It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

To slingeth the mud where mud mudst be slungeth...

page: 1

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:56 PM
Why is it, that we sling mud at each other where partisan politics are involved? We are slinging mud in the wrong direction, methinks. We should all collectively be slinging mud at the TPTB... politicians, bankers, media moguls...

Face it... both parties have been bought and paid for by the banks and corporations. The only reason that our elections are so hotly contested, is because the winning party stands to profit more at our expense than the other. We have seen this administration after administration... (Halliburton, Enron, Solyndra etc. etc. etc.)

The “Great Bank Bailout” is a perfect example... the banks have been robbing the American people for the last 101 years. When they actually screwed that up, the government sent them even more of our money to fix the problem. How were the American people rewarded? Foreclosures, robot-signed documents, illegal property seizures and so on... when the banks are found culpable for their actions in court, the people end up with what amounts to a check for $1.09... after the class action suit is settled and the lawyers take their cut.

Republican and Democrat are both essentially different labels for the same product. Neither party gives a rat's ass about the American people... they are in this for themselves. This is the truth; the track records speak for themselves.

They are master manipulators, I will give them that. They have two wonderful P.R. firms called Hollywood, and Mainstream Media at their beck and call... It's all propaganda, and we have been forced to drink the Kool-Aid for a long damned time.

The government, through the media, has kept this nation divided along so many lines, that we hardly know why we are angry, or who we should be angry at. Just look at the labels: White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Homosexual, Transgender, Homophobe, Moralist, Constitutionalist, Progressive, Liberal, Conservative etc. etc. etc... all labels meant to be divisive. Should it have mattered that Trayvon Martin was black, and George Zimmerman was not? The media and justice department sure made an issue out of it... and most of us followed suit. We bicker and argue about crap that doesn't even directly impact our lives... why? We have been conditioned to do so. Admit it. I have.

The first step is to admit that you have a problem... I was a Republican... now I am an Independent... I admitted that I had a problem, and it is a medical condition: Ariesmanesia- A sense of mental disconnection due to mass-mania and government disinformation that leads to social hysteria and cerebral dysfunction; from Aries the Ram ie. “as sheep to the slaughter”.

Take this latest move by the government against a rancher in Nevada... they swoop in with helicopters, and snipers because of an endangered turtle on Federal land? Or, rather, is it because Harry Reid wants the land for a solar power venture with a Chinese corporation? (a nod to another thread) :ATS thread Which do you think warrants an armed response... a turtle, or a Senator's checkbook? You do the math... even more the MSM will barely even touch the story. Heaven forbid that the government gets a black eye because of a real and relevant news story. Instead we get the continuing coverage of blah blah blah....

We are the brainwashed sheeple... but Ariesmanesia is a curable disorder, and the cure is free. Have an open mind, and realize that it is all propaganda. That's it. No needles or anything physically painful. The real pain is emotional; it's a sadness you feel when you realize that you have been screwed over... but, it gets better... I promise

We have to keep in mind that, TPTB also have a medical condition... it's called affluenza: the general feeling of apathy toward one's fellow man as a result of excess money, power and greed.

There is a cure for that as well... it's called poverty. They can be cured; we just have to be the ones to help them swallow the medicine
It is in their best interest, after all. Isn't how this whole mess has been sold to us? “In our best interest?”

I have been labeling the parties as “stupid in stereo”, but I think we can amend that and call them Stupid in 5.1 Surround... The 5 are the Executive Branch, the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court and the Federal Reserve... the 1 is the droning bass of the MSM, thumping away with the message they want to present. This message has become so ingrained into our conscious and subconscious minds, that they have us picking sides in an imaginary fight.

The real fight is We the People vs. TPTB...

Instead of slinging mud at each others, let's try this... respond to this OP by posting your favorite (sarcasm intended) public figure's pic (politician, banker, MSM mouthpiece), along with a bio that explains why we should be slinging mud at them... the challenge is to keep this party neutral; explain their corporate ties and how they legislated to their own financial gain... or how the media sold it to us, and their connections as well. Out them for their actions... not their politics.

