It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: France lying for Arafat!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
UPdate:

TROUBLE IN THE HOLY LAND
Israel: France lying for Arafat
Demands amendment to Yasser's death certificate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 29, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern
Israel is demanding French officials immediately change the birthplace listed on the late PLO leader Yasser Arafat's death certificate from Jerusalem to Cairo, an Israeli diplomat in Paris said yesterday.

"We expect the truth to be revealed, especially in light of the fact that the formal document was published by a Western country," said the official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

According to the Israeli diplomat, letters were sent to the French state prosecutor's office, to interior minister Dominique de Villepin and to the local municipality of Clamart where the military hospital in which Arafat treated is located, all demanding Arafat's death certificate be amended to accurately reflect what they say is his real birthplace � Cairo, Egypt.

Demands amendment to Yasser's death certificate

Now I am not sure that I understand the logic in this move except to present Arafat in a false good light? Why would France be a party to this blatant lie? Nevermind....I think I know.

France: Arafat was born in Jerusalem

Israel's ambassador to France has criticized the French government for issuing a death certificate for deceased Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat stating his place of birth as Jerusalem.

"I cannot understand how the French government agreed to issue a death certificate based on false information," ambassador Nissim Zvili told a press conference in Montpellier, AFP reported.

Municipal officials at Clamart, the suburb of Paris where Arafat died on November 11, said they issued the document on the basis of a family record book itself issued by the French foreign ministry in 1996.

France falsifies Arafat death certificate

[edit on 29-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well, I guess it really goes without saying that the French are anything but honest in their dealings with the world and that they are in league with hostile Arab states, including the erstwhile Saddam regime. I don't think that should come as a surprise to anyone.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Well, I guess it really goes without saying that the French are anything but honest in their dealings with the world and that they are in league with hostile Arab states, including the erstwhile Saddam regime. I don't think that should come as a surprise to anyone.

Edited- France has been hostile with the United States on a number of policies, now it seems they are not making friends with other members of the world. Putting out that arafat was from anywhere besides palestine can only irritate palestine and its people. It is possible that france has similiar arms treaties with other middle east countries as it did with iraq and could profit from middle east war. Anyway you look at it France was foolish for publishing this information and should be more careful in the information it publishs.

[edit on 27-11-2004 by ItWasntMe]

[edit on 27-11-2004 by ItWasntMe]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Aw C'Mon. He is a dead freak'in 72 year old terrorist! Just like the Irgun of Old. Let them die fast as possible and allow us to search for reason in a world where there does not seem to be any. You Bi-Polar Freaks. Give it a rest.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
the French are anything but honest in their dealings with the world and that they are in league with hostile Arab states, including the erstwhile Saddam regime.

This goes to show all of that? Thats pretty impressive, I'd like to know more about this. Here was me thinking France was just being vilified for speaking out against the War in Iraq.

Freedom Fries anyone?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
quote: Originally posted by Nygdan
quote: Originally posted by Polar Bear
p.s. nygan you certainly are a work of art

Stellar and stunning rebuttal. You've convinced me.

What exactly was the problem eh? You didn't know what the heck was going on, except that they were firing into a crowd. I merely said that that video doesn't make it clear what they are or what they are there for.

real.xobix.ch...:07:40.417&end=00:13:10.167

Your absolutely correct, in the beginning it was an inquiry as to what was going on and why our soldier was being held to account for one dead suspected terrorist. And these military men were not accountable. That was and is my inquiry
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Reading that article it seems no-one is truley sure where he was born, only that some biographers "agree" on Cairo. No big deal in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Does the sky fall in or something if it turns out Arafat wasn't born in Jerusalem anyway?

Can anyone prove he was or was born elsewhere......

.....or is it just some Israeli sh@t-stirring and taking a cheap pop at the French knowing it'll be lapped up by the 'usual suspects'?

What a bore.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wouldn't his place of birth be on his "Birth Certificate"?

Surely there must be some sort of records kept on things like this. Because Arafat died in France the French had to issue a death certificate. If the official version of his life history is that he was born in Jerusalem, what else were they going to put on the document?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

This goes to show all of that? Thats pretty impressive, I'd like to know more about this. Here was me thinking France was just being vilified for speaking out against the War in Iraq.

Freedom Fries anyone?

Kind of off topic, but when Bush and his fellow neo-cons fly to France for business, do they say, "I'm flying to Freedom for business."?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Well if he was born in Cairo and the French join in the delusion of him being born in Jerusalem, then it is a lie and should be pointed out.

Of what consequence is it? Well Arafat liked to think of himself as a freedom fighter not a POS terrorists that he was. He by birth was not a Palestinian, where as with the French endorsement, his legacy can always claim that he was.

