It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something has bothered me for a long time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Has anyone experienced this?
I first had this experience when I was about 17. I was riding home with my dad, and I looked at a beautiful Boliver watch on my arm. Suddenly I remebered I had a dream about it the night before, I rembered I was loooking at the same watch. I remember it today, sitting in the passenger seat of the pickup and looking at at a new watch my dad had given just that morning, like it wasyeaterday. I don't know if I can call this a paranormal experience. I have a dream, from time to time, about events, and then only after has the events have occured do I remember from the night before about the same events ocurring in my dream. I can not recollect the events before they happen, only after they have happened. These dreams/recollections don't happen regularly, as a matter fact, infrequently. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That just dejavu birddog. You see little bits of the future in your dreams at night. When your "little bits of dreams" come true that jogs your memory about haveing dreamt it the night before.
Alot of people do this. It's nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
OK, is this destiny? If it is destiny, then what choice do we have in our day to day lives. We think we choose, but do we really? Einstein predicted that we could travel forward, not backward, in time. Because we possibly travel forward, then the events in our future would have to be mapped out. It's like we're living a predetermined route. I think the term "deja vu" is just a way charging something off to happenstance. Deja Vu, I think, means seeing into the future. I cannot see into the future, never have. But I have recollected events in dreams after the real life events have ocurred. If I could have remebered the dream before hand, before the event occured, then I could supposedly change my future. I have'nt been able to do so. Probably never will. This lends me to believe that the events that to transpire in my life are already laid out and I'm just moving through time fulling them. I'm not sure, but I think Einstein elluded to this. I would appreciate anyone else's thoughts on this topic.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Just look at it this way, You have throughout any given week in your life, Tons of dreams that you don't remember, or even flashes of scenerios in your mind.

Now imagine that of all the dreams you have , only a small percentage comes true or come to pass. This means that you could be dreaming of any number of things that may or may not come to pass. BUt it is usually the ones that do happen that you somehow recall.

What i'm trying to say is that you could be dreaming of all the choices you could have made, or scenerios your involved in. Meaning you have a number of choices you could make.

I used to be think alot about destiny and fate, Everyday it seemed something would come to pass, and seeing as how much i love being an individual that is free, that is the only thing i could think of that didn't make me a slave to fate.

And if you still doubt your own freedom of action, just watch , you'll get better at recolllecting the dream as it comes to be actually happneing,and make it turn out a little different.Hope this help you out bud

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I quite often experience very strong sense of dejavu, just in everyday things, i dont think its recall of dreams, i never remember dreams if i dream at all. These arnt momentous or dramatic things, its more like just a few minutes of video played over again, and its as tho that few mins is so familiar and exact to the finest detail, that youve watched it hundreds of times. for instance, ill be sitting on the lounge in the morning watching tv, nothing special, and suddenly ill realise things are going on around me that have not happened in exactly this way before yet i know exactly how they will happen and i can predict the next minute or so. i.e
My daughter comes in with a bowl of cereal and turns up the tv, to watch the cartoon that is on , (this is not unusual in itself), it is perhaps the fact the milk slops from bowl soaking the tv guide on the coffee table and at exactly the same time my wife walks in and says something (and i can even lipsinc her exact words in advance of her) and theres a knock at the door, (i know who it is) and i get up to turn the volume down while my wife answers the door, i head to kitchen to get a cloth for the milk and passing the kids room my youngest daughter comes running up the hall and collides with me.
Every scene, sound and detail is familiar like ive seen it on video.
Sometimes its my own thoughts that trigger it, i suddenly realise i "remember" thinking this in the same situation, place, while doing exactly the same thing. Even if im just out walking, I pass a tree while thinking a certain thing, then realise I did this already. Its quite strange sometimes and i wish I had more notice of events, but its only after or during events that it happens. Your not alone.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Deja Vu is quite a scary thing for me. Starting at about age five I would have deja vu episodes where even reality was warped i.e. objects took on human characteristics, sounds and smells were altered. As I got older I began to lose consciousness when having these episodes. My parents took me to the doctor, then a shrink and finally to a neurologist. Long story short, I was having "focal" seizures. The deja vu was coming from the short circuit between brain hemispheres as the seizure occurred. The medicine Lamictal has completely stopped the seizures; no more deja vu.

Here's the hinky part. When I was about 16 or so I read an article in, I believe, Science magazine that stated that both Einstein and Newton therorized that time moves both forward and backward. I was convinced that I was experiencing time coming backward and my brain just couldn't cope with it.

Since the meds work, I've given up on that notion. However, the idea of time coming backward still intrigues me. Has this been discussed? I couldn't find it using the search...

[Edited on 1-12-2004 by Katolu]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've been getting De Ja Vu frequently recently. What happened to you does sound like De Ja Vu.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The same thing happend to me on Sept 10 2001. I had a dream the night before 9/11 that i was talking on the phone with my dad. I didnt know what i was talking about on the phone but i remembered in the morning it was some sort of catastrophy. I also remembered one line which was There were a lot of Americans, Canadians, And British people killed. And sure enough when i woke up I went to school and saw everyone crowded around a tv watching the second tower fell. Nobody believed me when i told them about the dream though.

join