It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this proof US mercenaries are in Ukraine?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not sure what video some of you saw but he was getting the # kicked out of him. He also says I am a US citizen twice. For some servicemen who come home to no job this is all they have. To privatize. There is a lot going on over there the public does not know about. A lot.

They have been reporting in overseas papers for over a week that they are there. Private Security forces.

There were videos a few weeks back showing them in the streets.

What sucks is that this guy is captured. How do we get him back?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

matafuchs
Not sure what video some of you saw but he was getting the # kicked out of him. He also says I am a US citizen twice. For some servicemen who come home to no job this is all they have. To privatize. There is a lot going on over there the public does not know about. A lot.

They have been reporting in overseas papers for over a week that they are there. Private Security forces.

There were videos a few weeks back showing them in the streets.

You get him back by openly admitting he was there, then Russia can hand him back, or do a trade.

I suspect you won't pay that price and let him rot.

At the very least he should be charged for provoking without a Visa or something

I would imagine he gets barred from entry to Russia in the future and probably other places, therefore limiting his usefulness and earning capacity.

edit on 11-4-2014 by pookle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pookle

Why would you want him back, he's a merc, excuse me for being blunt, but this guy would violate your siblings if the price was right. Again, he is not a soldier(whatever that means anymore) he's a merc.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ranong
reply to post by pookle

Why would you want him back, he's a merc, excuse me for being blunt, but this guy would violate your siblings if the price was right. Again, he is not a soldier(whatever that means anymore) he's a merc.

I agree, he is scum. But then again, most of what america exports and is known for is scum.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ranong
reply to post by pookle

Scum? Really? I want him back because he could be a US citizen. A person who has family. Might have kids. A wife. So all 'mercs' would violate my family? Those are some real ignorant comments.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

It was not I that used the word scum. But I will say this, I'm sure he has family at home, but so does the people he's shooting at.,and he knows full well that is the case as he pulls the trigger,for flag, no., for coin.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

There is so much propaganda out there...no way to tell what is real and that includes this..

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ranong
reply to post by pookle

So lets assume this video is legitimate....

Firstly he is a American Citizen, if he were a Brit i would be wanting him back, if he has committed any crimes he can be tried for them in his home state. At the very least (Merc or not) he should have diplomatic representation and I believe he should be treated as a ordinary solider would be under the provisions of Article 3 of the Geneva convention, I would also argue that Article four should apply to Mercs if they are not going to be covered by Article 3.

I cannot believe though you would talk about the man like this, when he is being violently attacked by a group of guys, you dont even know this man. He could be a merc that is out there protecting a medical center for all we know.

He might be a "merc" but he probably at one time was a solider who served his country and defended your freedoms, yet now you are saying he does not deserve any protection form the state he once served, let alone your respect, because you dont agree with his career choices.

I find your post to be in very pour taste.
edit on 11-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranong

When someone signs up for that, they know the risk. They know what can happen. I understand that but people should not group everyone who works for Xe or such as a bad person. Sometimes it is the only outlet for ex soldiers and spec ops and such in the real world. I know people who have worked private overseas and some of them do it to provide and others are gungho #birds but that is like saying all cops are corrupt.

I just hope that something will be done to get him home eventually.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pookle

I agree, he is scum.

Really,

scum?

again as i have said above how can you judge a man like this?

I understand that you might disagree with his career choices and that is fine

but to show such hate towards a person you do not know when he is being tortured (lets call it what it was) is just astounding.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by pookle

I agree, he is scum.

Really,

scum?

again as i have said above how can you judge a man like this?

I understand that you might disagree with his career choices and that is fine

but to show such hate towards a person you do not know when he is being tortured (lets call it what it was) is just astounding.

Sorry I missed the part where he was handing out sweeties to children.

Can you highlight to where I can find his infinite kindness in the video?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Ranong
reply to post by pookle

So lets assume this video is legitimate....

Firstly he is a American Citizen, if he were a Brit i would be wanting him back, if he has committed any crimes he can be tried for them in his home state. At the very least (Merc or not) he should have diplomatic representation and I believe he should be treated as a ordinary solider would be under the provisions of Article 3 of the Geneva convention, I would also argue that Article four should apply to Mercs if they are not going to be covered by Article 3.

I cannot believe though you would talk about the man like this, when he is being violently attacked by a group of guys, you dont even know this man. He could be a merc that is out there protecting a medical center for all we know.

He might be a "merc" but he probably at one time was a solider who served his country and defended your freedoms, yet now you are saying he does not deserve any protection form the state he once served, let alone your respect, because you dont agree with his career choices.

I find your post to be in very pour taste.
edit on 11-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

He gets to be tried in Ukraine. That is where he is commiting the offence. None of this tried in his home country bs.

