It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

Onslaught2996

Fox and its friends seem to have become so influential and all-encompassing that it is actually creating an entirely separate version of reality in the minds of its most loyal viewers, one that with increasing frequency doesn’t match reality.

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

News is supposed to be about reality and reality only. Facts and that is all. But ALL NEWS is about opinion today...even when the facts are represented. With the exception of FoxNews...ALL news stations sport the liberal opinion. FoxNews is the only one giving the other opinion...conservative. And man, does that drive the liberals insane. But what is so much funnier is how FoxNews has a far better rating and a far larger audience than all the other liberal stations. THAT drives them nuts because...as you know...only the opinion of the left matters. At least it is all that matters to the left.

GOD BLESS FOX NEWS and the right of EVERYONE to express their opinion. And the right to FREE SPEECH so "they" can't shut us up.

If you want to bring facts in the subject then why are you talking about FOX? They spread so much BS they can't even get into Canada. They in no way give a conservative opinion if anything it is a fascist and racist opinion. And they think that rights should be denied to people just because of their religion. Besides if we got rid of the braindead people at FOX then we wouldn't have humor like this.

edit on 14-4-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

Fox and its friends seem to have become so influential and all-encompassing that it is actually creating an entirely separate version of reality in the minds of its most loyal viewers, one that with increasing frequency doesn’t match reality.

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

Possibly true..
Look here.. They told Simpsons that they cant use a ticker at the bottom because the fox diehard will confuse the cartoon with reality.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

Please keep in mind that ATS is a discussion forum across a wide array of topics, which people have an opportunity to speak their minds. It doesn't matter your political leanings, everybody gets their say here, and that is an important value to all of us. I congratulate ATS for its nuetrality and offering We the People at least a chance to speak up and be heard.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

rickynews

Please keep in mind that ATS is a discussion forum across a wide array of topics, which people have an opportunity to speak their minds. It doesn't matter your political leanings, everybody gets their say here, and that is an important value to all of us. I congratulate ATS for its nuetrality and offering We the People at least a chance to speak up and be heard.

Dude hop off, you just registered here like a month ago. I don't care which forum this is posted on. It's literally just a whacked-out liberal news site bashing Fox News like it's 2002 or something. It's just an opportunity for the ego-centric members of ATS to form their own liberal circle jerk echo chamber, and imagine themselves as the "enlightened ones" when they are really just replacing one illusion with another.

Sure, let's just snipe Fox News instead of MS'___' and CNN Malaysian Flight Channel (and some news occasionally.) It's just the mind of an ATS liberal in action: extremely divisive, hungry for strawmen, and an undeniable sense of false superiority.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm seeing and reading plenty of opposition to liberal ideology, and i would agree with you that there are indeed liberals who post. I enjoy the discussions, and apparently, so do you, otherwise we'd be on some other site, right ?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Bottom line is on the whole, the American People do not like to be told what to do by the Fed Government. They like it when the Fed Government does what We tell them to do. Always has been, and Always will be.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

rickynews

Good grief! I actually just starred one of your posts!

Is that one of the signs of the Apocalypse, do you think?

Good show. I actually think someday if we all keep butting heads, we're going to realize that the two extremes are where the BS lies.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Anyone who gets all their knowledge about anything from only one source is not only a fool but a member of a cult.

That's my only problem with Fox News -- the cultish nature of it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Gryphon66

Anyone who gets all their knowledge about anything from only one source is not only a fool but a member of a cult.

If Fox News is a "cult" as you say, then most certainly so is MSNBC, CNBC and the liberal media cult. Keep in mind, that so called "cults" don't give you both sides of an important issue. Fox News gives you both sides of a given issue, both supporting and oppossing viewpoints. The other cable station news programming does not give you oppossing discussion or argument, so i ask you...,which news entities mostly resembles the practice of a brain washing of a cult ? The entities that give you only one side, or the entity that gives you both sides ?

Hint: Not a diffacult answer.
edit on 14-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Can this really not be said for every news station? CNN, FOX, MSNBC? However, watching it with a keen eye, is useful. Watching all of these, for a short amount of time, to see what they are pushing, is very interesting. Know thine enemy, may seem extreme, but it is an apt phrase when referencing the garbage feeds.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Are you kidding? You must be. Fox is about as far from offering both sides of any issue as any source could get.

As far as cultishness goes, for example, I've never seen anyone say "God Bless MSNBC" have you? I've never seen anyone suggest that Huffington Post is "Fair and Balanced," have you?

That's the difference to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Gryphon66

Are you kidding? You must be. Fox is about as far from offering both sides of any issue as any source could get.

As far as cultishness goes, for example, I've never seen anyone say "God Bless MSNBC" have you? I've never seen anyone suggest that Huffington Post is "Fair and Balanced," have you?

Isn't MSNBC's motto, "Bend Over"?

