It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Android616
Fox is owned bought and paid for by the RNC and the Saudis.

Ruport Murdoch was not even born in America but is Australian.

It is an entertainment venture with the goal of entertainment and ratings.

Its very close to being tabloid such as News of the World

In that case, MSNBC and CNBC should be televised on Comedy Central.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture

Fox and its friends seem to have become so influential and all-encompassing that it is actually creating an entirely separate version of reality in the minds of its most loyal viewers, one that with increasing frequency doesn’t match reality.

Exactly what I have been saying. Fox has it's own version of reality..and all conservatives seem to live there.

You could always watch 24/7 coverage of missing flight 370 for some insightful media coverage of today's news. Or I think with some simple electronics we could build you a remote that changes the channel every ten minutes with extended time deviation for the cartoon channel. This should give you a well rounded view at the world today.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
compared to Fox News

MSNBC at the very least has some variety and the illusion of intelligence.

I mean they're all socially-liberal, and swing from somewhat fiscally conservative to left-wing circlejerking.

In the end, they're both better than CNN.

edit: I should clearify that MSNBC seems mostly aimed at Yuppies/former yuppies (yuppie = Young Urban Professional)
edit on 15-4-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

rickynews

mahatche

rickynews

Fortunately, the American Public does not agree with you.
edit on 14-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

You wouldn't happen to work for fox would you? You seem a bit invested. Why is it fortunate for us? How are we benefited by people not seeing propaganda for what it is?

No, I do not work for, nor have any affiliation with Fox News. I happen to watch Fox News among many other news outlets, cable and public TV alike. I also get my news and read a lot on-line.

Of course, the flip side is whether the Fox News haters have any affiliation with the under-performing cable news channels such as MSNBC, CNBC, CNN - who appear to be as angry as can be about the fact Fox News consistently ranks #1 in the TV News Ratings. One can only draw the conclusion that such haters ...well, they hate to Lose.

I don't care about popularity contests. Fox has never made me feel a loss. I watch news with an expectation of journalistic integrity. Fox doesn't meet that expectation. The only thing fox made me lose was trust. I'm not invested in MSNBC or the other networks you named, I think they are horrible too.

There is no argument that fox has tapped into the conformation bias, it's what they do with their audience that makes them feel so toxic.

You are right to identify me as a fox hater though, I feel no shame in that. I hate everything they stand for as a network. It's republican propaganda.

edit on 04pm05pm302014-04-15T17:04:29-05:0005America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

mahatche

rickynews

mahatche

rickynews

Fortunately, the American Public does not agree with you.

You wouldn't happen to work for fox would you? You seem a bit invested. Why is it fortunate for us? How are we benefited by people not seeing propaganda for what it is?

No, I do not work for, nor have any affiliation with Fox News. I happen to watch Fox News among many other news outlets, cable and public TV alike. I also get my news and read a lot on-line.

Of course, the flip side is whether the Fox News haters have any affiliation with the under-performing cable news channels such as MSNBC, CNBC, CNN - who appear to be as angry as can be about the fact Fox News consistently ranks #1 in the TV News Ratings. One can only draw the conclusion that such haters ...well, they hate to Lose.

I don't care about popularity contests. Fox has never made me feel a loss. I watch news with an expectation of journalistic integrity. Fox doesn't meet that expectation. The only thing fox made me lose was trust. I'm not invested in MSNBC or the other networks you named, I think they are horrible too.

There is no argument that fox has tapped into the conformation bias, it's what they do with their audience that makes them feel so toxic.

You are right to identify me as a fox hater though, I feel no shame in that. I hate everything they stand for as a network. It's republican propaganda.

edit on 04pm05pm302014-04-15T17:04:29-05:0005America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

If Fox News is Republican propaganda, then why are they the only cable news that have an oppossing point of view in their disussion panels ? It would seem that liberals only want to hear their ideology being discussed, and want to silence any thoughts or oppossing views that run counter to what they believe, or what they desire others to believe. The purpose of debate is to make All perspectives known so that one has the freedom and liberty to decide the issue(s) for themself. Eliminating or restricting debate, such as MSNBC, CNBC and others - is a veiled attempt to cover up their Bias.

Definition of Bias:
a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

edit on 16-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Here is just one of countless examples of a Fox News Debate with Supporting And Opposing Views vs. MSNBC Bias Coverage, with No Opposing Views or Debate.

The Topic: Gay Marriage

In this MSNBC coverage, Only one Supporting View is offered, and there is clearly No "Debate" on this issue of Gay Marriage, and Only the Liberal point of view is discussed and supported.
MSNBC Video Clip found Here: www.youtube.com...

In this Fox News coverage on the issue of Gay Marriage, there is healthy debate, with both Supporting and Opposing points of view:
Fox News Video Clip found Here: www.youtube.com...

Regardless of where one comes down on any particular issue, The Elimination of Debate by MSNBC, CNBC (and other so called news outlets) is the Definition of Bias.

