It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-Legged Nightmares? The World's 3 Deadliest Spiders, and More Pics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Biigs
Spiders are evil.

Did you know: Theres a type of spider (Crab Spider) that decapitates ants and wears them for a hat to sneak into the ant nest to kill more ants?

Thats bloody messed up, damn nature! YOU SCARY!

That got my thoughts on animal intelligence going, so I looked it up but all I found was the Ant-Like Crab spider. They don't wear ants heads, but the back of their abdomen resembles an ant's head. If there is a crab spider that creates disguises, I'd love to see it. Do you have a link?

This is the butt of an ant-like Crab spider btw.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Is it weird that I don't fear the deadly spiders anywhere near as much as I do Brown Recluse? To make it worse my house is infested with them, and I only catch and release, so by not killing them I'm probably contributing to the problem.

I did get one high in the name of science once. I blew some "medicinal herbs" in it's direction, and for the next few days it stayed with it's legs curled up in an unusual little web that hung about a 4th of an inch from the ceiling, and it didn't move. It was like a little spider hammock. It eventually sobered up and moved on it's way.

I'm hoping now the spider sees me as a friend that makes him feel good, and he will resist any urge to bite me.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Everyone seems to fear spiders for their venom, but what about the masters of camouflage that you'll never see coming?

This one is called a wrap around spider because it wraps around sticks and blends in so perfectly it's almost invisible....Think about that next time you collect fire wood.

or maybe it's not firewood at all, maybe you are holding an actual Tree Stump Spider!

Next time you feel like walking in the sand, you might just stumble on this hellish creature of disguise.

Think it's safe to clean the bird crap off the side of your house? THINK AGAIN! it may be a Bird Dung Crab Spider waiting to leap for your jugular!

And the Net Casting Ogre Face Spider doesn't even bother hiding, it wants you to see it's evil face before it pounces on you with a net in both hands!

edit on 04pm01pm302014-04-12T13:30:13-05:0001America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Okay, you just validated that there isn't anything I can do without fearing the presence of a spider, and getting attacked!

Thanks!

Awesome pictures!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

watchitburn
A black widow spider once died from a Watchitburn bite.
Definitely not my wisest decision, alcohol was involved.

there's a chuck norris joke to be had there.....i'll leave it be though, lol

seriously though, f**k spiders. creepy goddamn things.

i've become quite good at killing them.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I posted this before but one morning while riding my motorcycle to work a spider roughly the size of a quarter crawled across my helmet shield. Then I felt it on my face, opened the shield and smashed it. Now I pretty much check the inside of my helmet before I put it on.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

ColeYounger
Here's a good one for the arachnaphobes !
The guy has his hand in water so the spiders won't crawl up his arm.

and this(points to vid), ladies and gentlemen, is the dumbest motherf**ker alive....

somebody get him a trophy.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

HanzHenry

benrl
Spider that part of the death process is painful unending erection...

Kill it with fire, lots of fire.

Wd-40 and lighter...

would like to understand the painful ........

what spider is that?

ever have a priapism?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

That spider looking like it has an ant head it the most clever thing I've ever seen in the spider world!
Mother Nature is smart!!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I love Florida, but I hate the damn spiders, last year I saw a lot of Brown Recluse and Black Widows. Here are a few of spiders that I found on my house. ORTHO insect killer works great keeping them out of my house, and kills them on contact, not like others. I HATE SPIDERS DAMN IT.

No idea what type of spider it is but it was abour 2" in diamater after killing it.

Black Widow on my garden hose

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
All to famiular with the Brown Recluse. Nasty little bastards they are, old folks in the South where I live call them "fiddle backs". My mom showed me at an early age how to tell if it was a Brown Recluse. Even though she showed me, told me, warned me. I still got myself bitten. After a few days in hospital, off goes my left pinky finger, then three days later, most of the one next to it. Bite me in the webbing and on my pinky finger.

For most of the population that gets bit by a Recluse...nothing happens. But for the 5% like me who are highly allergic to the venom, all kinds of really nasty stuff happens. Recently a friend of my son was bitten. After 5 days in the hospital, a 13inch trench cut into his left forearm they got all the dead tissue removed. Took 25 staples to close the boys arm up. Over a spider that's no bigger than a American "dime" That's legs and all !!!!!!! NASTY LITTLE BASTARDS.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I had forgotten about the older people calling them fiddle backs, but your post reminded me. Yeah, I remember hearing my Grandmother talk about fiddle back spiders.

That's terrible what happened to you! It's almost inconceivable how such a tiny thing could cause so much damage!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cdesigns
I love Florida, but I hate the damn spiders, last year I saw a lot of Brown Recluse and Black Widows. Here are a few of spiders that I found on my house. ORTHO insect killer works great keeping them out of my house, and kills them on contact, not like others. I HATE SPIDERS DAMN IT.

No idea what type of spider it is but it was abour 2" in diamater after killing it.

Black Widow on my garden hose

That first one looks like a juvenile black widow. They don't have the same coloring as adult widows..more of a dusty purplish coloring with stripes.
Also, I've prevented necrosis from fiddleback bites by applying 35% H2O2to the bite and leaving it on for six seconds before rinsing it off. All that remained were 2 puncture wounds from the fangs but no swelling or redness and it never necrosed.

edit on 18-4-2014 by whitewave because: technostupid

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: whitewave

Hydrogen peroxide will kill the poison?! That stuff is amazing!

That's good to know! Thanks for telling us.
I'll make sure to always have a bottle in my medicine cabinet from now on, being as we have many fiddle backs around here!
EEEEEWWWWW! Shiver!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join