It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we allowed to link to other forums?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Sometimes when doing a Google search, I end up finding a forum, usually describing a radio show or something, or there is some anecdotal stuff on there that I think sounds like it could be useful (not as empirical evidence, but as an example of cultural trends on the net and in real life, that sort of thing).

At the moment, my impression is that linking to forums and quoting from them is fine, the real question I have is about GodLikeProductions, are their special rules regarding that forum. I seem to remember their being some.

Another question - what about cross-referencing other A.T.S. threads? For example, quoting a member in another thread and then linking to that, or quoting yourself and linking to that? Or pointing out another A.T.S. thread that was helpful in making yours, or inspired yours, or is relevant, etc.

Thanks
Darkbake
edit on 11amFri, 11 Apr 2014 00:36:18 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 11amFri, 11 Apr 2014 00:36:45 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

So, quoting other forums.

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

Now generally speaking, because of the nature of ATS, we frown upon conspiracy related boards more than any else. We don't allow linking back to or quoting from them either. This includes the one you mentioned above.

See how that says specifically "discussion boards"?

Now if you find some cooking recipe you'd like to share in BTS and it's linked to some blog on tumblr or something of that nature and it's T&C compliant, I don't see why that would be an issue.

Another question - what about cross-referencing other A.T.S. threads? For example, quoting a member in another thread and then linking to that, or quoting yourself and linking to that? Or pointing out another A.T.S. thread that was helpful in making yours, or inspired yours, or is relevant, etc.

If you're going to quote another member, than include a link to the post. If you are going to quote them outside of ATS, make sure you provide the appropriate links and give credit to the author.

It's a common sense, own what you have and respect what others have policy.
edit on 4/11/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you very much, Tenth.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

No problem.

~Tenth

top topics

join