Conclusion: The American People are on to this left-wing liberal media Bias, and The American People deserve, at a minimum, to hear both sides of an issue before deciding how they see the issue.

This is just one example of literally hundreds - that provides actual Evidence, and the Reality, of left-wing- liberal media bias by MSNBC among others. It is for this reason, and the American People's awareness, that Fox News is the #1 Ranked Cable News Channel preferred by Most Americans. Case Closed.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

beezzer
I feel so bad for people that are unable to change the channel.

Please. Please support the "I can't seem to change the channel" Foundation.

[quote/]

Nice. Star. Why watch fox news? News Hotties!
and they have some good ones! Here's another helpful hint to the afflicted individual. News - Guy/Girl on the square shiny loud box says something is/will happen or has happened. Commentary - A futile attempt by some other Guy/Girl on the same shiny loud box telling you how you should FEEL about it. See how that works? Glad to help. Google the word "perspective" or "opinion", this might also assist you in your therapy to get over your "horrific" experience ! Also, there is something called "radio", you might want to try that if the news monsters scare you!

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
ricky..

it's not the job of the media to "discuss", or "debate", or to offer opinions.....it is the job of the media to report the facts, as they exist, with no spin, bias, or manipulation....this is their job..

this why the cable "news" channels are propaganda, and not news....they attempt to influence one's opinion, and thinking on a subject, by manipulation...

fox is no better than the others....the fact that you think they somehow are, and defend their (token, often misrepresented) inclusion of "opposing viewpoints", just demonstrates that you've been taken in, and fooled...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Daedalus
ricky..

it's not the job of the media to "discuss", or "debate", or to offer opinions.....it is the job of the media to report the facts, as they exist, with no spin, bias, or manipulation....this is their job..

this why the cable "news" channels are propaganda, and not news....they attempt to influence one's opinion, and thinking on a subject, by manipulation...

fox is no better than the others....the fact that you think they somehow are, and defend their (token, often misrepresented) inclusion of "opposing viewpoints", just demonstrates that you've been taken in, and fooled...

I would agree that it is the responsibility of all news media to report the news based on truth and facts, and when doing so, opinions should not be reported as news. I would also add that, except for the release of info that would potentially have real national security risks if said info were to be revealed , the news media that withholds truth and facts from the American public should be considered dishonest news media.

As it relates to debates or discussion on various topics, that issue falls under specific news shows on a given network. For example, MSNBC has Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnel as 2 prime time news programs that mixes in discussion and commentary. Fox News has Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity for discussion and commentary. If you watch any of these news and discussion programs on MSNBC or Fox News respectively, only Fox News , on a very consistent basis comparitively, has guests or discussion panels with supporting and oppossing views as part of the topic debate or discussion. If you don't believe me, then watch these shows on both cable networks, and see and decide for yourself. If you are fair and open minded, you will notice that I am simply sharing that which is, or should be, quite obvious to the viewer.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

so then, we can both agree that the programming on fox, and the other cable "news" channels isn't actually news, but propaganda, sensationalism, entertainment programming....

as long as we can both agree it's not actually news, then my work is done.

i've watched programming on all the major channels, and came to the conclusion that it was all crap, and that it would be foolish to rely on any of it, to keep one's self informed...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Daedalus
reply to post by rickynews

so then, we can both agree that the programming on fox, and the other cable "news" channels isn't actually news, but propaganda, sensationalism, entertainment programming....

as long as we can both agree it's not actually news, then my work is done.

i've watched programming on all the major channels, and came to the conclusion that it was all crap, and that it would be foolish to rely on any of it, to keep one's self informed...

I would agree that there is News, and there is the Discussion of News, and that Fox News reports the News without bias, and consistently has supporting and opposing viewpoints on programs that Discuss the News, (which also includes topic selection), and that MSNBC and CNBC have both topic selection and views that support only what they want their audience to believe, which is consistently a left-wing liberal bias, and that is why Fox News is a more credible source of news.

CNN will report the news, and on their discussion of the news programs, will occasionally - but not consistently -allow for supporting and opposing points of view on any given topic(s) of discussion, but mostly CNN appears to support a left-wing liberal point of view, such as Piers Morgan for example. Such has been my direct experience of cable news and discussion programming.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

rickynews
I would agree that there is News, and there is the Discussion of News, and that Fox News reports the News without bias, and consistently has supporting and opposing viewpoints on programs that Discuss the News, (which also includes topic selection), and that MSNBC and CNBC have both topic selection and views that support only what they want their audience to believe, which is consistently a left-wing liberal bias, and that is why Fox News is a more credible source of news.

