It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the 10 kings that rule for 1 hour with the beast?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stok3th3fir3

Being in a cult would imply that I go to a church, I do not, but you do, don't you.
You don't necessarily have to go to church to be in a cult.
You can subscribe to cult beliefs, however you learn them.
For example watching YouTube videos or listening to a particular pastor on the radio.
I belong to a church congregation that is the denomination that my family belongs to and I was born into.
I was influenced by that experience when I was younger, and by reading books published by them.
I don't go to church now to get doctrinal inspiration but just to have some Christian fellowship.
I do my own study of the Bible to get my opinions, and that includes books that are about the Bible.
I go way out of my way to avoid reading books that are pushing a specific belief system, and do not read ones where the writer is leaning towards a denominational view.
I check one view against another to spot what might be an underlying organized movement which would invalidate it for me.

edit on 17-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stok3th3fir3
a reply to: jmdewey60

Being in a cult would imply that I go to a church, I do not, but you do, don't you. Biblical commentaries are your cult and your indoctrination. So here you are telling me, not to lean on mans understanding, but to lean on mans understanding? That is purely ridiculous. The Talmud is what the rabbinical priests cling to and the jews still hold there law above the TORAH even today. YAHUSHUA upheld TORAH and refuted the Talmud. Actually look at what the jews uphold, it is not the TORAH even today. They placed their Talmud above YAHUWAHs instruction which is TORAH. Is a bible commentary not "human understanding" as you put it? Of course it is. YAHUSHUA was correct when he told them they did not know YAHUWAH, it's much like how the catholic church does not know YAHUWAH, they place their laws above the BIBLE, don't they? The pharisees were doing the same thing. It's called the talmud. Please research it.

You know, in all my life I have never read a commentary. I wanted to know what the Bible itself is saying and to understand it, I asked my Father to reveal it. Commentaries are always written by particular denominational viewpoints. Even Augustine wrote commentaries and his commentaries led to persecution and genocide. Martin Luther "Oh great reformer" also pushed for persecution and genocide and these "Commentaries" by men led to more than 2,000 years of war and genocide in the name of Christianity, and that's the greatest shame of all. And what is more tragic is that people read the commentaries by these men and believe it and the whole cycle starts over again.

I am a Christian, but when I read things like this and know that people were persecuted, it gives no excuse for Christians to uphold these men in their anti-Semitic rants, and by doing so makes the person just as accountable for hatred and persecution.

If the angels proclaimed "peace on earth, good will toward men" people like Augustine and early Bible commentators who "founded" the Christian faith come along and say it was only meant for Christians to have peace and good will. Wrong, according to Jesus who said "love your enemies and pray for those who dispitefuly use you", that didn't mean to go out and make enemies so you would be justified in killing them for not receiving the Gospel.

Then these same "Christians" believe they aren't going to face judgment, but the simple truth is "You reap what you sow" and any "Christian" that holds to any belief that allows for persecution of any people, you reap what you sow. If you sow to destruction you will reap the whirlwind.

This strange being that jmDewey follows, I don't know this being. I do know my Lord and Savior and know that He has called many, but few are chosen because those who were called didn't want to believe it was Him, and that includes so-called "Christians" who are in name only and not by the Spirit. My spirit does not bear witness with jmDewey and I have the right to reject his witness. And I have the right to say that whatever this is he is preaching is not Christianity. It's a strange being that speaks Greek and doesn't have Jewish identity as the Bible is clear about.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

You are a sheep, waiting for your Sheppard to tell you what to do, you have sworn an oath to inaction and nonthought, if no Shepard comes, the world will remain as it is, and the Christians will remain as they are, in a happy place in their heads knowing they are going to heaven, because they did such a good job.
You have a pessimistic view that I don't share.
There are some people like that, I am sure but I don't think it represents the majority of Christians.
You may get the impression that they do because of the ones who believe that one of the parts of going to heaven is to recruit others into that syndrome you describe, by reinforcement from their cult community to perpetuate itself through a constant stream of new members to fill the ranks of those willing to give up on the earth.

edit on 17-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

It's a strange being that speaks Greek and doesn't have Jewish identity as the Bible is clear about.
I'm not afraid to say this person's name, Jesus.
I think you should worry about yourself if you think that the New Testament is a pagan document.
One that says there is no longer Jew or gentile.
Where one of its writers, Paul, said that he was by the Law blameless, a Jew of the tribe of Benjamin, but gave it all up for naught to strive for the righteousness of Jesus.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This has to do with the League Of Nations and Then the United Nations

Revelation 13: 14&15

It misleads those who dwell on the earth, because of the signs that it was permitted to perform in the sight of the wild beast, while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived. 15 And it was permitted to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast.

Then Revelation 17: 11-13

And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also an eighth king, but it springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction.
12 “The ten horns that you saw mean ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings for one hour with the wild beast. 13 These have one thought, so they give their power and authority to the wild beast.

So the League of Nations received it's sword stroke with the outbreak of WW2, it revived as the United Nations after WW2. And this is very interesting from an early link another poster used.

According to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, The Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) – as the targets are known – are among the seven “strategic opportunities” to be realized not over decades but within the next twelve months. [Note the map on page 57 of the report (PDF), which divides the world into 10 "Regional Groupings" as compared to the seven continents of the world.]

Agenda 21 established in the early nineties, interestingly add 40 years(1 hour) takes us into the 2030's.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

The Septuagint often translates the word, עֵת , in the Hebrew, meaning season, with the Greek word, ὥρα , which is here in this verse translated into the English as, hour.
I should note here that the English word, hour, comes from the Greek, more directly from the Old French, that got it from Latin, which got it from the Greek, that got it from the ancient Indo-European.
So, for those not familiar with the Greek alphabet, what is quoted here from the text of Revelation is pronounced the same as the Spanish word for hour, which is hora.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join