It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Noise - What ever happened?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So im sure a lot of the regular ATSers remember about a year or 2 ago when these mysterious "horn" sounding noises started popping off randomly all over the world. For those of you who are not familiar I want to reference the original thread for this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now the thread is 80+ pages so ill give a little background. The first I heard of was in canada( but I think there were a few reports before that). I had heard about ones in eastern Europe and all across the US. Someone had claimed to debunk it by saying that the recordings are exactly the same in at least a couple of the videos. But from what I understand that wasn't entirely accurate when measured against a few other occurrences. I've heard some people say fracking, some people say government testing, the most popular of which being blamed on HAARP. Some said death horns signaling the apocalypse.

I have a feeling this may be flagged down for multiple threads(even though there are at least 10-20 threads about this topic already).

But being that a bit of time has passed and that I don't have the time to read through hundreds of pages of threads, i'm really just here to find out if it was ever actually debunked for real. Or if people claim to have debunked it without any real confirmation.

Does anyone know what this actually is yet? Or did we all just kind of brush it off after the frustration of not being able to figure out what it was?

Any kind of light anyone could shed towards me would be fantastic. I read up a little bit before posting this but could not find anything definitive. Just want to know if there is something I missed or if everyone else is still as puzzled about this as me.

Again I totally understand if this gets flagged to multi or whatever but I did my research and still couldn't really find the answer I was looking for. maybe I might even open discussion for people unfamiliar with the topic and gain some new ideas and perspectives.

I also highly suggest to those that are new to the topic to read through a little of the original thread i linked and most definitely watch the canada video at very least

heres the link one more time www.abovetopsecret.com...
and one more useful thread on the topic that came a bit later
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT:One last link I found that says it has to do with solar activity but if you read the whole article says "in our opinion"
www.bookofresearch.com...

heres a more recent link www.mirror.co.uk...

lastly this is the first video I heard relating to the incident. if you look around the internet you'll find hundreds more

EDITEDIT: JUST REALIZED THERE IS A STICKY FOR THIS TOPIC THAT IS STILL ACTIVE. FEEL FREE TO CLOSE THIS THREAD OF NEED BE MODS. MY BAD

edit on 11-4-2014 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ill tell you what happened. The fad went away. I have been waiting for a thread like this to call on all those who claimed they had heard these noises. It seems that with the passing of 12/21/2012, there have not been nearly as many claims of people hearing these noises. S&F for you OP.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Thanks man, i noticed there is still an active thread about it, but its so congested and has so many pages its hard to read through everything. Glad someone else is still interested and appreciated this idea. I still have a feeling the mods will close this unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering what came of it. I remember the horn subject but I remember hearing more about the rumbling noise that was being heard all over the world. Not sure what came of either of those and I hope we do get our answer here. Thanks for bringing it back up.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

thesmokingman
Ill tell you what happened. The fad went away. I have been waiting for a thread like this to call on all those who claimed they had heard these noises. It seems that with the passing of 12/21/2012, there have not been nearly as many claims of people hearing these noises. S&F for you OP.

I take a different look.

You ever play slug bug? (see VW punch a passenger)

Well, ever notice when you do, you suddenly realize there's a hell of a lot of VW's.

Now enter the cell phone video recorder, and ambient sounds civilization makes,

Add a bit of suggestion, strange sounds.

BAM, everyone's noticing rumblings.

By an airport? doesn't matter net says strange sounds.

Train depot? Nope net says sounds.

Mine or construction, you get the point.

As nothing big happens, the excitement dies down, and reports die off.

link   
reply to post by rowdyrich

To me those were pretty much the same thing. Just described differently by people. I associate them as one. Hence this thread. Makes me so happy to see other people supporting this thread though. ATS will always be my favorite forum, and somehow has the least amount of trolls as compared to most forums.

link   
All the 'noises' videos i hears were made with waterphone sounds fx. most likely dubbed over their video just to get hits on youtube. They slow the sound down a bit so it gets a bit deeper..just fakers having a laugh.

Check out about 1:50

edit on 11-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That got a little creepy right after the 1:50 mark. I closed my eyes to see how it made me feel and it was definitely unnerving in some areas. I would like to know how animals respond to these sounds.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OGOldGreg

as far as i can see there still going on according to youtube

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Those noises honestly don't really sound quite like the ones in the video's if you ask me. The one your showing sounds like a higher pitch than those shown in videos. And there was no correlation between any of the different people posting all the different videos. And if it's been so long that people don't care anymore, why are we still seeing them?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Like i said the sound is slowed down slightly to make it sound deeper. Its been a sound FX trick used in films for years now and there are lots of places you can just download the deepened sound clips or you can just take them off any number of sci-fi or horror films.

www.pond5.com...

www.pond5.com...

www.pond5.com...

Pod 5 literally has 100's of waterphone samples www.pond5.com...

People love to trick other people and laugh at them that's why we are still getting the vids.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I remember this phenomena.

My guess is the aliens, if it was caused by aliens, got bored of our lives and moved on to better things.

Or..... It had something to do with the sun shifting which is over so the noises stopped.

Or.....people got bored with fabricating the stories moved on to Justin Bieber got bored with him and are awaiting the next "big thing".

edit on 11-4-2014 by minusinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Some of them are faked no doubt. I think a few were noises people heard.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A lots of people have said that this movie sparked off the fad for faking films about 'sky horns'. Many videos have been proved to be using this exact sound sequence lifted from the film and then dubbed over various you tube films.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I saw that film. It was okay.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Too bad that movie kinda sucked. Reason being that there wasn't enough john goodman

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Its still going on in some places worldwide...we just arent hearing anything... about anything except crashed airplanes in the Indian Ocean...

Its been going on far longer than starting in Canada...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This can be found under "The HUM" c/o Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...o

2.1 London and Southampton, UK (1940s)
o 2.2 Bristol, England, UK (1979)
o 2.3 Largs, Scotland, UK (1980s)
o 2.4 Taos, New Mexico, US (1992)
o 2.5 Kokomo, Indiana, US (1999)
o 2.6 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (pre-2003)
o 2.7 Calgary, Alberta, Canada (2008)
o 2.8 Windsor, Ontario, Canada (2009)
o 2.9 Woodland, County Durham, England, UK (2011)
o 2.10 County Kerry, Ireland (2012)
o 2.11 Seattle, Washington, US (2012)
o 2.12 Wellington, New Zealand (2012)
o 2.13 Italian National Research Council (ISTI), Pisa, Italy (2013)
o 2.14 Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (2013)
o 2.15 Colima, Colima, Mexico (2013)

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: lnk

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If I remember correctly there was a video on YouTube that took the sounds from a lot of the different places and put them together and they were all exactly the same thing. It was from a game called Mass Effect, the sound of the reapers.

I'll go and see if I can find the video and post back if I do.

Here is one of the videos I remember debunking the hoax:

ETA: Apologies. It wasn't Mass Effect. It was War of the Worlds.
edit on 11-4-2014 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iSomeone

and the theory behind this was that it was viral marketing for the new mass effect game, which was pretty much debunked cause the creators of the game(months after it had already been released) still said they had nothing to do with it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join