CNN will report the news, and on their discussion of the news programs, will occasionally - but not consistently -allow for supporting and opposing points of view on any given topic(s) of discussion, but mostly CNN appears to support a left-wing liberal point of view, such as Piers Morgan for example. Such has been my direct experience of cable news and discussion programming.

as i said, no matter what anyone says, no matter what proof they bring, you will still blindly defend fox, and their obvious slant, and biased sensationalism....

they are not a credible source of news, they are a source of biased opinions.

i was going to embed a whole bunch of videos, disproving what you said about their discussion panels, but no matter what i do, embeded videos will not work (i know how to embed them properly, they're just not working.)

bottom line is that you say "fox is the greatest, and the others are crap", completely ignoring that they're ALL crap, and that the only reason you're defending fox, is because they're saying what you believe, and the others do not....that's fanboyism...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

rickynews

as i said, no matter what anyone says, no matter what proof they bring, you will still blindly defend fox, and their obvious slant, and biased sensationalism....

they are not a credible source of news, they are a source of biased opinions.

i was going to embed a whole bunch of videos, disproving what you said about their discussion panels, but no matter what i do, embeded videos will not work (i know how to embed them properly, they're just not working.)

bottom line is that you say "fox is the greatest, and the others are crap", completely ignoring that they're ALL crap, and that the only reason you're defending fox, is because they're saying what you believe, and the others do not....that's fanboyism...

You will have much difficulty finding videos where MSNBC or CNBC has both supporting or opposing view points being discussed. I'm not saying it never has happened, but I am saying that it rarely happens, whereas Fox News consistently offers supporting vs. opposing views. In any case, we obviously do not share the same points of view or opinions on this topic. How about you watch what you want to, and I'll watch what I want to ? Now that is something we both can agree on.

edit on 17-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
You will have much difficulty finding videos where MSNBC or CNBC has both supporting or opposing view points being discussed. I'm not saying it never has happened, but I am saying that it rarely happens, whereas Fox News consistently offers supporting vs. opposing views. In any case, we obviously do not share the same points of view or opinions on this topic. How about you watch what you want to, and I'll watch what I want to ? Now that is something we both can agree on.

because you'll just keep parroting the biased crap that fox reports, as if it's reality.

i don't CARE what MSNBC, CNN, etc are doing, as they're the same crap. just slanted in other ways...my point is that fox is no more valid, fair, or unbiased as the rest of the lot..

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

because you'll just keep parroting the biased crap that fox reports, as if it's reality.

i don't CARE what MSNBC, CNN, etc are doing, as they're the same crap. just slanted in other ways...my point is that fox is no more valid, fair, or unbiased as the rest of the lot..

The OP makes a misguided assertion about Fox News that is not based on facts or reality, albeit it may be based on his or her personal opinion and bias, which is fine, but the point is that whether on here or anywhere else, you're going to have both supporting and opposing points of view, just like Fox News offers its audience, where the other cable news channels fall short. You are entitled to your viewpoints, just as I am entitled to mine. The fact that you don't care for either Fox News and the other cable news is certainly your prerogative, although most American's agree with me, since Fox News is consistently Rated #1 and for many years running. Your opinions and my opinions do not change that fact.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Here is yet another example that Fox News reports Relevant News to the American Public..., and CNN, MSNBC, CNBC among other left-wing liberal media biased channels Does Not report , and actually stifles said News, as they actually Withhold Important News from the American People.

Fox News is reporting today, that the IRS and Other Federal Agencies are tracking License Plates and associated data for their intended purposes. As of this post (on 4/18/2014 at 8:14 EDT), Fox News is the Only News outlet reporting this story.

Where is CNN on this story? Where is MSNBC on this story? Where is CNBC on this ? ABC ? CBS? NBC ?
Answer: They are nowhere to be found.

This is yet One of Many Reasons and examples why Fox News is The Preferred Cable News channel by more Americans than any other news channel. Case Closed.

IRS & Other Fed Agencies Target License Plates Story and Link found here: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 18-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I would agree that it is the responsibility of all news media to report the news based on truth and facts, and when doing so, opinions should not be reported as news. I would also add that, except for the release of info that would potentially have real national security risks if said info were to be revealed , the news media that withholds truth and facts from the American public should be considered dishonest news media.

As it relates to debates or discussion on various topics, that issue falls under specific news shows on a given network. For example, MSNBC has Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnel as 2 prime time news programs that mixes in discussion and commentary. Fox News has Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity for discussion and commentary. If you watch any of these news and discussion programs on MSNBC or Fox News respectively, only Fox News , on a very consistent basis comparitively, has guests or discussion panels with supporting and oppossing views as part of the topic debate or discussion. If you don't believe me, then watch these shows on both cable networks, and see and decide for yourself. If you are fair and open minded, you will notice that I am simply sharing that which is, or should be, quite obvious to the viewer.

yup and cavuto, megan kelly, greta, bret bair, the 5, stossel, geraldo, chris wallace, etc.

plenty of straight news too, shep smith and neville, the ones i get to see anyway.

i got sick of cnn's 1 sided view.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

yup and cavuto, megan kelly, greta, bret bair, the 5, stossel, geraldo, chris wallace, etc.

plenty of straight news too, shep smith and neville, the ones i get to see anyway.

i got sick of cnn's 1 sided view.

Yes, and let's not forget Geraldo.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join