It is a symbolic reason that this was done and the French joined it.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The historical reality is that Palestinians (as commonly thought of today) were never any kind of separate ethnic group particularly distinct from say, Lebanese, Jordanians (see below), Syrians and Egyptians.

Egypt and Syria of course were historical countries/at least independent areas.

History: After the defeat of the Ottoman empire in WW1 which had ruled almost all of that area for hundreds of years, many of the various borders were created by the West on ethnic and politically influenced lines. Examples of clearly artificially created states included Iraq, Kuwait, Jordan. Egypt and Syria were made again as modern states but with more historical backing, as was Lebanon.

France had a "mandate" in the Lebanon/Syria area, which is now why it's partially French speaking. The UK had a mandate in what was then called "Palestine", the modern borders of which include Jordan, Israel, and West Bank + Gaza. The British then divided their Palestinian mandate into two portions, "Transjordan" (now territory of Kingdom of Jordan) and a truncated Palestine. The difference being only that Jews were forbidden from Transjordan.

A few years later swasticas became fashionable in certain central European parts. A very powerful and radical "mufti" of Cairo (think big religious leader) joined up with the Nazis because he thought their idea of Jewish extermination was really swell. The Wehrmacht had a foothold in North Africa. He had a nephew of some renown, who after he changed his name, was known to the world as Yasser Arafat.

The whole point is that the much of the Palestinian national movement is based on this concept that there is a mythical Palestinean separate nationality and group who were there "originally" before the big bad Jews came, and hence the Jews deserve to be expelled or exterminated.
Hence Arafat lied about his place of birth as propaganda to cover up the truth, that in fact there is no difference between Arabs who aren't Palestinean and those that are. In that measure, then the fact that the Arabs got Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Jordan makes the extermination of Israel less justifiable than whatever sliver of justification it had before.

Before the creation of Israel, of course, Jews living in the british mandate area referred to themselves as Palestinian.
After the Ottoman defeat, there was both Jewish and Arab immigration to the area on account of its rapidly improving ecnomic status, rising from hundreds of years of degredation under Ottoman rule.

In truth, the creation of the Palestinean state today (which I support) is exactly parallel to the Zionist movement to create a modern state of Israel. And the Arabs today can't stand to admit that.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The whole reason for falsifying Arafat's place of birth was to insult the Israelis and to lend creedance to the lie that Arafat was Palestinian and that he should be buried in Jerusalem. It was a stupid cheap shot at the Israelis.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Did they ever release what he really died from?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So the real answer is that (as the history of "birth certificates" in the ME generally and amongst Palestinians in particular isn't quite as they are the 'west') he might well have been born in Jerusalem, but we don't actually know either way and we are reliant on conflicting claims.

It is equally true therefore that it might well be the Israelis making the stupid cheap shot, right?

.....cos it's not like they are above that sort of thing, is it?

[edit on 27-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
The historical reality is that Palestinians (as commonly thought of today) were never any kind of separate ethnic group particularly distinct from say, Lebanese, Jordanians (see below), Syrians and Egyptians.

In truth, the creation of the Palestinean state today (which I support) is exactly parallel to the Zionist movement to create a modern state of Israel. And the Arabs today can't stand to admit that.

What a great and informative post! Yassar and Nazi's are of the same mentality. again Great Post!

[edit on 27-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What a #ty thread. So Arafat declared his birthplace to be Jerusalem ? And this bothers an Israeli ambassador ? And EdSinger, Champion of America, then feels it to be his patriotic duty to post this BS? This is even worse than my Nick Nolte thread.

www.newsobserver.com...

[edit on 27-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
What a #ty thread. So Arafat declared his birthplace to be Jerusalem ? And this bothers an Israeli ambassador ? And EdSinger, Champion of America, then feels it to be his patriotic duty to post this BS?

Ah but those who fail to recognizes the symbolism of this news are the ones in denial. I know you think Arafat is a patriot, but alas he is a murderer and a thief. He deserves nothing special, especially a lie that would make him something special.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How is being born in Jerusalem 'something special' ? Are you a jewish zealot ? Or a Fatah follower ? It matters to such kind of people, and no one else.

[edit on 27-11-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There has been a long running debate over jerasalum as it is claimed by two faiths as there holy city. Currently the city is divided and was one of the big points that the palestine and israel are currently fighting about. As Arafat was leader of palestine authority it was a common belief that arafat was behind many of the terror bombing and attacks on israeli citizens. there were many reasons for the bombing but one theory was it was to intimidate israel to give up more of jerasalem to the palestine authority. The death of arafat and the claim that he was from jerasalem would be in sorts of a laugh in israels face, accomplishing in death what he couldnt in life, which is owning a piece of jerasalem for himself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join