It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

rickynews
My response was not "other do it too". My response was other cable news channels, MSNBC and CNBC - do Not give you both sides of the discussion

fox doesn't give you both sides of the discussion either....they give you their misrepresented version of the other side of the story....they give the illusion of being fair, but are actually not.

it's kinda like how piers morgan had alex jones on his show...they knew that if prodded correctly, alex would snap, and fly off the handle, so that's exactly what they did...it allowed CNN to claim that they had given you the other side of the discussion, when all they really did was invite a volatile guest in, and goaded him into ranting like a lunatic, so they could misrepresent the position of their "opposition"....all of them do it....

they all do the same thing...all of them...it's all crap.

cable "news" channels aren't news...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Daedalus

rickynews
My response was not "other do it too". My response was other cable news channels, MSNBC and CNBC - do Not give you both sides of the discussion

fox doesn't give you both sides of the discussion either....they give you their misrepresented version of the other side of the story....they give the illusion of being fair, but are actually not.

it's kinda like how piers morgan had alex jones on his show...they knew that if prodded correctly, alex would snap, and fly off the handle, so that's exactly what they did...it allowed CNN to claim that they had given you the other side of the discussion, when all they really did was invite a volatile guest in, and goaded him into ranting like a lunatic, so they could misrepresent the position of their "opposition"....all of them do it....

they all do the same thing...all of them...it's all crap.

cable "news" channels aren't news...

Fortunately, the American Public does not agree with you.
edit on 14-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Daedalus

mahatche
Fox giving both views is hilarious. When they do bring in the other side, the person tends to be cut off on every point they make. The fox anchors are really good at passive aggressive dismissals as well. I don't care if you agree with their bias, but you have to be honest about it. You are watching propaganda, and your response is "we'll others are too".
edit on 04pm12pm302014-04-14T12:52:19-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

yeah, i think the other fake news channels do it to....

i mean, they're all extreme, and biased, and slanted in their own ways....so really, if you're relying on a cable "news" channel, it's simply a matter of picking your flavor of B.S. and shutting off your brain....

cable "news" is all owned and controlled by the federal government, or factions thereof.....it's controlled opposition propaganda, designed to create the ILLUSION of a national discussion, the ILLUSION of participation, and the ILLUSION of being part of something...

it's all a HUGE distraction, to keep people fighting with one another, so that they'll not come together, and focus their attention on the people who are actually causing all our woes....

I agree MSNBC and Fox are the talking heads of the two party system. It's weird, but I can usually tell when I'm reading or listening to a fox viewer. They are different. I love a good talk with someone who can challenge my views, but the fox influence can really be intolerable. Especially the Ann Coulter crowd, they throw around the word libtard like it's free candy, then they get all sociopathic and fail to understand why calling someone a name would bother them.

Liberals have Ed Shultz screaming all kinds of "I'm offended and not going to take it anymore" non sense at me. MSNBC is the reason we have a culture of over sensitive politically correct cry babies. I can tell when I talk to MSNBC viewers as well. We really are what we eat, too bad most of it's government designed bull#.

One day I got the urge to actually look up the twitter crap news networks put at the bottom of the screen to make viewers feel like a part of the discussion. More than half of the accounts ONLY send comments into those shows, they felt really fake and usually had buzzword names like "mainstreetsoccermom" to really drive it home. It's laughable.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

rickynews

You wouldn't happen to work for fox would you? You seem a bit invested. Why is it fortunate for us? How are we benefited by people not seeing propaganda for what it is?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

lol, it's funny you mention Ann Coulter....99.9% of the time, i absolutely HATE her....i think she is just dumb, and doesn't have any sense of what it's like to live in the real world, AT ALL...

i once read an article by her that i COMPLETELY agreed with....i think it was on gun control, or something like that...

i found myself feeling dirty for having agreed with her, but she basically said all the things i'd been saying....i couldn't find a single fault in the argument.

given her track record, i decided that the article MUST have been ghost-written....because there's no way she would make THAT much sense...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

rickynews

i'm part of the american public....and so are a lot of other rational, intelligent people who recognize propaganda when they see it....

this "american public" you speak of, is the segment of the public that is somewhat less intelligent, and easily susceptible to propaganda...these are the same people who think celebrity "news" is actually important, and that "pop culture" is more important than the national debt, growing unemployment, government encroachment upon the rights of the people, and various other matters of actual substance.

these are the same people who can't tell you what any of the amendments in the bill of rights say, or when the constitution was written, or where iraq and afghanistan are on a map...

these are the same people who believed, and still believe that saddam had weapons of mass destruction, and that he had a hand in 9/11....and they accept the official story as gospel, not questioning any part of it...

