It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NV county commissioner says Bundy ranch supporters “better have funeral plans”.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I'll bet my bottom pound that MOM are full of S###...where and when have they been tested???

Your first line in the thread, that don't sound like insults to you?

Then you go on to take a swipe at all US vets......

Like I said, out of nowhere. I figured maybe it was a pissing match carried over from some other thread and wouldn't look as nuts with some context.
edit on Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:21:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
look here on CNN and scroll down to the comments and look at all that have been removed: Its also down the list of stories
Showdown: Nevada rancher, feds fac....

Not so much here on Fox its the number 1 story and the comments are flying and viewable:
Out-of-states groups ride in to stand...

Interesting

link   

QuietSpeech
reply to post by buster2010

From what I read, they took his lands, then they wanted to charge him to let his livestock graze there. Something to do with preservation of a turtle?

Seems it was not his land. He just used it for years until changes came along to preserve a tortoise and he didn't want to pay grazing fees. It's public land, or federal land. He owes 1 million to taxpayers.

Who does he think he is and why would anyone in their right mind support this old hillbilly who thinks he's above the law??

+6 more 
link   
There has to be a point, some time, some where. . .

Where people draw a line in the sand.

Government is insane. Clinically insane.

How long do we put up with it?

How long do we take the abuse?
The taxes?
The talk?
The bull-poop?
The lies?
The double-talk?

Republicans and democrats are to blame. We all are to blame.

We elected these idiots!

When do we say, "No more".

“If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when?”
-Rabbi Hillel

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

TKDRL

I'll bet my bottom pound that MOM are full of S###...where and when have they been tested???

Your first line in the thread, that don't sound like insults to you?

Then you go on to take a swipe at all US vets......

Like I said, out of nowhere. I figured maybe it was a pissing match carried over from some other thread and wouldn't look as nuts with some context.
edit on Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:21:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

fair enough...i was wrong.....my mistake...MOM still not the answer though.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

It's the government that believes it's above the law. The government made a treaty with the family and tried to take it back. Sounds familiar as hell, government has been breaking their treaties since the inception.
edit on Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:32:30 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

it isn't about helping a turttle,the govt is euthanizing them anyway not helping them. Heres a few links to help ya digest this. then ask yourself the real reason the govt is doing this. Bundy's family has been paying grazing rights fees, but to the state, where he should be paying them.

Hu ffington post

Huffington Post 2013

dailypaul

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

UxoriousMagnus
his family owned that land before Nevada was a state.....signed over the land out of love for the new state of Nevada but they were given grazing and water rights FOR EVER because of it.

Then the federal government took control of the land which is unconstitutional (research that too little fella) and the Feds gave them the continued deal that Nevada gave them.....both the feds and Nevada tried to purchase these grazing and water rights off of the Bundy's but to no avail.

My apologies for butting in, but do you have a link to the source of this particular bit of whismy?

I'm sure Mr. Bundy would have used this information in his 1998 court case against the terrible US gov't, if it were true. Or maybe that information should have been used in the most recent court case, United States of America v. Bundy, July 9, 2013.

Bundy principally opposes the United States’ motion for summary judgment on the
ground that this court lacks jurisdiction because the United States does not own the public
lands in question. As this court previously ruled in United States v. Bundy, Case No. CV-S-
98-531-JBR (RJJ) (D. Nev. Nov. 4, 1998), “the public lands in Nevada are the property of the
United States because the United States has held title to those public lands since 1848, when
Mexico ceded the land to the United States.” CV-S-98-531 at 8 (citing United States v. Gardner,
107 F.3d 1314, 1318 (9th Cir. 1997)). Moreover, Bundy is incorrect in claiming that the
Disclaimer Clause of the Nevada Constitution carries no legal force, see Gardner, 107 F.3d at
1320; that the Property Clause of the United States Constitution applies only to federal lands
outside the borders of states, see id. at 1320; that the United States‘ exercise of ownership
over federal lands violates the Equal Footing Doctrine, see id. at 1319; that the United States
is basing its authority to sanction Bundy for his unauthorized use of federal lands on the
Endangered Species Act as opposed to trespass, see Compl. at ¶¶ 1,3, 26-39; and that
Nevada’s “Open Range” statute excuses Bundy’s trespass. See e.g., Gardner, 107 F.3d at 1320
(under Supremacy Clause state statute in conflict with federal law requiring permit to graze
would be trumped)

It's a good read. I suggest everyone supporting Mr. Bundy give it a once over. They will see that legally--he is wrong.

Yes, there are many, many problems with states' power versus federal supremacy. But 1000's of armed folks aren't going to change a darn thing.

The thing that really gets me, is that the strict Constitutional interpretation/Oathkeepers crowd seem to totally discount the Judicial system--you know, Article III of the U.S. Constitution?

Do you all get to pick and choose which parts of law you want to follow?

As others have pointed out, the Bundy supporters are frustrated and itching to show it...the allure of the romantic wild-west-cowboy-showdown doesn't hurt either.

edit on 4/11/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2014 by Olivine because: edit

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

nerdyclutzyblonde

This is a situation the fed govt can't win. Unless they don't want to "win" it.

The govt needs to back down & let this guy be.

They can't back down and let him be now... it's gone too far. They either escalate this, or find a way to calm it (but results in their favor) it's the only way for them. I wonder, is there a resolution where both save face? Not seeing it at this point.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Sure, the BLM finishes the round-up and sells the cattle at auction--they keep the proceeds.

