It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NV county commissioner says Bundy ranch supporters “better have funeral plans”.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So I'm listening to Mark Levin and he just brought up this issue. As an other poster also said Hannity was on this too. Mark seems to also side with the rancher. Now he's a constitutional lawyer and his foundation has fought the govt on many cases. If he's against what the BLM is doing you can bet if the feds don't back down with their use-of-force, this will impact a large section of the population in a negative way against the govt.

and as i type this, he just brought up the solar issue with Harry Reeds son being behind it. Ok, this looks like its going to be an interesting weekend. as a side note, he mentioned nothing of the militia involvement, as of yet anyway. That could be because of certain things you can't say on the radio due to FCC rules and regulations but its hard to say.

EDIT: in addition, he said MR. Bundy is the last rancher that the BLM hasn't chased out of that section of NV. Interesting weekend indeed. my ears are now to the ground on this.
edit on 11-4-2014 by roaland because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What they (the government) needs to do is burn down the ranchers house, shoot everyone there, and anyone that lives, send them to jail for life!

Why not?

Is anyone expecting any sane, rational response from the government?

Just kill everyone and get it over with already.

You (government) deny rights on a daily basis. The Bill of Rights, the Constitution are nothing but toilet paper to you imperialists!

Burn the place down already! Your "king" probably demands it!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I said this in another post, the BLM have designated taped off, "First Amendment" areas. Those areas are a confined space, incredible as it may seem to me at least. My advice is not to put a foot out of that area because the message about the first amendment areas also came with a warning about threatening or intimidatory behaviour being met with force. You can bet that means going outside that area could be considered intimidating, guns or no guns. It doesn't say either if the first amendment areas are only for protestors. IMO the White house should have stepped in already, this is a crazy situation, especially since all the contested area, and it's big, is already completely closed for grazing.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I hope these militias learned from Waco not to let themselves get surrounded. Always keep some backup outside the box. Enough to take out the perimeter if things get ugly. Waco would have been a tad different if they were not caught all in one spot you know just in case things get ugly like in other protest..

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

~Lucidity

khimbar

~Lucidity
reply to post by buster2010

They don't care. They just want an excuse to shoot their guns at the government they hate so much. They're itching for it. This entire thing is a joke that has the potential to turn lethal, and if it does, it won't be the government's fault.

And yet, hilariously and ironically, I rather think the government would be quite happy with this to turn out exactly as you described it. It would be a good chance for more laws to be introduced.

It won't though. Nothing will happen.

Not a thing hilarious or ironic about this. It's pretty black and white. only people looking and hoping for trouble so they can get even more "outraged" would see it any other way.

And what laws would those be? "Don't be idiots and show up and insert yourselves in a situation that is really none of your business waving your guns in the faces of armed law enforcement personnel trying to uphold the law?"

Um okay.

Unfortunately, bad laws, laws created to benefit crony capitalists, politically driven laws, laws enacted through policy corruption, etc. need to be challenged. It has come to the point however, that a corrupt legal system controlled by a corrupt political system that is controlled by corrupt international entities and corporations that maybe legal options will no longer produce the desired benefit.

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand

It seems to me that the American Revolution against the British was based upon the above, rather simple, problems.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

buster2010

HanzHenry
I wish the grieving families of every BLM agent were making funeral plans.

and this commissioner.

Are you saying that the families of these BLM agents who are doing their job should be attacked? Surely you cannot be that stupid.

I don't think it would be considered stupid, in fact its more akin to bravery. It's more than any armchair activist could accomplish. Boots on the ground is really the only viable option if only as a potential deterrent. Just remember which side first threatened violence.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Soloprotocol

UxoriousMagnus
reply to post by gladtobehere

All I am saying is that MOM is on the way down (militia of montana)

say what you want about militia in this country.....but MOM don't play games.....they are the real deal.

They would not get involved unless they were sure the Bundy's were in the right....

I'll bet my bottom pound that MOM are full of S###...where and when have they been tested???

Where and when have YOU been tested my friend....

silly silly wabbit

Northern Ireland...twice in the 80's.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Did it ever occur to you that many Militia members are former military? Some decorated veterans? Considering the late unpleasantness in Afghanistan and Iraq, a lot have seen combat, too.

As a dual Brit American citizen, I'm surprised at you. You're behaving, well, like an American... and in the context of this statement, it ain't a compliment.

I'm going to go so far as to say you were a Territorial... part time soldier... full time going on about it.

I say this stand-off will raise quire a few eyebrows nation-wide... and for the better hopefully.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

>raise a few eyebrows.

yep, it's going to be an encouragement to give veterns better mental health care so there are less desperados..

that would be the sensible thing to do after all.

