It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

I don't know what the other poster is talking about but there's this:
"Study finds Fox News viewers more misinformed than non-news watchers"

You'll have to Google it as I'm on an iPad and can't get to a direct link to copy and paste.

Fox has higher ratings because it's part if the basic standard cable package that everyone gets when they order cable where other shows require a package upgrade.thats why it's always the only one available in hotels and while you're waiting to have your oil changed.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The truth is a three edged sword. There is no unbiased news out there today. Listen to the same coverage from two media outlets and hear the slant. New casts used to be like Joe Friday "Just the facts". Now everything has a political part.
In the Chicago area listening to WBBM when the Cubs win the score gets reported and they quickly go on when the Sox win it's glorious and announced with gusto.
When a politician gets caught being dirty and they are a Republican it's announced with the news. When a Democratic politicians caught their political affiliation isn't mentioned.
The shaping of the news is always going on. When the viewers can't separate the fluff from the facts it's shows how uniformed they are.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Skyfloating
Fox is a tool for me if I want to get the "other" perspective on a topic. So I`ll see some report on CNN, BBC, MSNBC, NY Times and then go see the Fox-version. Then, seeing both "sides" of the issue I have a fuller picture. What sad schmucks that need to ban what they don't agree with.

I agree with you.

I also think independents tend to not agree with either right or left views because they're too "extreme". However, my argument is sometimes an extreme view is more correct. If independents miss this, they're not independent.

On the political compass my score was -3.25/-3.33 a while back which was liberal/libertarian. I revised the political compass chart and so my revised profile makes me more authoritarian and in the middle between society and individual. My revision more clearly shows whether someone favors the individual or the state. Note that trying to tell someone else how to live in order to protect the longterm survival of the state is a state-supporting view. Depending on how much you support the state, this determines your state < - > individual score.

State-supporting views mean you're very authoritarian and believe in the principles of a strong swiftly acting society. Individual-supporting views are much less orderly and not geared for swift unilateral action. One can devise strategies to make vulnerable either extreme, so it's subject to spin: it's inherently political. In fact, one can devise strategies to make either extreme beneficial. While I think people tend to gravitate towards the center, I do not think it's the end all, be all.
edit on 12-4-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

theplu
reply to post by rickynews

I don't know what the other poster is talking about but there's this:
"Study finds Fox News viewers more misinformed than non-news watchers"

You'll have to Google it as I'm on an iPad and can't get to a direct link to copy and paste.

Fox has higher ratings because it's part if the basic standard cable package that everyone gets when they order cable where other shows require a package upgrade.thats why it's always the only one available in hotels and while you're waiting to have your oil changed.

Untrue, CNN and MSNBC are included in most basic cable packages and in most hotel rooms.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Would you agree that folks that watch the Rachael Maddow show are in the same boat or shall I just say MSNBC? I would agree that both camps are in the same boat..

Would love an answer to my question Onslaught...would you agree that both sides have their own legions of brainwashed ideological fanatics? That's who they specifically want in their demographics? Would be great if you answered the question seeing that you started the post. After looking at the bulk of your posts you seem a bit left sided and don't chirp in much when you post...would be appreciated
edit on 11-4-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

so, equal pay, discrimination of gays, increase in minimum wage, voter restrictions, etc....those topics are by brainwashed ideological fanatics???...I thought these were matter of fairness and justice.
and just for the record...I support the second amendment, I want to keep taxes as low as possible, I think immigrants should go through the process of gaining citizenship legally.....how am I a "brainwashed ideological fanatic" again?..........this is what's called "false equivalency", and the far right uses it when the argument does not make sense, even to themselves.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Best/most amusing line in the whole article...

Within a few days of the commencement of my Fox project, I developed a fervent, Stockholm syndrome-style crush on Shep Smith.

ROFL!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Within a few days of the commencement of my Fox project, I developed a fervent, Stockholm syndrome-style crush on Shep Smith.
reply to post by Daedalus

That's funny...within a few minutes of watching MSNBC, I developed a fervent revulsion of Chris Matthews.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

beezzer
Bottom line.

People are free to watch and think and vote as they see fit.

Or aren't they?

You should be asking that question to the corporations that run MSNBC and Fox who deliberately cater to a specific viewpoint and attempt to reinforce that bias by telling people what they want to hear, rather than the truth.

The way news stations are run these days, they are telling you what to think and who to vote for as they see fit. You do not decide, although you may think you do.
edit on 12-4-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

ColeYounger
That's funny...within a few minutes of watching MSNBC, I developed a fervent revulsion of Chris Matthews.

I can't stand that moron.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I hear ya.

I wasn't talking about the ACLU part.

It was the "watching" Fox for 3 hours a day for a month !!!

But I do think the guy was exaggerating.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

Fox and its friends seem to have become so influential and all-encompassing that it is actually creating an entirely separate version of reality in the minds of its most loyal viewers, one that with increasing frequency doesn’t match reality.

