It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Used HeartBleed Bug: Instead of Protecting You From It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
NSA Said to Exploit Heartbleed Bug for Intelligence for Years

The U.S. National Security Agency knew for at least two years about a flaw in the way that many websites send sensitive information, now dubbed the Heartbleed bug, and regularly used it to gather critical intelligence, two people familiar with the matter said.

Millions of ordinary users were left vulnerable to attack from other nations’ intelligence arms and criminal hackers.

Yes, you read that correctly. Instead of keeping tax-payers secure from nation-states and hackers who have set out to breach privacy and financial information, which is the primary goal of the NSA, they allowed it to go on for more than 2 years in order to quietly continue their own illegal data collection.

National Security Agency Central Security Service

GOAL 1: Succeeding in Today's Operations - Enable wise policymaking, effective national security action, and U.S. freedom of action in cyberspace by exploiting foreign use of electronic signals and systems and securing information systems used by the U.S. and its allies, while protecting privacy and civil liberties.

Now, it's one thing to collect ridiculous amounts of data under the guise of protecting it's citizens, but it's a whole other thing to leave the world hanging in the breeze. It could have been fixed, they knew about it, and they used it to illegally hack the privacy of the very citizens they are funded to protect.

This is absolutely absurd.

P.S.- For more information on the HeartBleed bug, check out this ATS thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Mods: please close. I'll defer to the other thread that was opened just before I published this one.

Sorry for the redundancy.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

I cannot see the other thread you are talking about. Can you please provide a link?

For now I'll post my thoughts in this thread, and my thoughts are that the NSA or some other three letter agency is responsible for putting that bug into the code in the first place. It was an intentional backdoor imo. That was something I suspected from the moment I heard about this bug. Even if they didn't create it, knowing about it for multiple years and not doing anything about it is just as bad as creating it.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

here's the other thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This should not be added to that other thread. This is HUGE and definitely deserves its' own thread for sure.

This is treason IMO based on the NSA's supposed mission. Plain and simple. Even more blatant than the spying is.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A short paragraph turns into an essay.

As I see things through a well formed eye it occurs to me that we are in the midst of a coup d'etat perpetrated by none other than the subject of this very thread - the forcefully corrupt and voraciously greedy spy cult know as the 'NSA.' In cooperation with the CIA and the power-brokers who run such hateful Zionist organizations as the ADL, AIPAC and the SPLC, they have managed to overturn our once dignified and rather successful way of life. What has happened to our country and our democratic way of life is nothing less than a revolutionary overthrow; a sudden and illegal seizure of our once democratic government.

'Revolutionary' events of this magnitude are usually instigated by a small group - already in place - of the existing state apparatus (establishment) whose malevolent intention it is to depose - to overthrow the established government, and replace it with a new ruling body, be it civilian or military or a combination of both in the form of a police state structure along the lines of the 'Stasi.' Now, ordinarily a coup d'état is considered successful when the usurpers establish their dominance - the stronger over the weaker. When the coup neither fails nor succeeds completely, a civil war is a likely consequence.

Under the definition outlined above, we must realize that our country is now in the hands of a 'shadow government,' the main components of which (agencies and branches) have been usurped by a Zionist cabal under whose power we now stand helpless; unwilling or unable to own up to our failings, and to what has actually occurred right under our very noses: having lost our spirit, and the willingness to fight, we do nothing to put an end to the treachery.

Are we deserving of such a thing having happened to us all? Is it because we have turned our backs on Christ - on God. Are we so captivated by self gratification and the comforts of 'big government' - the nanny state - that we do not see what we have done to ourselves as persons, and as a people.

May I remind you all that usually, the level of denial in an individual person, or in a given nation as a whole, is commensurate with the absence of a sound spiritual foundation. Without that we are finished as a nation and as a civilization. We will have lost our place; we will have lost our standing in the world; and most importantly we will have lost our grip on the 'up and coming' youthful generation. Those children of ours now lie dispirited having lost hope of a fruitful inheritance.

edit on 11-4-2014 by valdonzontaz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join