It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's Natural Antipathy For All Of Rodentia And the Men Who Laugh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I'm a MAN!

The only thing that'll make me run and scream are photo's of;
Mops
Sponges
Spiders
and
Winona Ryder
!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

beezzer

I'm a MAN!

The only thing that'll make me run and scream are photo's of;
Mops
Sponges
Spiders
and
Winona Ryder
!

Oh beezzer...you just don't like Winona cuz she can spit farther than you!

(my distance is lousy but my aim is accurate)

jacy

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
" I think this generalisation that women are scared of mice and spiders etc has to stop at some point as it is ridiculous and only true for some, just as there are some men that don't like these things. "

Blasphemy you say! Anyone should know that spiders are from outer space and came here to take over the world.Are they not on every continent but Antarctica? (There was nothing of interest there for them). They are disturbing to look at and deal with.They sneak up on you while you sleep,they pop out when you are taking a shower,laughing at you while you scream and try to get away without falling in the shower.Yes they know our weakness'. They hide in dark corners just to plan out their sneak attacks on us. My rule of thumb is that,if they are outside doing they're business,no problem,leave them be.But once they cross my threshold its all out war on them!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Lagomorphs may be cute and fuzzy but not all are pleasant to handle. I got one each for my sons. One son has a pet and the other now has a lifelong fear of herbivores.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Rodents don't bother me, I have owned pet rats before, and like Jacy I have ferrets (which are not rodents, but people ask me if they are all the time), so I sympathies greatly with her loss. How are you doing by the way?

Spiders and other insects don't bother me either. Unless it is poisonous or dangerous, even then I rescued a wasp that got trapped in our house yesterday and let it free outside.

No, what really gets me are snakes. The sight of a snake can freeze me up with fear. I have had a few close calls with rattlers. Too close.

edit on 11-4-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

AstroRocks

Can't stand rats! They were the perpetuating factor in the Bubonic Plague! Not to mention they freak me out!

Uh, no. You've simply bought that myth from the cats. Observe here. The plague was airborne and transferred human to human. Rats and mice have been unfairly blamed.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
00:11 zulu.

Mission accomplished, just now.

Now setting more hair-trigger "feeding stations", in case it has buddies...

OB is asleep at the moment, napping after a hard day at work. I expect a "my hero" when she wakes up.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I love domesticated rats. One of the best pets I ever had was a golden, curly-coated self rat named Monkey. Then, there was her partner in crime, Sexy-Rexy, the One-Nut Wonder. He was a smooth-coated blue self rat. We had Rex fixed so he and Monkey could be cage mates, but due to his nickname ... they wound up having a litter. Oops! Turns out Rex was monorchid, so he had to get fixed twice. Poor guy!

Anyhow, I've had pet rats. Pet turtles. Pet snakes. Pet fish.

Did you know that keeping pet rats tends to keep away mice? True! Every other dorm room on the floor had mice except for my husband's (we were still seeing each other). Just the presence of Monkey and Rex keep them away from the room. Apparently, rats will kill mice in the wild, so they tend to avoid places where they smell rat.

The critter that really freaks me out? Flying, stinging insects ... Wasps, bees, hornets. Can't stand 'em.
edit on 11-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Sigh

Its just a frickin mouse...

Whats even funnier is when women see a spider and bounce up on the couch like something bit them on the arse...

And even better when I catch it, and show it to you briefly before putting it outside...LOL

WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL IT... they all ask

Because its just a spider... and they keep away Mcskeetos

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

nenothtu

My favorite cooking appliance is an acetylene torch. Would that count as a "gas range"?

Sounds more like 'gas at a range' but close enough. I've seen people cook with stranger things...

nenothtu

That depends on how you roll up a newspaper. I like to roll mine up around an ice pick.

Touche'!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
All women?! Not me! I shall decline, rats can be cute too!
Dumbo Rex Rattie
edit on 12-4-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You fought the evil beast and slayed the monster - never once minding the danger and peril you were in!

You know, seriously... your the sweetest man on the whole earth! I love you so much... and thanks for keeping me safe from mice with dastardly plans!
edit on 12-4-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just for spite!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Definite jealousy there!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

:shudders uncontrollably:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You are brave... very brave... I'm a coward! See the difference?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

That's my girl!

I've not seen such gratitude since I threw my boot at the centipede running along the wall and killed it!

That reminds me - where's the scrub brush?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

Just for spite!

At least he's wrestling that dust mop manfully! He's got it in a death-grip choke hold, and is making sure it's teeth stay away from his body.

I saw a guy do that with alligators once...

edit on 2014/4/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I don't know why, but I picture your household with OpinionatedB saying, "Spartan, either come back with your shield or on it".

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We did video the moments before I left for work ... and before he went back into the house to fight against the evil mouse...

Here is that scene:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join