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

News is supposed to be about reality and reality only. Facts and that is all. But ALL NEWS is about opinion today...even when the facts are represented. With the exception of FoxNews...ALL news stations sport the liberal opinion. FoxNews is the only one giving the other opinion...conservative. And man, does that drive the liberals insane. But what is so much funnier is how FoxNews has a far better rating and a far larger audience than all the other liberal stations. THAT drives them nuts because...as you know...only the opinion of the left matters. At least it is all that matters to the left.

GOD BLESS FOX NEWS and the right of EVERYONE to express their opinion. And the right to FREE SPEECH so "they" can't shut us up.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Liberals understand this about right-wing media.

Conservatives live in a media bubble that is termed by many as a form of epistemic closure. They ignore anything that their group doesn't tell them and cannot be reasoned with.

The pool of actual conservatives in the USA appears to be shrinking. So this is not a situation that will last forever. At least not with as much influence as it has for the last few decades.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

Onslaught2996

Fox and its friends seem to have become so influential and all-encompassing that it is actually creating an entirely separate version of reality in the minds of its most loyal viewers, one that with increasing frequency doesn’t match reality.

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

News is supposed to be about reality and reality only. Facts and that is all. But ALL NEWS is about opinion today...even when the facts are represented. With the exception of FoxNews...ALL news stations sport the liberal opinion. FoxNews is the only one giving the other opinion...conservative. And man, does that drive the liberals insane. But what is so much funnier is how FoxNews has a far better rating and a far larger audience than all the other liberal stations. THAT drives them nuts because...as you know...only the opinion of the left matters. At least it is all that matters to the left.

GOD BLESS FOX NEWS and the right of EVERYONE to express their opinion. And the right to FREE SPEECH so "they" can't shut us up.

Well said, I could not agree with you more. Reporting Truth, Facts and Reality while informing the American people of same, is something Fox News continues to do, and that is why the liberal left hates on them, and Fears them. -Liberal left media attempts to weave its web in the minds of the American people, and Fox News uses a broom to sweep away the web.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

Here is a Reality Check based on Truth and Facts...Guess who said the following ?

1. “If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”

2. “My administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”

3. "We agree on reforms that will finally reduce the costs of health care. Families will save on their premiums…”

4. “I don’t want to pit Red America against Blue America. I want to be the president
 of the United States of America.”

5. “We’ve got shovel-ready projects all across the country that governors and mayors are pleading to fund. And the minute we can get those investments to the state level, jobs are going to be created.”

6. “And we will pursue the housing plan I’m outlining today. And through this plan, we will help between 7 and 9 million families restructure or refinance their mortgages so they can afford—avoid foreclosure.”

7. “I will sign a universal health-care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”

8. “We reject the use of national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.”

9. “For people with insurance, the only impact of the health-care law is that their insurance is stronger, better, and more secure than it was before. Full stop. That’s it. They don’t have to worry about anything else.”

10. “We will close the detention camp in Guantanamo Bay, the location of so many of the worst constitutional abuses in recent years.”

11. “Allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S.”

12. “We will revisit the Patriot Act and overturn unconstitutional executive decisions issued during the past eight years.”

13. “We reject sweeping claims of ‘inherent’ presidential power.”

14. “We support constitutional protections and judicial oversight on any surveillance program involving Americans.”

15. “Will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.”

16. “We have a choice in this country. We can accept a politics that breeds division and conflict and cynicism…. That is one option. Or, at this moment, in this election, we can come together and say, ‘Not this time….’”

17. We’ve got to spend some money now to pull us out of this recession. But as soon as we’re out of this recession, we’ve got to get serious about starting to live within our means, instead of leaving debt for our children and our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren.”

18. “Today I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we’ve long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay – and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control.”

19. “I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.”

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

WeAreAWAKE

Onslaught2996

you're right about the whole "news is supposed to be about news and facts" thing.....i prefer to read truth and facts, so how about a little truth in advertising? how about FNC changes their name to the "Fox Opinion Channel"...then people will know what they're actually getting..

i personally hate ALL "cable news" channels, because there's no news..no facts, no real information, just spin, and slant, and political hackary....the puppetmasters have found a way to co-opt pretty much everything, and politicize it...it's sickening...

there was a time when the news was just the news...just facts and information, anchors didn't lie on the air, because they valued their image, and journalistic integrity above all else.....we got the facts, and made our opinions...our own choices...i wish we could go back to that..
edit on 13-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

rickynews

WeAreAWAKE

Onslaught2996

Well said, I could not agree with you more. Reporting Truth, Facts and Reality while informing the American people of same, is something Fox News continues to do, and that is why the liberal left hates on them, and Fears them. -Liberal left media attempts to weave its web in the minds of the American people, and Fox News uses a broom to sweep away the web.

you're joking, right?

fox, like the rest of the "cable news" channels does almost nothing BUT opinion shows, political slant, spin, and hatchet jobs...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Sooooooooooooo . . . belief . . . reality . . . MSM . . . Evidently you fail to appreciate very sufficiently at all HOW ABSOLUTELY CONTROLLED the MSM has been for a long time.

Fox has to be playing an assigned role, too. However, it still provides some hint of fresh air into the full court press brain washing of the rest of the MSM.

