It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Oversight Committee Votes to Hold Lois Lerner in Contempt of Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well it finally happened ,I didn't think it would happen. Is Obama next????

After five hours of debate, the House Oversight Committee has voted along party lines 21-12 to hold former IRS Director of Tax Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress.The charges come after Lerner failed to answer questions about the IRS targeting of conservative groups and after failure to cooperate with the Committee investigation into the targeting.

townhall.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

nighthawk1954

After five hours of debate, the House Oversight Committee has voted along party lines 21-12 to hold former IRS Director of Tax Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress.The charges come after Lerner failed to answer questions about the IRS targeting of conservative groups and after failure to cooperate with the Committee investigation into the targeting.

townhall.com...

Awesome! Now make an example of her and give her some time for it and we might actually see some good come out of this mess. She deserves to have the book thrown at her for thinking she is above the law. What a schmuck. Burn her at the stake.....
edit on 4/11/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Looks to me like this has the possibility to snowball real fast. I can see a lot of top officials getting snagged up in this.

I cant help but feel like someone is cleaning house.
edit on 4/11/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

About time. I hope she is keeping up with Holder's public mental break down. If she is thinking Holder's tattered DOJ umbrella will protect her from having to tell the truth, I hope she can see the holes in it.

It's time for Lerner to play...Let's Make a Deal.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

shaneslaughta
Looks to me like this has the possibility to snowball real fast. I can see a lot of top officials getting snagged up in this.

Obama can simply give her a presidential pardon if convicted and sentenced. Just like all of the Iran-Contra guys, Nixon, some of Clinton's business associates...

Meh.

Hollywood of the East. Turn on the cameras and let the drama unfold. The only thing that changes are the actors.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is absolutely the saddest thing about our broken system:

House Oversight Committee has voted along party lines 21-12 to hold former IRS Director of Tax Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner in contempt of Congress

Party lines. Cops keep their mouths shut when one does bad. The church sees no evil when the pedo's prowl. The Republicans and the Democrats are all too happy to completely ignore crimes and corruption by their own.

I can understand excusing crime in context. Steal a loaf of bread for giggles = bad. Steal a loaf of bread to eat = do what you gotta do. Republican or Democrat steals loaf of bread = depends on whether you ask an R or a D.

Party lines.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

We're long overdue for a cleanup from the Top down. Everyone needs to be scrutinized and gone over with a fine comb.. We have been complacent for too long.. Time to awaken our constitutional obligations here and start holding our representatives accountable.. no special treatment for them.. They have not served us properly on either side of the two party system.. They serve themselves only at the cost of our health, freedoms, prosperity, livelihood, etc.etc.etc..

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Its about time, now make a lesson of her. Teach the rest of the scum a lesson

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

killjoy99
reply to post by shaneslaughta

We're long overdue for a cleanup from the Top down. Everyone needs to be scrutinized and gone over with a fine comb.. We have been complacent for too long.. Time to awaken our constitutional obligations here and start holding our representatives accountable.. no special treatment for them.. They have not served us properly on either side of the two party system.. They serve themselves only at the cost of our health, freedoms, prosperity, livelihood, etc.etc.etc..

I agree to an extent. We need to clean out the riff raff. Unfortunately i feel like it needs to be a full reset.
No more half measures and sidestepping.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

As usual this means nothing and will mean nothing for Obama

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
meh, just go through the entire IRS until someone talks or the entire thing is disbanded. And depending on what is said when they talk, disband the IRS. Nothing would boost the economy and create jobs quite like keeping the fruits of your labor.

Or to paraphrase a famous quote: The government didn't work that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

chrismarco

As usual this means nothing and will mean nothing for Obama

Maybe not to Obama...but it does mean something to the people who are feeling the squeeze of government over reaching in every aspect of their lives.

So what if it's only a pebble from a mountain of wrong doing. Avalanches have been started with less.

It's the people with complacent attitudes, like the one you expressed, the rest of us will have to work around. Until it catches up with you too.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm sure she was charged and will make a big deal out of it.
Don't expect her to do time though. Jail is for the poor, not the elite.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
contempt.

maybe the people should hold congress in contempt sitting at 13% approval.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What they should have done is claim that Lois Lerner was using federal land to feed her cattle.

Then it'd have been okay to simply shoot her.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Nephalim
contempt.

maybe the people should hold congress in contempt sitting at 13% approval.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

It would be nice if the whole pack of $^%&*#@ wolves turned on one another and shed each other's blood all over the place. I'd like to see that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

nighthawk1954

townhall.com...

OP, this is great news... Lets just hope that they follow thru with this and not just sweep it away under the rug... So many people need to be held accountable within our Govt. and if this is where it starts than I'm ALL FOR IT...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Not sure what everyone is happy about. Contempt does not mean much.

If I remember correctly Holder was held in contempt and he is still in office.

Please can anyone tell me what the point of being held in contempt is other than a waste of money holding meetings?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Azdraik
Not sure what everyone is happy about. Contempt does not mean much.

If I remember correctly Holder was held in contempt and he is still in office.

Please can anyone tell me what the point of being held in contempt is other than a waste of money holding meetings?

Dont forget the $100 million plus to know what the definition of "is" is and a stain on a dress.

Gotta have a show for the cameras and for everyone in this thread and forum to argue about...subjugated. without arguing, people other than those of wealth may come up with a solution that may take a nickel or two away from that guy with the mustache on the monopoly board.

The house divided...ALWAYS wins because those who hold the deeds and keys want you to be divided. They will never help anyone but their own. Exploit others? Hell, yeah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join