It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cherry tree from space' mystery baffles Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

ChaoticOrder

BlueJacket
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thank you, I forgot about those studies! Excellent addition to the thread I appreciate the input...that further grounds my speculation on Reich's orgone theory. I know I am reaching. but daisy chains of Reich's base accumulator produced measurable voltage, it really makes me wonder.

I don't understand what the "orgone theory" has to do with Ebner's experiments or anything in this thread... the seeds spent time in space, are you saying that the ISS acted like an "orgone accumulator"? The orgone theory is just very unbelievable in my opinion, there is no solid science behind it and it has been widely debunked. I prefer to stick to theories which have a reasonable basis in reality. A universal "life force" called orgone energy does not have a basis in reality.

I would say the US governments response to Reich and his Orgone theory lend quite a bit of credibility to it. It is very well documented the persecution he went through because of it and he died in prison because of the US governments response. There is no larger instance of book burning and discrediting in US history than Reich's. It was done by the FDA at the time. This lends to the belief that there was something to hide.

Book burning can be an act of contempt for the book's contents or author, and the act is intended to draw wider public attention to this opinion. Examples include the burning of Wilhelm Reich's books by the FDA and the 2010 Qur'an-burning controversy.

Source

It relates in the way that his theory was based on cosmic energy and the healing/destructive powers it held....in a nutshell that is. The more I read on his studies and inventions, the more convinced I am that he was truly ahead of his time, much like Tesla.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I will elaborate after work. However, what I am inferring is that increased electric field as proposed in the Orgone theory as well as in the study you sighted, "MAY" have similar effects. I havent wanted to derail my own thread so I didnt go into my theory of acupuncture/tesla/orgone etc...all being ideas, or measurable science all based on the same thing. Again, I do myself and this thread injustice go into this too far without citations and explanations as to what I mean.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Fair enough point, it is strange that they would burn so much of his work like that, but that isn't enough for me to buy into it. There's just no solid technical foundation to the theory, it sounds much more like metaphysics and spirituality.

reply to post by BlueJacket

What does the Orgone theory have to do with electric fields? Can you please provide some resources which provide technical information about the Orgone theory and how it relates to electric fields? I can find nothing on the topic.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So the seed is growing at an abnormal rate for that kind of tree and the blossoms are different than before?

Cosmic rays influenced the seed?

OR

Maybe there was a mix up somehow and they got back a seed from another tree by mistake that is different from their own tree. There were many seeds from many different trees up there. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

mwood

So the seed is growing at an abnormal rate for that kind of tree and the blossoms are different than before?

Cosmic rays influenced the seed?

OR

Maybe there was a mix up somehow and they got back a seed from another tree by mistake that is different from their own tree. There were many seeds from many different trees up there. Just a thought.

I would think that this being a science experiment of sorts the seeds would be well documented, separated and labelled to make sure something like that would not happen. But who knows....could be the case.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I was about to post the same thing lol. Sounds like a variation of the Ebner Effect to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

This is huge! Nuff said SnF

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

You had mentioned awhile ago you were going to work on a thread on Reich, and I look forward to that. Thanks for your comments here, and to the OP for mentioning Reich.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When viruses/bacteria are taken into space, they also show strengthening/genetic alteration. The effects of outer space are strange indeed. Maybe outer space has a primordial energy that is stronger than on Earth?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So think about it, people say life started on earth. What if life starts in space, with space being a necessary incubator, to morph things into others. Then it comes to a planet with a changed dna type code that needs the conditions of space to occur. Kind of makes you wonder what astronaut babies could look like.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Oannes
When viruses/bacteria are taken into space, they also show strengthening/genetic alteration. The effects of outer space are strange indeed. Maybe outer space has a primordial energy that is stronger than on Earth?

I look at it the other way around. Its the effects of Earth that are strange indeed.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Did anyone mention stratification?

A cherry seed is actually a pit located in the middle of each cherry. You can pull out a cherry seed and plant it directly in the ground or in a pot. In order to plant cherry seeds, you must put it through a stratification process to better ensure germination of the seeds in the spring.

Stratification is the process of chilling the seed for 6 to 8 weeks in order to break down the hard outer shell of the pit. Here's a guide on how to plant cherry seeds to guarantee germination and growth of the cherry tree.

www.wikihow.com...

Stratification

I'll bet bottom dollar that the pit that was put in to LEO experienced much more profound stratification than the other pits.

And the Japanese don't mention this?

Yeah, well, joke's on you, disingenuous Japanese-seed-researchers, shame on you.

edit on 11-4-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Maybe the seed was replaced by a pod when it was in space? Now our cherry trees will be replicated by other space pods... maybe the "body snatchers" goofed and chose the wrong bodies to replicate? Maybe they thought the cherry trees were the ones who built the space station and were masters of Earth?

And how many times was Reiche mentioned? Is this the third Reiche?

Sorry... fascinating OP, btw.
edit on 4/11/2014 by Baddogma because: clarify lame joke

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
I would say the US governments response to Reich and his Orgone theory lend quite a bit of credibility to it. It is very well documented the persecution he went through because of it and he died in prison because of the US governments response. There is no larger instance of book burning and discrediting in US history than Reich's. It was done by the FDA at the time. This lends to the belief that there was something to hide.
That's pretty distorted logic. The whole reason his books were burned is because they were making false medical claims, like cure for cancer. So now you're saying that burning books because they made false claims lends them credibility? What kind of critical thinking is that? It's not critical thinking.

