It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do police in England do their jobs without guns and a body count?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

for some reason that reminded me of Doug Stanhope and the difference in violence between the Brits and Americans

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Well posted! I do like Cavtrooper, but in this instance he categorically knows nothing and should try going 5 minutes on a winter's night with some snarling she-troll in her nightie at kicking out time.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
In America it's a chain reaction of fear.

You don't know who's packin'.

You've got to unlove guns and stop playing cowboys and Indians.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

MOMof3
The criminals in England are table doilies compared to the criminals in the US. You're darn right, you had better go out anywhere in the US with your eyes, ears, and all senses wide open. I saw a documentary that the FBI has no idea how many serial killers travel the freeways seeking their prey, but it is a lot.

Estimates are close to 300 serial killer's active at anytime in North America .the uk leads america 3x when non gun violence is figured in but it could have to do with 688 people per square mile to america's 60-80 psm

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Cants ay that for Canada anymore.

American cop mentality is rubbing off and ruining Canadian cops...

They seem to shoot people for barely any reason.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

CJCrawley
In America it's a chain reaction of fear.

You don't know who's packin'.

You've got to unlove guns and stop playing cowboys and Indians.

better watch you could be carrying pier's morgans bags back to blight'y

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

Estimates are close to 300 serial killer's active at anytime in North America

It's simply because it's so easy to get away with it over there.

I recall that Ted Bundy state-hopped to avoid detection.

Just work on bettering the detection rate.

Simple really.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'd also mention that many photos of US cops I see these days, they mostly look all pumped up and are probably on steroids, which would explain a lot. Maybe they are all trying to look like Hollywood fictional characters rather than cops?
Others just seem very lardy, in which case they need the guns as they are too fat to chase down the perps and it's easier to just shoot a suspect!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Far be it from me doing the one up thing but THIS epic genius married a bar girl in Korea, who EVIDENTLY was bipolar or some varied form of dementia. I would come home from work and she would spool up /start yelling then eventually jump me with Tie Kwon Do. I couldn't return her aggression because A: I am a big goon and was trained NOT to harm women or smaller people
B: I was the husband and doing my job.
I did slap her 7 times but 3 don't count,she lit her own hair on fire and I had to put it out.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Maxatoria

for some reason that reminded me of Doug Stanhope and the difference in violence between the Brits and Americans

Gotta Love Doug.... very true what he says.

LOVE Newswipe/weekly wipe too

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I feel for you Cav, and i too once shacked up with a too-late identified psychopath, but you bought up the national stereotype thingy and i really could not help but correct you.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDeath

It was a documentary on Netflix. Can't remember exact one but I think it was "Serial Killer: Profiling Criminal Mind".

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

CJCrawley
reply to post by 999zxcv

Estimates are close to 300 serial killer's active at anytime in North America

It's simply because it's so easy to get away with it over there.

I recall that Ted Bundy state-hopped to avoid detection.

Just work on bettering the detection rate.

Simple really.

it is funny in the u.k East coast to West coast in some parts of the u.k is only 60 miles that being the shortest and around a hundred and 50 average not a lot lot of area to hide and facial recognition is a game changer with one guy getting caught in Florida? after 35 years with cctv .

But bundy drove a beetle he could not have been all bad [jk]

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

With an interesting gal like that, are you still together? I like her.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Don't worry England is getting there...you have you ghetto issues getting worse and worse...all good things must come to an end..although when Muslim law finally triumphs in England they can stone and execute by beheading...I'm wondering what will be a tipping point...if there is a recognized tipping point?

not sure how accurate this site is but...

Link

The Government's latest crime figures were condemned as "truly terrible" by the Tories today as it emerged that gun crime in England and Wales soared by 35% last year.

Criminals used handguns in 46% more offences, Home Office statistics revealed. Firearms were used in 9,974 recorded crimes in the 12 months to last April, up from 7,362. It was the fourth consecutive year to see a rise and there were more than 2,200 more gun crimes last year than the previous peak in 1993.

Figures showed the number of crimes involving handguns had more than doubled since the post-Dunblane massacre ban on the weapons, from 2,636 in 1997-1998 to 5,871.

Unadjusted figures showed overall recorded crime in the 12 months to last September rose 9.3%, but the Home Office stressed that new procedures had skewed the figures.

Shadow home secretary Oliver Letwin said: "These figures are truly terrible.

"Despite the street crime initiative, robbery is massively up.

So are gun-related crimes, domestic burglary, retail burglary, and drug offenses.

"The only word for this is failure: the Government's response of knee-jerk reactions, gimmicks and initiatives is not working and confused signals on sentences for burglary will not help either.

"The figures will continue to be dreadful until the Government produces a coherent long term strategy to attack crime at its roots and get police visibly back on our streets."

Gun crime would not be cracked until gangs were broken up and the streets "reclaimed for the honest citizen by proper neighborhood policing", he added.

edit on 11-4-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
When i was a lad i was more scared of what my parents would do to me if i disrespected anyone. if the Police got involved they would boot you up the Arse and drag you by the ear to your door...Where my parents would have thanked them and then booted my arse again.

Maybe most of us here in the UK have respect for the job they do because they do it unarmed other than a truncheon and nowadays some pepper spray.

if i see a cop being beaten i will help the cop, if i see a cop beating someone for no reason i'll attempt help the individual getting beaten...i'll take my day in court no matter who's side i'm on.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yea, the way it works in the UK, Police Constanbles are public servants, only meant to intervene under common law; during incidents of harm, hurt, lost and theft... However they are mainly called upon by the state to enforce civil law, which are the dealings of crown tax collectors issuing you a ticket; when operating in this manner they are referred to as Police Officers, informing you of an offence.

Just as in the United States, the UK's Police Force currently attempts, on a daily basis, to over step these grounds, and is also undergoing a process of privatisation and militarisation.

The Brits are quite fond of having a scrap with the police..
Being arrested for 'assaulting' one is quite common when acting in self defense.

Check this out:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-4-2014 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Painterz
reply to post by abe froman

It's the guns issue I think. British police (with a few exceptions) are not armed, therefore our criminal classes have never felt the need to carry firearms either.

Arm the police, the criminals would start carrying more guns, we'd start to see a lot more shootings.

And, I suspect, more cases of innocent people being shot - because the presumption would be that suspected criminal is armed.

I know where I feel safer and prefer to live! Aside maybe from some inner city areas, we in Britain have no fear of anyone ever shooting us. Unless we're a pheasant or grouse ....

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

ObservingYou

The Brits are quite fond of having a scrap with the police..

I disagree
It does happen, true, but there are always drunken idiots and those who refuse to accept responsibility. But by and large, we actualy get on with the police quite well. And whilst they are not what they were in 'Dixon of Dock Green' days, most of us still respect them and they in term act to help us. We only ever hear about the exceptions.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Unfortunately, from my experience the nice ones are the exceptions. I've found the young one's are the nicest, and although ,recently, not very adequately trained. 80% Of the older men I have met in the force are brutish, as are some of the older women. I know the short I'm talking about, they're all reading from the same 'underhanded' handbook. The nicest cop I met wasn't even British, she was American.
Of course we all have different experiences. But I know the 2011 riots were engineered, and those cops are complicit in the upcoming agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join