Can we try this experiment, and be civil to each other? Can we tear down party ties to truly begin exposing corruption? I think if we can do that, maybe we can start to take things back... and begin to set things right.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:03 PM
This might sound bad ..but i think the time for slinging "mud" has come to pass, same With idea of handling anything diplomatically it seems..

The hell with slinging mud we need to sling a revolution!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
reply to post by madmac5150

There is a cure for that as well... it's called poverty. They can be cured; we just have to be the ones to help them swallow the medicine

There is a cure for TPTB but it isn't impoverishing them. I have an opinion on just what it is but can't say it here due to the T&C's. Suffice it to say that it involves the 2nd amendment, tar and feathers, lots of rope and some pastor's to speak afterwards.

They will never stop as long as there is one innocent person left to exploit.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
Here's the thing, not everyone thinks the same.

Some people think that abortion should be outlawed while others believe it should remain legal.

Some people think that everyone should have a gun, others believe that there should be some restrictions.

Some people believe that there is a god, others believe there isn't.

Some people believe that same sex marriage is amoral, others believe it's just fine.

Some people believe that we should tax the rich more, others believe that would hurt the economy.

We all don't think the same. That's why there is mudslinging.

Whether or not the politicians in Washington are just playing a game doesn't negate that fact.

If we get rid of the two party system, there still will be liberals, there still will be conservatives. We don't all think the same.

Every single person falls somewhere along the political spectrum. Some are more liberal than conservative, some are more conservative than liberal. They aren't wrong for doing that and even if we got rid of the two party system, these divides would still be there.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
reply to post by HauntWok

And we all get screwed over equally... the "issues" are what the MSM want the issues to be...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:47 PM

These and other things are actual issues. And we can't simply ignore them and assume that everyone thinks the same way on them. We as a society have to be able to address these problems and discuss them. While each of us may have different opinions, it doesn't mean that they aren't valid. I may not agree with your opinion, and I might argue against it. But you may come up with a rational argument that sways my line of thought or vice versa.

This is the heart of mudslinging. While it's dirty, messy and usually ends up pissing everyone off. In the end, everyone comes away a little better off. Even if nothing gets accomplished.

The MSM may bring up these issues, but they didn't invent them. They are invented on the street by joe blow and susie sixpack. And while it's sometimes polarizing and yes the media does try and stir the pot on these issues. These are real issues none the less.

Take gay marriage. Now I don't know where you stand on the subject, but my perspective is that If a homosexual couple wants to get married, who am I to stand in their way? To me this isn't a problem. But, if you happen to be christian or otherwise your personal moral code tells you that homosexual marriage is wrong, then you might want to prohibit homosexuals from getting married. You might even try and get our representative democracy to pass a law expressly forbidding homosexual marriage.

Now, my perspective is to argue against that, and explain why I think the person that is against homosexual marriage is wrong, and shouldn't be trying to get in the way of people who love each other to exchange vows. Likewise the person against it may tell me their reasons why they don't think it should be allowed. Then I retort, they respond, back and forth. Eventually I tell them they are a homophobic plebian. And they call me names which would make a sailor blush. I respond with more mud. And fun for all ensues.

In the meantime, someone who might be on the fence on that particular issue listens in to the conversation. Listening to both arguments. And makes up their mind one way or another.

The same thing with any other issue. If we don't discuss it. Then no one learns anything. Might as well shut down sites like this.

Yes, sometimes discussions get heated. It's a good thing. Sometimes mud get's thrown.

Whether or not politicians are just in it for the money is besides the point. We the people make up this nation. And these are OUR issues because it's OUR country.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:08 AM

I don't mind they that slingeth thine mud so much as they
that slingeth the damn poo.

ATS line of hair care products might include DAMN POO SHAMPOO.

Not just for the political forum.

edit on Ram41214v11201400000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 06:00 AM

Yes, really America could be drastically improved just with the addition of a liberal-libertarian party. It's conservative government/regulatory policies and more liberal economic policies. This could reign over the other two powers superbly because it's superior to both, it's taking the best of both parties and leaving out the bad parts.

new topics

top topics