BlueJacket
I know this is "out on a limb" for alot of people, but here is what I am referring to in regards Orgone: www.ehow.com...
It's way past "out on a limb", the limb has been sawed off, fallen to the ground and as Vasa Croe pointed out, burned. There is nothing scientific about the orgonne accumulator, though Reich probably would have been allowed to continue to market them as orgasm or pleasure devices if he hadn't made false medical claims about them curing disease. You can get away with a lot of quackery if you steer clear of making false medical claims.

If you want to study plants, you need a larger sample size than one. Anything can happen with one sample.

In my third grade class, each student got a seed, a little pot and some dirt, and we all planted our little seed. The seeds all came from the same bag and as far as we knew weren't subjected to different conditions. Out of the 20 plants that sprouted, 19 grew right side up, and one grew upside down. The roots were sticking up in the air. It must have had some kind of genetic mutation that caused it to do that.

Now, if that was the one seed that had been sent into space, we might draw the false conclusion that sending a seed into space makes the plant grow upside down.

See the problem with using a sample size of one? It doesn't tell you anything scientifically useful; we need larger sample sizes for that, so please keep that in mind when doing your plant research. Think Gregor Mendel.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Anyone interested can buy their own seeds from space, and do an experiment themselves.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

boncho
Anyone interested can buy their own seeds from space, and do an experiment themselves.

No way Boncho!!
That is awesome,I have to get some.
Space Basil,mmMMMhhh.

Terra firma coconut veg curry with a garnish of space seed basil.
And a meat dish for my carnivorous friends of course-maybe a grouse stuffed with space basil.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Arbitrageur

Vasa Croe
That's pretty distorted logic. The whole reason his books were burned is because they were making false medical claims, like cure for cancer. So now you're saying that burning books because they made false claims lends them credibility? What kind of critical thinking is that? It's not critical thinking.

Actually it is not distorted logic at all. Many ideas have been oppressed in the same manner in the past. Something being freely given to people to help them is against corporate america and what the FDA stands for...look at big pharma now and how many they have affected.

His books had many psychological claims as did his contemporaries at the time, Freud being one. His research has even been followed up and tested by others since and has been shown to actually work.

Some of Reich's observations have been replicated by other researchers. Stefan Müschenich, in his Master's thesis, demonstrated effects of orgone accumulators on test subjects in keeping with Reich's original descriptions, while subjects exposed to a known "dummy box" showed no such effects.[25] As of 2007, the National Institutes of Health database PubMed, and the Web of Science database, contained only 4 or 5 peer-reviewed scientific papers published (since 1968) dealing with orgone therapy.

Orgone therapy had nothing to do with orgasm or sex. That is a misconception by many who attribute his books on Orgasm to his orgone therapy devices....not the same. Name another instance of someone putting out a device or book in the US that has had the same reaction. After all, this is a free speech country, so why were his books burned and referenced numerous places as having been one of the largest cases in history of this happening.

I have researched his background and his books and writings and would have to say there is nothing in them that would warrant burning of or destruction of property. Just like anything that can be sold, it is up to the consumer to decide in the end, unless it harms the consumer, and if this orgone therapy doesn't work or harm anyone, then why the strong reaction by the FDA and having him thrown in prison where he died?

So what of the claims of FDA approved drugs to "cure" illnesses that don't work or kill? Does that make them "hoakey" as well, or because they are FDA approved they are all good?

I believe one of the main reasons for his persecution and eventual death from such was because of the era he was living and researching in. None were open to this line of research and those that did not understand it believed, falsely, that it was promoting sexual promiscuity and as such decided to wage a war on his practices even though they were mistaken as to his actual intent.

I would say there is plenty of critical thinking in my observation and posts on his research and therapy. I would also say that you seem to be speaking from a point of view with no research on the subject other than a few minutes to check out between posts. Maybe come back with some actual points to back up your opinion, or at least a bit more than your post above.....

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Bybyots
Did anyone mention stratification?

I'll bet bottom dollar that the pit that was put in to LEO experienced much more profound stratification than the other pits.

And the Japanese don't mention this?

Yeah, well, joke's on you, disingenuous Japanese-seed-researchers, shame on you.

Id think this myself, we've had a number of plants in the last 5-6 years that have fruited, flowered early or done things they normally wouldnt. And I can assure you none have been into space as seeds, we have however had some freaky weather with cold snaps, overly hot seasons and other issues.

I wouldnt think its the researchers fault, more the person reporting it. Ive noticed over the years alot of scientific research papers are 'dolled up' for the laymen by the media, and no one would read the articles if it wasnt. Sure makes alot of confusion when a article spins something the wrong way, not saying this one is but it happens alot.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It's all fun and games until Godzilla is having Japanese for dinner... ^__^

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hmm i never knew what to think about Aleister Crowley's OTO "apprentice" (help me out people...JPL? Worked with NASA??) who believed that by having sex and therefore conception of a child iabove the atmosphere or in space above earth and/or above the moon, the starchild/moonchild, who i believe was to lead humanity to our destiny, would be born. Ur post just convinced me maybe he really WAS onto something

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join