Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Play TESO With Xbox 360 Controller

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
So I figured this out today. The first thing that you need to do is find and download a copy of GlovePie, which allows you to write code that transfers your Xbox 360 controller (among many other things) into keystrokes and mouse usage.

Glovepie Download

The next thing you need to do is plug in your wired Xbox 360 controller to your computer. Then open up the Glovepie after extracting it.

There you go, you paste the code I am about to give you in there (I wrote it myself and debugged it, but I did take some stuff like Call of Duty and Neverwinter Nights codes and looked at them first, and visited a few forums) and then press "Run."

Movement is like an Xbox Game.
*Left stick moves you around
*Right stick controls the mouse, or where you look

Keys
A - Spacebar / Jump
X - e / Interact with environment
B - z / Sheath or un-sheath weapon
Y - P / Change Weapon - you need to switch the control for this in the game from ` to p

Left Trigger - Left Mouse Button / Attack
Right Trigger - Right Mouse Button / Defend

Left Bumper - Tab / Switch Enemy Target
Right Bumper - F / This does something important...

Start - esc / Menus
Select - Alt / Menu Option Button

D1 - 1
D2 - 2
D3 - 3
D4 - 4

Left Stick Press - Ctrl / Crouch
Right Stick Press - q

-----

Okay here is the code. You can mess with it to tweak. I just tested it out and it works okay, maybe a bit messed up on the speeds.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

//Set dead zones (Values between 0 and 1)
var.LdeadX = 0.25
var.LdeadY = 0.25
var.RdeadX = 0.25
var.RdeadY = 0.25

//Left Stick – Movement
keyboard.W = XInput1.Joy1Y > 0.2
keyboard.S = XInput1.Joy1Y < -0.2
keyboard.A = XInput1.Joy1X < -0.2
keyboard.D = XInput1.Joy1X > 0.2

// Right Stick – Mouse Pointer
// To change the lookspeed, increase or decrease the number preceding the deadzone - default is 20
if Xinput.Joy2X < -var.RdeadX or Xinput.Joy2X > var.RdeadX then Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX + 20*deadzone(Xinput.Joy2X)
if Xinput.Joy2Y < -var.RdeadY or Xinput.Joy2Y > var.RdeadY then Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY - 20*deadzone(Xinput.Joy2Y)

// 360 Bumpers
keyboard.tab = XInput1.LeftShoulder
keyboard.F = XInput1.RightShoulder

//360 Triggers
Mouse.RightButton = XInput1.RightTrigger
Mouse.LeftButton = XInput1.LeftTrigger

//360 ButtonsABXY
keyboard.space = XInput1.A
keyboard.z = XInput1.B
keyboard.p = XInput1.Y
keyboard.e = XInput1.X

//360 dPad
keyboard.1 = Xinput1.Up
keyboard.2 = Xinput1.Right
keyboard.3 = Xinput1.Down
keyboard.4 = Xinput1.Left

//360 Start and Select
keyboard.esc = XInput1.start
keyboard.alt = XInput1.back

//360 Stick Clicks
Keyboard.Ctrl= XInput1.LeftThumb
Keyboard.q = XInput1.RightThumb
edit on 11amFri, 11 Apr 2014 06:20:08 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Thanks to Killedelphia on Reddit for code for the mouse movement found here
edit on 11amFri, 11 Apr 2014 06:20:48 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Basically, you can plug your Xbox 360 controller into your computer and use it to control compatible games or even program it to be used in emulators such as SNES. But this allows you to go a step further and use the controller for NON-COMPATIBLE games.

Not to mention that the code I gave should be modifiable to play other similar games for those of you who can code a bit.

You may also need to download the driver here.

I hope someone finds this useful, I wanted to share this with my friends on ATS. It makes playing TESO with my touchpad on my laptop manageable. I did find some TESO code on the net that was based off of Neverwinter Nights code, however it had bugs and didn't run.

Anyway have fun! I recommend testing it out and changing it up to fit your style, if you have questions ask em.
edit on 11amFri, 11 Apr 2014 06:31:25 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I haven't played this game, is it any good? I mostly play eve online and have done for about 7 years .

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Coagula

I am working on getting the controls set up for now, and I am currently going through the intro sequence that the Elder Scrolls games usually have. I have no idea yet but I will update you if I can. Eve Online is a really good game.

I think this game could be similar to Star Wars: The Old Republic or Final Fantasy XIV, but I do not know... so far, very similar to the intro sequences in Oblivion or Skyrim or Morrowind, and similar interface.
edit on 11amFri, 11 Apr 2014 06:43:02 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Nice one, thanks. I think I'll check it out!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Coagula

It's a terrible game unless you like mmos it is pitiful compared to skyrim in every way shape and form.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You would be at a huge disadvantage imo, the PC is a far superior platform for gaming, which is why PC gamers will beat console gamers every time.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Cheesy459
reply to post by Coagula

It's a terrible game unless you like mmos it is pitiful compared to skyrim in every way shape and form.

So an MMO is bad if you don't like MMO's? Whodathunk. It was actually the best game I had played in years until 2 months before released they destroyed it.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hey guys my own tutorial saved me when I needed to figure out how to do this again a few months later. LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow you mean TESO aint f2p yet?

top topics

join