Edit: really military backgrounds wouldn't do much to help them, sure they can shoot well probably, and behave well under pressure, but ultimately they're just going to end up making this more messy than it needs to be, without much effect on the outcome.
edit on 11-4-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Galvatron

Did it ever occur to you that many Militia members are former military? Some decorated veterans? Considering the late unpleasantness in Afghanistan and Iraq, a lot have seen combat, too.

As a dual Brit American citizen, I'm surprised at you. You're behaving, well, like an American... and in the context of this statement, it ain't a compliment.

I'm going to go so far as to say you were a Territorial... part time soldier... full time going on about it.

I say this stand-off will raise quire a few eyebrows nation-wide... and for the better hopefully.

Bollocks!!!
No-one has the right to call themselves a decorated vet in the USA since Omaha 1944....after that it's all been girly wars for the US...take us Brits....tumbledown, Longdon, goose green, bluff cove, mount kent...we still class them as skirmishes. not a WAR as such.

Scots Guard...full time.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Bollocks!!!
No-one has the right to call themselves a decorated vet in the USA since Omaha 1944....after that it's all been girly wars for the US...take us Brits....tumbledown, Longdon, goose green, bluff cove, mount kent...we still class them as skirmishes. not a WAR as such.

Respectfully, I don't believe that you have ever been under fire. A soldier who has truly tasted war would never make such a statement belittling fellow warriors. If you had been under fire you would know this as a fact.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Oh, you sound like a total tough guy, and really intelligent too.
/sarcasm
edit on Fri, 11 Apr 2014 19:43:35 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NonsensicalUserName

This world is full of people who lack principles. I am glad that there are at least people with the guts to go out there and make sure the government isn't trying to pull a fast on on this guy. Messy? Do you honestly think it will be the citizens who start the mess if it starts? Look at history man, just read it. Massacres are very very seldom started by people in a defensive posture.

I'm very sad to know that you consider military veterans as mentally unstable cowboys looking for a gunfight. It says more about you than them.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Id like to add.... a lot of people are arguing over who is right in this case... I have a weird vibe that this is just the battleground civilians are picking regardless. People are so anti government these days that its just a place to take out all frustrations on the gov...for the various reasons ...some legit and some pretty weak.

I honestly dont know who is right in this as I haven't read the backstory but this definitely has the potential to explode...

edit:...in point of view from the law enforcement side...if they start the killing..people will be in uproar.. Its not like you can label this guy a david koresh etc...although I would start looking for signs in the media to really label this guy several bad things...once you see that..to me that is the equivalent of the green light for leo to raid.
edit on 11-4-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

After the first death, the issue of right or wrong will be moot.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You would be correct to classify them as skirmishes. I as a soldier had never heard of them until you mention them.

As far as America's girly wars I have heard of:

Chosin
Heartbreak Ridge
Porkchop Hill

Ia Drang Valley
A Shau Valley
Hue

We could share a pint and trade war stories all day brother. That's what old soldiers do. However don't discredit the dead. It serves little purpose and will only cause conflict.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

whywhynot

Bollocks!!!

Respectfully, I don't believe that you have ever been under fire. A soldier who has truly tasted war would never make such a statement belittling fellow warriors. If you had been under fire you would know this as a fact.

Fellow warriors???????? you gotta be having a laugh....go ask the Few. go ask the 1944 guys if they give a f### about you or your kind...they were fighting for the guy next to them, there real comrades...not me, not you....ask them...they will tell you in not so many words....from 39 to 44 they lived for the day...there was no future plans.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

200Plus

You would be correct to classify them as skirmishes. I as a soldier had never heard of them until you mention them.

As far as America's girly wars I have heard of:

Chosin
Heartbreak Ridge
Porkchop Hill

Ia Drang Valley
A Shau Valley
Hue

We could share a pint and trade war stories all day brother. That's what old soldiers do. However don't discredit the dead. It serves little purpose and will only cause conflict.

I apologize, those battles were bloody. and some of them were fought over a prolonged period....sorry, i got heated and wasn't thinking straight...My apologies. love to share stories with you, but i have none. i was just #ting my pants on a patrol because i was young and didn't know WTF i was doing really...now i understand it more.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What is this, some kind of carryover from another thread? You come in "guns blazing" out of nowhere, tossing out insults at people you don't know, for seemingly no apparent reason at all. Makes you seem kinda nuts if only looking at this thread....

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

TKDRL

What is this, some kind of carryover from another thread? You come in "guns blazing" out of nowhere, tossing out insults at people you don't know, for seemingly no apparent reason at all. Makes you seem kinda nuts if only looking at this thread....

Please point out the insults..?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join