these are the same people who think the ACA is the greatest thing since jesus, because they've got "free" health insurance, paid for with other people's money, and because it's working so well for them, that there's nothing wrong with it, and anyone who disagrees is an idiot, or a conservative, or a liberal, or a republican, or a fox news zombie, or some other kind of offensive stereotype.....

these are the same people who think that just because everything is absolutely rosy in their little corner of existence, that no problems exist, or that if there are problems, they're being exaggerated by the [insert label here], to hurt the [insert label, party, or politician here]...they completely forget that there are 300 million other people in the country, who may or may not be as fortunate as them...

they're the same people who subscribe to divisive political labels, so they can feel like they're part of a big club that has their back, which gives them the strength of arrogance one can only obtain from a pack mentality...

they are the reason the country is in the mess it's in...because they're the one's being manipulated by "the powers that be", and they're too stupid to realize it. they're too busy fighting with one another, over manufactured opinions, to see the bigger picture....

the "american public" you speak of, are a pack of ignorant, misguided, deluded fools.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Do you even believe in what you write?

Just year ago, it hit record low, and did not improve much since then.

Fox News’ credibility rating has hit a four-year record-low, with the majority of Americans distrusting the conservative-leaning channel. New Public Policy Polling (PPP) results show that 46 percent of voters distrust the network, while only 41 percent of voters perceive its information as reliable.

Other networks included in the poll are MSNBC, CNN, PBS, Comedy Central, ABC News, CBS News, and NBC News. Polling data indicates that Democrats overwhelmingly trust every station except Fox News, while the majority of Republicans trust no other network except for Fox – thereby also causing the network to be highly "trusted".

But even though Fox remains one of the GOP’s primary sources of news, its credibility has drastically declined. Even the network’s monthly cable news ratings have been going south. Fox News in January suffered its worst prime time rating in the 25-54 year demographic since 2001 and its lowest total day ratings since 2008.

Some believe the network’s decline in credibility can partially be attributed to its coverage of the 2012 presidential election. Fox’s coverage largely predicted a landslide victory for Republican nominee Mitt Romney, who didn’t even come close to winning the election. After the election, many of the network’s viewers felt deceived by the coverage.

* source

Just as someone else has said in beginning of discussion, without fox we would miss all new humor that Jon Stewart and Colbert (till his move to PBS) have made out of it.

Your comments regarding Fox News as not biased and showing 'both sides' are just hilarious as well.. O"Railly tried that with David Silverman and guess how that went. Even high school student was able to shut him up, witch was covered here on ATS already... As for rest of Fox - just the same...

Just month ago, they had another low, while trying to school Jon Stewart on Food Stamps.... (www.politicususa.com...)

So question again, are you serious about Fox news?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

So, on Saturday, we have a Russian Military jet provoke a U.S. Navy War Ship in the Black Sea, and even though the American people have an absolute right to get this news, Fox News and the Associated Press, and even New Zealand reports on it from a briefing at the U.S. Dept. of Defense at the Pentagon no less..., and CNN, MSNBC, CNBC and the left wing media establishment Withholds this information from the American People. And somehow, it is acceptable to not at least inform or alert the American people when our U.S Navy is threatened or provoked ? Why hide this news from the American Public ? Flatly irresponsible of them, with of course the exception of disclosing this news and information provided by Fox News and the other aforementioned informational News Sources that the American Public relies on for current and up to dated happenings in the world.

Story and Actual News links found here: www.foxnews.com...

And Here: www.wltx.com...

And Here: themoderatevoice.com...

And Here: www.allvoices.com...

But, so far at least...

Not Here: MSNBC
Not Here: CNBC
Not Here: CNN

Which begs the question,... If there was no Fox News to alert and inform the American People, than what else might these other so-called cable "news" channels be withholding from the American People ?

Reality, for some, appears to be a very Inconvenient Truth...or so it would seem.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

mahatche

rickynews

You wouldn't happen to work for fox would you? You seem a bit invested. Why is it fortunate for us? How are we benefited by people not seeing propaganda for what it is?

No, I do not work for, nor have any affiliation with Fox News. I happen to watch Fox News among many other news outlets, cable and public TV alike. I also get my news and read a lot on-line.

