only a preference they choose to maintain, has no bearing on legalities, they just want to have full control over their own content and viewers to make sure they maintain higher web traffic, as well as full control over video content, its the only way they can try to minimize accessibility to the content that occasionally gets uploaded which they dont want on their site and subsequently remove.

actually the very reason i acquired and make use of youtube downloader, is to try and take back at least a bit of control over the video content i have accessible to me,

there are and have been in past occasions where a video is put onto youtube that is controversial in the political field, which ends up being censored/removed from youtube, as part of my rights to free speech and freedom of press i exercise that by downloading said videos so i continue to have access to such content.

edit on 4/12/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I use Freemake Video Downloader to download video from YouTube & other sites. When it suddenly stops being able to download from a site where it used to work, I check for a new version of the program. If there is one, I get it and replace the older version, which almost always fixes the download problem. Maybe your downloader needs an update to a newer version.

BTW, if you or anyone else decides to try the Freemake one, watch for options to install other unnecessary stuff during installation, & uncheck them if you don't want them.

(post by Mudlanali removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join