Which of the following quotes by the puppet masters in their own words do you NOT believe?

And what do you make of their taking FIRM CONTROL of the MSM beginning in 1915-1917?

And what do you make of the fact that around 6 families control the media?

Evidently they have effectively turned you to their "realities" rather thoroughly.

twoday.net...

22. "In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. "An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers." U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917

[emphases added]

26. Masonic authority Masonic Harvest The Plan will result in the founding of Novus Ordo Seclorum. "How will it end?... a vision of a universal religion, which will embrace all creeds; a universal government which will embrace all humanity; a universal knowledge which will make all mankind kin..." Carl H. Claudy

27."Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." Woodrow Wilson,The New Freedom (1913)

28."What is important is to dwell upon the increasing evidence of the existence of a secret conspiracy, throughout the world, for the destruction of organized government and the letting loose of evil." Christian Science Monitor editorial, June 19th, l920

29."The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self createdscreen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties." New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922

30."From the days of Sparticus, Wieskhopf, Karl Marx, Trotsky, Rosa Luxemberg, and Emma Goldman, this world conspiracy has been steadily growing. This conspiracy played a definite recognizable role in the tragedy of the French revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the 19th century. And now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their head and have become the undisputed masters of that enormous empire." Winston Churchill, stated to the London Press, in l922.

31."We are at present working discreetly with all our might to wrest this mysterious force called sovereignty out of the clutches of the local nation states of the world." Professor Arnold Toynbee, in a June l931 speech before the Institute for the Study of International Affairs in Copenhagen.

32."The government of the Western nations, whether monarchical or republican, had passed into the invisible hands of a plutocracy, international in power and grasp. It was, I venture to suggest, this semi-occult power which....pushed the mass of the American people into the cauldron of World War I." British military historian MajorGeneral J.F.C. Fuller, l941

33."For a long time I felt that FDR had developed many thoughts and ideas that were his own to benefit this country, the United States. But, he didn't. Most of his thoughts, his political ammunition, as it were, were carefully manufactured for him in advanced by the Council on Foreign Relations-One World Money group. Brilliantly, with great gusto, like a fine piece of artillery, he exploded that prepared "ammunition" in the middle of an unsuspecting target, the American people, and thus paid off and returned his internationalist political support.

"The UN is but a long-range, international banking apparatus clearly set up for financial and economic profit by a small group of powerful One-World revolutionaries, hungry for profit and power. "The depression was the calculated 'shearing' of the public by the World Money powers, triggered by the planned sudden shortage of supply of call money in the New York money market....The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank." Curtis Dall, FDR's son-in-law as quoted in his book, My Exploited Father-in-Law

34."The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson." A letter written by FDR to Colonel House, November 21st, l933
35."The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes." Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952

36."Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure." Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK, in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times.

37."Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government - a bureaucratic elite." Senator William Jenner, 1954

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

Creating realities is what media does best. And its far from just Fox news. No matter what country you live in, western culture or east, you are living in a manmade false reality.

It goes so deep that its dizzying to even begin to imagine.

Large efforts have been used for hundreds of years to create realities for the majority of all those born to this world. You wake up and accept a molded opinion while you assume you have your own. You die and leave this world unaware that you never made a choice of your own.

Its the nature of this beast we call "reality", and sadly nowadays those who manipulate these systems do so with billions of dollars and armies of con-men who know more about your subconscious mind than you know about your own conscious mind.

Enjoy.

MM

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Daedalus

rickynews

WeAreAWAKE

Onslaught2996

you're joking, right?

fox, like the rest of the "cable news" channels does almost nothing BUT opinion shows, political slant, spin, and hatchet jobs...

HA...I love the liberal "white horse" coming to the rescue. People who believe as you do want control of ALL MEDIA and you're just pissed off the you can't obtain it...thanks to FoxNews. Sure a lot if it is opinion...but it is one news station among many. Why are you so scared of the minority of FoxNews? It is obvious. You don't like the TRUTH coming out. Liberals want to hide the truth behind their lies, preach their lies and FoxNews stands in their way.

I love how they ALWAYS show their real colors.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

WeAreAWAKE
HA...I love the liberal "white horse" coming to the rescue. People who believe as you do want control of ALL MEDIA and you're just pissed off the you can't obtain it...thanks to FoxNews. Sure a lot if it is opinion...but it is one news station among many. Why are you so scared of the minority of FoxNews? It is obvious. You don't like the TRUTH coming out. Liberals want to hide the truth behind their lies, preach their lies and FoxNews stands in their way.

I love how they ALWAYS show their real colors.

lolwtf?

i don't just hate fox, i hate all of them...because they're all trash...had you actually read the whole post, maybe you would have seen that. sorry i don't fit into one of your moronic political labels. i guess you'll hafta deal with me on the terms of me being an independent-minded individual, with opinions completely unconnected from "cable news" propaganda....don't hurt yourself..

instead of reading the whole thing, you chose to mindlessly start spitting buzz words, political labels, and talking points, like an idiot.

what the hell is wrong with you?
edit on 13-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join