The Bundy supporters buy the cattle at the auction, deliver them to the Bundy Ranch. Mr. Bundy then allows them to roam wherever he pleases.

Rinse, repeat...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Roaland, your 1st two links are from August 2013. The BLM has changed their plans.
The Daily Paul article exemplifies that site's lack of journalism--they couldn't be bothered to check the source.

All healthy tortoises at the Center will be relocated to sites that will support the recovery of the species. Healthy tortoises will not be euthanized.
Southern Nevada BLM

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
LINK

BLM has also tried to argue that the rules have changed, long after Bundy claims he secured rights and paid his dues to Clark County, Nevada. BLM says they supersede whatever agreement Bundy had prior; they demanded that he reduce his living, his thousand-some-odd head of cattle down to a tiny herd of 150. It’s easy for the government to grant itself powers of overreach, but it doesn’t make it right. Many bad things are done in the name of unjust laws

It seems that the fed's are saying to hell with any prior agreements made with the state.

What happened to state rights? I think the fed's are way overstepping their authority. They like to change the rules especially when a Senator is involved.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Olivine
reply to post by roaland

Roaland, your 1st two links are from August 2013. The BLM has changed their plans.
The Daily Paul article exemplifies that site's lack of journalism--they couldn't be bothered to check the source.

All healthy tortoises at the Center will be relocated to sites that will support the recovery of the species. Healthy tortoises will not be euthanized.
Southern Nevada BLM

Right they are going to relocate them to death cam.... I mean happy camps where they will all roam free and be happy and stuff! If you believe that load of garbage I am sure they have some ocean front property to sell you out there too.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

UxoriousMagnus

Soloprotocol

UxoriousMagnus
reply to post by gladtobehere

All I am saying is that MOM is on the way down (militia of montana)

say what you want about militia in this country.....but MOM don't play games.....they are the real deal.

They would not get involved unless they were sure the Bundy's were in the right....

Where and when have YOU been tested my friend....

silly silly wabbit

Northern Ireland...twice in the 80's.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

I think that was called......terrorism.....wasn't it?

anyway....most of the MOM crowd are ex military and many are ex spec ops and have been tested a bit more than just throwing molotov cocktails at some cops

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Here is a little gem from the ruling you posted:

because Bundy's cattle have caused and continue to cause damage to natural and cultural resources and pose a threat to public safety. The United States has also demonstrated that the equities and the public interest strongly favor an injunction. The public interest is best served by having the federal lands managed without the presence of trespassing cattle on lands that are closed to grazing. The public interest is also best served by removal of trespassing cattle that cause harm to natural and cultural resources or pose a threat to the health and safety of members of the public who use the federal lands for recreation

Wow, you know it's rigged when they have to claim public safety and public interest............from cows! LOL

edit on 4/11/2014 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/11/2014 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Well at least they haven't said it's for the children yet, so it's only moderate desperation.
It's all a bunch of BS, and they are just making it up as they go along.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

SpaDe_
reply to post by WhatTheory

Well at least they haven't said it's for the children yet, so it's only moderate desperation.
It's all a bunch of BS, and they are just making it up as they go along.

You're right, I forgot about the children.

Once they invoke the children, you really know they are desperate.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I just watched the interview with the Bundy's on Hannity, and the son hit the nail on the head, paraphrasing, "there's some other reason they want the land that we will find out eventually" and this (I know it's Infowars, but it looks sourced) is breaking:

www.infowars.com...

"The Bureau of Land Management, whose director was Sen. Harry Reid’s (D-Nev.) former senior adviser, has purged documents from its web site stating that the agency wants Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle off of the land his family has worked for over 140 years in order to make way for solar panel power stations."

"Back in 2012, the New American reported that Harry Reid’s son, Rory Reid, was the chief representative for a Chinese energy firm planning to build a $5-billion solar plant on public land in Laughlin, Nevada."

“[Reid] and his oldest son, Rory, are both involved in an effort by a Chinese energy giant, ENN Energy Group, to build a $5 billion solar farm and panel manufacturing plant in the southern Nevada desert,”
edit on 11-4-2014 by LanceCorvette because: to add one more quote from article

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

buster2010

HanzHenry
I wish the grieving families of every BLM agent were making funeral plans.

and this commissioner.

Are you saying that the families of these BLM agents who are doing their job should be attacked? Surely you cannot be that stupid.

You know.... ther was a trial once, at a place called Nuremberg.

At that trial, they decided that "just following orders" is not an acceptable excuse when you know what you're doing is morally wrong. Do the right thing in life, why can't politicians and LEO's seem to understand that anymore?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

Galvatron

Did it ever occur to you that many Militia members are former military? Some decorated veterans? Considering the late unpleasantness in Afghanistan and Iraq, a lot have seen combat, too.

As a dual Brit American citizen, I'm surprised at you. You're behaving, well, like an American... and in the context of this statement, it ain't a compliment.

I'm going to go so far as to say you were a Territorial... part time soldier... full time going on about it.

I say this stand-off will raise quire a few eyebrows nation-wide... and for the better hopefully.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2014 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

Bollocks!!!
No-one has the right to call themselves a decorated vet in the USA since Omaha 1944....after that it's all been girly wars for the US...take us Brits....tumbledown, Longdon, goose green, bluff cove, mount kent...we still class them as skirmishes. not a WAR as such.

Scots Guard...full time.

LOL, i hate to be the one to point this out to you....but you just pulled a No Real Scotsman fallacy. As ironic as it may be. And pure gold for me on a Friday night.

On topic: if a Revolution it will be, then lets get on with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join