How dare they indeed. He was wear army uniform and weapons and then be beaten up by the enemy he is there to provoke (or kill even). They should be shaking his hand and patting him on the back.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So what is the going rate for a Blackwater agent provocateur / murdering sniper these days?

Whatever it is, i'm willing to bet this particular soldier of fortune doesn't think it's anywhere near enough.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pookle

can you show me the part where he "violets your siblings" as the member i was responding to (not you) stated in the post.

Are you for real?

We have a video of a man being beaten by a group of Russian combatants and before you will show any sympathy for the man seem to think we need to provide you with proof of his "infinite kindness".

I just don't quite get this absurd attitude in this thread that basically sounds like a bunch of arm-chair generals saying he deserved what he got.

He gets to be tried in Ukraine. That is where he is commiting the offence. None of this tried in his home country bs.

As i said, if he were a Brit, I would be wanting him returned home and to face any crimes he may have committed (we dont actually know he done anything wrong) in his home State if not then at the very least be provided with diplomatic representation and be treated under article 4 (or 3) of the Geneva convention.

Really I am saying is that the abuse of detainees be it in Abu Ghraib or in a dark room in the Ukraine, is wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I not trolling guys, like you said, let's assume it a legit vid.
It must be asked of him, in a court of law, be it, U.S., Ukrainian, Russian, etc. "What is your legitimate purpose of being here as a foreign national dressed in military fatigues which are not of you own country when you country is not actively engaged in war in this country and brandishing weapons which are not legally registered to you?"
For the record: I'm not a Brit or a Yank.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by pookle

can you show me the part where he "violets your siblings" as the member i was responding to (not you) stated in the post.

Are you for real?

We have a video of a man being beaten by a group of Russian combatants and before you will show any sympathy for the man seem to think we need to provide you with proof of his "infinite kindness".

I just don't quite get this absurd attitude in this thread that basically sounds like a bunch of arm-chair generals saying he deserved what he got.

As i said, if he were a Brit, I would be wanting him returned home and to face any crimes he may have committed (we dont actually know he done anything wrong) in his home State if not then at the very least be provided with diplomatic representation and be treated under article 4 (or 3) of the Geneva convention.

Really I am saying is that the abuse of detainees be it in Abu Ghraib or in a dark room in the Ukraine, is wrong.

if you commit a crime in a country, you are tried in THAT country, not your own.

It's been in the news a few times, remember, those brits caught going through Thailand with Cocaine in their luggage?

Diplomatic representation is done via the Consulates in the country you commit a crime, YOU CANNOT USE THEM to EVADE the LAW or as an excuse to break laws in those countries. I know; i have dealt with them before.

He is there for a PRIVATE COMPANY, he has no backing from his own country under diplomatic immunity or war, he is commiting crimes there, and should be tried as such, if he wants diplomatic representation, he goes through his embassy like you or I would do, but he still has to get tried under the laws of that country, just as you or I would be.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranong

"What is your legitimate purpose of being here as a foreign national dressed in military fatigues which are not of you own country when you country is not actively engaged in war in this country and brandishing weapons which are not legally registered to you?"

As far as i am Aware the fatigues have yet to be positively identified, also PMC personnel often where military style fatigues, and lastly even if he were in the wrong by wearing those cloths he still does not deserve to be tortured and have his fellow countrymen cast him aside because you do not agree with is career choices.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Ranong

"What is your legitimate purpose of being here as a foreign national dressed in military fatigues which are not of you own country when you country is not actively engaged in war in this country and brandishing weapons which are not legally registered to you?"

As far as i am Aware the fatigues have yet to be positively identified, also PMC personnel often where military style fatigues, and lastly even if he were in the wrong by wearing those cloths he still does not deserve to be tortured and have his fellow countrymen cast him aside because you do not agree with is career choices.

He doesnt deserve to be tortured, well the people he probably sighted up in his weapons did not deserve to be sighed up either, or shot maybe.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

PsychoEmperor

pookle

PsychoEmperor

If this video is real and if that is an American Citizen, than I officially support my country doing whatever is necessary to protect our own.

To state my position prior to this video: I didn't believe we should be there, and I thought the Crimea issue should have been left alone and the voting respected.

However after seeing this video, and again IF this is real and it's an American, than I say Forget Russia, do whatever it takes America, you have my support.

P.S

I know this is an emotional response, but it's my response and it's the response you're going to get from a lot of Americans, Be careful what you wish for. We(Americans) aren't going to care that we were there spying or doing whatever we were doing there, We protect our own.

As long as it's not you or somebody you know in the video, thats fine, right?

Maybe you didn't read my response, IF THE VIDEO IS REAL, we should do whatever it takes to stop it from happening again.

so go there and proudly protect your fellow brother american, nothing stops you.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
They should have sent in the A-Team.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join