Just sayin'. . . .

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, but that only codifies its function in The Official Gay Agenda™ ... and that's only for VIP members; you have to have a RFID Chip in your ... uh ... well.

Already installed.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

beezzer

Gryphon66

Isn't MSNBC's motto, "Bend Over"?

Just sayin'. . . .

I happen to watch Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Public Television, and I can tell you straight up, that Fox News is the only channel that gives you both sides of an issue with panel discussions and guests. Public television doesn't even give you both sides. A new player on the scene is "Touch Vision", and they actually have a motto of "get both sides", which is at least a good start for them. Americans are inherently fair, and many Americans watch their preferred channel for news, and preferred channel for opinion shows. But the fact remains, Fox News is #1, and it is for good reason. More people prefer Fox News than any other cable news source. The numbers, and the Ratings, do not lie.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well, ricky, in all respect, I've watched all the cable and network news channels as well, and have read newspapers, read websites, for years. Fox is #1 on cable ... because it caters to a specific audience ... the right wing. Moderates, independents and left wingers are split among the rest of the channels. That's simple math.

By your logic, NBC is #1 on network news ... does that also mean that Americans believe in NBC whole-heartedly ? Wouldn't that somewhat dilute your Fox-logic considering that's the parent network of MSNBC?

C'mon.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

LiberLegit
Dude hop off, you just registered here like a month ago. I don't care which forum this is posted on. It's literally just a whacked-out liberal news site bashing Fox News like it's 2002 or something. It's just an opportunity for the ego-centric members of ATS to form their own liberal circle jerk echo chamber, and imagine themselves as the "enlightened ones" when they are really just replacing one illusion with another.

Sure, let's just snipe Fox News instead of MS'___' and CNN Malaysian Flight Channel (and some news occasionally.) It's just the mind of an ATS liberal in action: extremely divisive, hungry for strawmen, and an undeniable sense of false superiority.

aw jesus. please tell me you're not another one of those guys....

fox is crap, so is CNN, MSNBC, and the rest of the big cable "news" channels.....fox and the others are to news, what taco bell is to mexican food...

the only ones who are deluded, are the ones who subscribe to political labels, and clubs....the sooner we drop this B.S. notion of left vs right, red vs blue, [insert label] vs [insert label], the sooner we can come together as a people, and do something about the people who are ACTUALLY ruining this country, and screwing us...

seriously, stop the madness...
edit on 14-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

rickynews

Gryphon66

If Fox News is a "cult" as you say, then most certainly so is MSNBC, CNBC and the liberal media cult. Keep in mind, that so called "cults" don't give you both sides of an important issue. Fox News gives you both sides of a given issue, both supporting and oppossing viewpoints. The other cable station news programming does not give you oppossing discussion or argument, so i ask you...,which news entities mostly resembles the practice of a brain washing of a cult ? The entities that give you only one side, or the entity that gives you both sides ?

Fox giving both views is hilarious. When they do bring in the other side, the person tends to be cut off on every point they make. The fox anchors are really good at passive aggressive dismissals as well. I don't care if you agree with their bias, but you have to be honest about it. You are watching propaganda, and your response is "well others are too".
edit on 04pm12pm302014-04-14T12:54:21-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

mahatche
Fox giving both views is hilarious. When they do bring in the other side, the person tends to be cut off on every point they make. The fox anchors are really good at passive aggressive dismissals as well. I don't care if you agree with their bias, but you have to be honest about it. You are watching propaganda, and your response is "we'll others are too".
edit on 04pm12pm302014-04-14T12:52:19-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

yeah, i think the other fake news channels do it to....

i mean, they're all extreme, and biased, and slanted in their own ways....so really, if you're relying on a cable "news" channel, it's simply a matter of picking your flavor of B.S. and shutting off your brain....

cable "news" is all owned and controlled by the federal government, or factions thereof.....it's controlled opposition propaganda, designed to create the ILLUSION of a national discussion, the ILLUSION of participation, and the ILLUSION of being part of something...

it's all a HUGE distraction, to keep people fighting with one another, so that they'll not come together, and focus their attention on the people who are actually causing all our woes....

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

mahatche

rickynews

Gryphon66

Fox giving both views is hilarious. When they do bring in the other side, the person tends to be cut off on every point they make. The fox anchors are really good at passive aggressive dismissals as well. I don't care if you agree with their bias, but you have to be honest about it. You are watching propaganda, and your response is "well others are too".
edit on 04pm12pm302014-04-14T12:54:21-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

My response was not "other do it too". My response was other cable news channels, MSNBC and CNBC - do Not give you both sides of the discussion

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What 'other side'?

Fox news is one of most biased news agencies out there. There is no question who and why they support.

It is irony that today to get good news you have to watch Comedy Central @ 11 PM.
Scary...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join