Of course, the flip side is whether the Fox News haters have any affiliation with the under-performing cable news channels such as MSNBC, CNBC, CNN - who appear to be as angry as can be about the fact Fox News consistently ranks #1 in the TV News Ratings. One can only draw the conclusion that such haters ...well, they hate to Lose.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

rickynews

So, on Saturday, we have a Russian Military jet provoke a U.S. Navy War Ship in the Black Sea, and even though the American people have an absolute right to get this news, Fox News and the Associated Press, and even New Zealand reports on it from a briefing at the U.S. Dept. of Defense at the Pentagon no less..., and CNN, MSNBC, CNBC and the left wing media establishment Withholds this information from the American People. And somehow, it is acceptable to not at least inform or alert the American people when our U.S Navy is threatened or provoked ? Why hide this news from the American Public ? Flatly irresponsible of them, with of course the exception of disclosing this news and information provided by Fox News and the other aforementioned informational News Sources that the American Public relies on for current and up to dated happenings in the world.

But, so far at least...

Which begs the question,... If there was no Fox News to alert and inform the American People, than what else might these other so-called cable "news" channels be withholding from the American People ?

Reality, for some, appears to be a very Inconvenient Truth...or so it would seem.

it probably wasn't mentioned much of anywhere, because it's almost a non-item...yes, it's a thing that happened, but it isn't a major event.

it would take too long to explain WHY this minor thing doesn't matter....the short version is the U.S. is sticking it's nose in other country's business again, and crying foul when they're challenged in even the smallest way...

it's just more "they DARED to question america" warmongering B.S. which is one of the things FOX excels at...if you remember, they were the chief perpetuator of the "iraq has WMD" myth, and the "iraq/saddam was involved with 9/11" myth....

if the russian jet had FIRED on the ship, then i would expect everyone to be reporting it, because THAT is actually an event...but the news media was virtually silent when the U.S.S. Liberty was attacked by israel back in the 60s....an ally of the united states attacks for hours, and damn near sinks a U.S. Navy vessel, and kills a bunch of her crew...but the media ignores it because it's israel...you wanna rage about media not doing their job, there's a good example of what it actually looks like.

this is just fox wanting to breed animosity towards russians....."oh, those dirty, disrespectful commies, how DARE they fly too close to one of OUR ships" -roll eyes-

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Daedalus

rickynews

But, so far at least...

it probably wasn't mentioned much of anywhere, because it's almost a non-item...yes, it's a thing that happened, but it isn't a major event.

it would take too long to explain WHY this minor thing doesn't matter....the short version is the U.S. is sticking it's nose in other country's business again, and crying foul when they're challenged in even the smallest way...

it's just more "they DARED to question america" warmongering B.S. which is one of the things FOX excels at...if you remember, they were the chief perpetuator of the "iraq has WMD" myth, and the "iraq/saddam was involved with 9/11" myth....

if the russian jet had FIRED on the ship, then i would expect everyone to be reporting it, because THAT is actually an event...but the news media was virtually silent when the U.S.S. Liberty was attacked by israel back in the 60s....an ally of the united states attacks for hours, and damn near sinks a U.S. Navy vessel, and kills a bunch of her crew...but the media ignores it because it's israel...you wanna rage about media not doing their job, there's a good example of what it actually looks like.

this is just fox wanting to breed animosity towards russians....."oh, those dirty, disrespectful commies, how DARE they fly too close to one of OUR ships" -roll eyes-

Why not simply report the facts, and let the American People decide if it is important enough. There is likely a reason they chose not to report this. Perhaps, they were told not to report this. Either way, it raises the spector for MSNBC, CNBC, CNN as to not only what they tell us, ...but what else don't they tell us ?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

rickynews
Why not simply report the facs, and let the American People decide if it is important enough. There is likely a reason they chose not to report this. Perhaps, they were told not to report this. Either way, it raises the spector for MSNBC, CNBC, CNN as to not only what they tell us, ...but what else don't they tell us ?

there are plenty of reasons to NOT report such an inconsequential thing....

i mean, do you need to hear about every detail of what happens everywhere in the world?

this "flying too close" thing is about as important as a sailor stepping on a piece of gum, or a marine in afghaninstan taking potshots at a camel spider because he was bored....

it's not news....a plane was flying....wow, stop the presses...

again, if the plane had opened fire, that would be news.

FOX reported it, because they can sensationalize it, and spin it into something it's not....

fox is the "'MURICA, F**K YEAH" channel....it's almost a parody of reality....

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Daedalus

rickynews
Why not simply report the facs, and let the American People decide if it is important enough. There is likely a reason they chose not to report this. Perhaps, they were told not to report this. Either way, it raises the spector for MSNBC, CNBC, CNN as to not only what they tell us, ...but what else don't they tell us ?

there are plenty of reasons to NOT report such an inconsequential thing....

i mean, do you need to hear about every detail of what happens everywhere in the world?

this "flying too close" thing is about as important as a sailor stepping on a piece of gum, or a marine in afghaninstan taking potshots at a camel spider because he was bored....

it's not news....a plane was flying....wow, stop the presses...

again, if the plane had opened fire, that would be news.

