It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't it easy? Why do they always figure it out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
-The Devil

Isn't it evident? No ego
How no ego? You essentially lobotomize yourself through sheer will and introspection.
"The lobotomy procedure can have severe negative effects on a patient's personality and ability to function independently.[127] Lobotomy patients often show a marked reduction in initiative and inhibition.[128] They may also exhibit difficulty putting themselves in the position of others because of decreased cognition and detachment from society."

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

They're watching you, too, huh?

A self lobotomy sounds pretty risky, though......and maybe a little extreme?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Emeraldous
-The Devil

Isn't it evident? No ego
How no ego? You essentially lobotomize yourself through sheer will and introspection.
"The lobotomy procedure can have severe negative effects on a patient's personality and ability to function independently.[127] Lobotomy patients often show a marked reduction in initiative and inhibition.[128] They may also exhibit difficulty putting themselves in the position of others because of decreased cognition and detachment from society."

I think if you are comparing the spiritual concept of 'no ego' to being somehow the same as being lobotomized then you will have to expand upon the OP.

I have seen many people use the word ego and then move on as if some sort of concensus had been reached on its meaning.

And really can we compare the lobotomized with some of those spiritual masters esteemed by many?

I am not sure what the 'devil' has to do with anything perhaps you can put it in context.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I know it sounds extreme, lobotomy is a strong word but the effects of introspection and being honest with yourself about your shortcomings really helps to tear the veil off of reality. And actually telling people your shortcomings and watching their greedy, manipulative reactions flow over detaches you from society. Give it a try, your ego will stop you, then your family will stop you, then your friends will act differently, etc.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

The devil is the ego, he makes you hide your secrets and look to find other's secrets for your manipulation.
2nd

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If I could sum up the current world in a sentence it would be this. We are on a slave ship, of our own making, taking turns steering, fixing the sails and selling products and services to each other, you know to keep it going. The wind is the ego that moves us "forward" and fools us into believing we are actually going somewhere. So the Devil, the ego, fools the world.
edit on 12-4-2014 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"My ego is deader than your ego."

"Oh really."

"Yeah. Really."

"Ha. You're nothing but ego. You wouldn't know ego death if it walked up and kicked you. You're so ego driven that you can't even tell how much your ego rules you."

"Screw you. I killed my ego off years ago. I studied with (blah blah blah) and then I lived in (blah blah) for the next ten years and never even took a shower. My ego is nonexistent."

"You studied with (blah blah blah)? Hell, I studied with (blah blah blah blah) and (blah blah blah) was a student of (blah blah blah blah). I fasted with (blah blah blah blah) and slept in his doorway for months while purging my ego. There's no way that your ego could be as dead as you say it is. In fact, I can see your ego peeking out from behind the facade you've constructed. There it is. Peeking and peeking right out at me."

"You're so delusional. Your ego is making you see things. The ego you think you're seeing is your own ego. It's your own ego laughing at you. It's hiding behind me and laughing at you."

"Is not"

"is so..."

"Is not!"

"Is so!"

"Not!"

"So!"

(and on and on and on it goes as we all slog forward toward enlightenment)

edit on 4/12/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You need something that you can keep occupied with, so you don't get bored.

At least one friend wouldn't hurt.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Can you beat his lobotomy?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So, what you're saying is we should all try to be more like Rodney Dangerfield?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

I've got a million of those and they're all equally terrible...

top topics

join