1) These are around the world.
2) The Man who made these was very famous.
3)He made his very 1st Sculpture at age 20 in 1949 when he got stuck in a mine shaft for 3 days, using only his hat for light and a pick axe till
rescued. In the wall he carved a beautiful life sized woman, which he later painted with a red spanish top & black mini skirt with a slit, real
looking skin tone, rea looking red hair, blue eyes & red full lips. Today it is still a tourist attraction in the Sherridon Diamond Mines in Lynn
Lake Manitoba, Canada where Singer of Red Rider''s Tom Cochrane was born and raised who I had the pleasure of singing with in Minneapolis, Minnesota
4) Another of Lynn Lake's tourist attraction is 4 of his life sized sculpture at the town's Legion Hall, where he was initiated into a secret
society, the life sized sculptures are of his brother in his WW11 Decorated Uniform, himself in his Miner's Uniform, & a Nurse sitting in a wooden
chair holding a life sized baby girl.
5) He ONLY used an axe, pocket knife, 3 files, till the 1980's when he began using an old cheap drill for hollowing out certain things like peace
pipes, ends with Chief heads, Buffalo, etc.
6) He was also a musician who could sing tenor, opera, and folk as well as being able to play ANY instrument within 5-10 minutes of picking them up
or sitting at them, including bag pipes, all extremely well, traveled the world, yet only making guest appearances with well known bands and
7) In 1980-85, he taught Sculpting in a Toronto, Ontario, Canada University.
8) The 2 full sized Buffalo outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Canada's Legislative Building, on each side of the doors,, now inside, were sculpted by
him, there'd been some vandalism so he repaired them and the City had them bronzed yet the plaque only shows the Bronze's name but the underside of
their jaws has his name.
9) ALL his sculptures were made from various types of rock like, Gyprock, Marble, Soap Stone, Crystal, Agate, etc, though most of the rock came from
various Manitoba Canadian Mines.
10) Almost all his sculptures were themed and had a story.
11) He didn't marry till he was 35 and had only one child who has his and his wife's abilities in music and art, his wife a famed clothing designer
12) He owned his own huge business/s for 36-40 years till due to a heart condition, had to retire at 64.
13) He continued to Sculpture even, especially after his retirement, keeping most in large or singular specially hand made wooden and glass show
cases which filled 3 entire walls of his fancy basement that American and European tourists frequented.
14) He donated a fair amount to bank, Political offices, etc, till he decided to keep most as a special retirement safety net.
15) He came from Austria as a young boy.
16) He passed away at age 85, February 2013.
17) His works sold anywhere from $3000, 00.00 to $ 15000,00.00 While he was alive.
18) This coming fall, there will be a huge auction on his and his wife's works as she predeceased him though 16 years younger, in 2012, and was also
famous in similar areas.
19) The Indian and bear were made in 1962. The Unicorn in 1973, and the Woman and Bull in 1984.
20) I am privileged to own about 20 pieces though I have the rest still in storage, not quite sure which boxes
Who was he?
This took me awhile lol, so if something is already up, this can just be a brief Canadian History lesson lol!