FOX reported it, because they can sensationalize it, and spin it into something it's not....

fox is the "'MURICA, F**K YEAH" channel....it's almost a parody of reality....

When Russia provokes our military, in a region that is unstable, and where we have NATO allies that we are sworn to defend, and where Russia has just annexed the territory of a sovereign country, and our allies have requested our military presence, Yes - I think the American People should be informed, so we can asses the importance or non-importance of the event. Should it be left to CNN, MSNBC, CNBC to decide the importance ? Or, should it be left to the American People to decide the importance ?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

rickynews
When Russia provokes our military, in a region that is unstable, and where we have NATO allies that we are sworn to defend, and where Russia has just annexed the territory of a sovereign country, and our allies have requested our military presence, Yes - I think the American People should be informed, so we can asses the importance or non-importance of the event. Should it be left to CNN, MSNBC, CNBC to decide the importance ? Or, should it be left to the American People to decide the importance ?

oh, for the love of god...

where's the provocation?

russia "annexed" a former soviet state....it seems to me that it's a russian affair, not an american one.

who requested our presence?

what allies are we defending?

where do you draw the line on what should be reported?

this feels like fanboy-ism....like how sony fans, or microsoft fans will fight endlessly about who's console is better, based on nothing but blind brand loyalty...there reaches a point when facts don't even matter....you gotta defend your brand, you gotta back up your club....

sometimes, it feels like i'm the only person in the world who's immune to this kind of small-minded, two-dimensional thinking....

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Daedalus

rickynews

oh, for the love of god...

where's the provocation?

russia "annexed" a former soviet state....it seems to me that it's a russian affair, not an american one.

who requested our presence?

what allies are we defending?

where do you draw the line on what should be reported?

this feels like fanboy-ism....like how sony fans, or microsoft fans will fight endlessly about who's console is better, based on nothing but blind brand loyalty...there reaches a point when facts don't even matter....you gotta defend your brand, you gotta back up your club....

sometimes, it feels like i'm the only person in the world who's immune to this kind of small-minded, two-dimensional thinking....

Ok, fair enough. It's not that important to you. But it may be important to other Americans, so the point is that you at least got to decide the importance level for yourself, but other Americans that rely on MSNBC, CNBC etc. for their news were under-served, because they won't get the opportunity to decide for themselves the importance level it may have for them. In other words, Fox News is #1, because they report, and you decide.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Is it relevant news that President Obama spoke to Russian President Putin today ?

Fox News apparantly thinks so. Story link here: www.foxnews.com...

Does CNN, MSNBC, CNBC think its relevant news ? Not as of yet (4/14/2014 at 6:54 EDT)...no mention of this development from these so called "news" sources...

Wouldn't you rather get real-time relevant news ? Or, would you rather bury your head in the sand, and get all the "touchy-feely" news ?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

rickynews
Ok, fair enough. It's not that important to you. But it may be important to other Americans, so the point is that you at least got to decide the importance level for yourself, but other Americans that rely on MSNBC, CNBC etc. for their news were under-served, because they won't get the opportunity to decide for themselves the importance level it may have for them. In other words, Fox News is #1, because they report, and you decide.

i notice you didn't really address all the questions i put forth....

no matter what i say, you'll still defend FNC's slanted, biased reporting of major stories, as well as inconsequential minutia...

in any event, i still submit that ALL cable "news" channels are junk, and not worth watching, as they are all flash, slant, bias, opinion, and no substance...completely not worth wasting one's time on..occasionally, they report something of consequence, and they do it right, but it's rare, and like they say "even a broken clock is right twice a day"
edit on 14-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

rickynews
Wouldn't you rather get real-time relevant news ?

i'm sure we'd ALL be better off, and much better informed, getting relevant news..

but that's not what we get from the propaganda cable "news" channels..

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
rickynews,

so in you mind, our ships sailed into black sea (clear provocation on our part) and their jet is in your eyes bigger provocation?!

That is exactly kind of mind set that fox news is made for.

If you wanted all news, they for example you can get them from NPR.

www.npr.org...

It is clear that GOP like more Fox, and as I said, there is a reason for that.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Fox is owned bought and paid for by the RNC and the Saudis.

Ruport Murdoch was not even born in America but is Australian.

It is an entertainment venture with the goal of entertainment and ratings.

Its very close to being tabloid such as News of the World

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join