It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aspiring TV producer mistakenly killed by deputies in West Hollywood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Death by cop,

Its a risk of living in So CA,

Just like earthquakes.

You would be surprised the number of unarmed death by cop that happens out there.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

buster2010

greencmp

ThePublicEnemyNo1

DenyFlatulence
reply to post by Bedlam

Police should not be allowed to carry firearms anymore..Just citizens in good standing with the law.
Or police need to be held accountable for their actions just like anyone else.

I think anyone legally able to carry a gun should be allowed to. I do agree that any LEO that kills an innocent person should be held accountable, just like anyone else.

I have been brainstorming on an idea to replace municipal police with a 'jury duty' type system. Just a thought still but, it could work.

Since everybody can carry concealed, they could be armed just like everyone else but, I would prefer that they have little authority. I envision more of a 'hall monitor' level of responsibility. Random and temporary duty on the order of few days to a week.
edit on 10-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

You shouldn't give out bad advice. It is not legal for everyone to carry concealed weapons everywhere and in most states you need a special permit to carry concealed weapons. Different states have different laws when it comes to this so people should check local laws before doing so.

I am speaking from within the presumptions of a hypothetical 100% 2nd amendment compliant united states. The jury duty model has obvious flaws but, not so far that I can tell that eliminate it's careful consideration.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

greencmp

I am speaking from within the presumptions of a hypothetical 100% 2nd amendment compliant united states. The jury duty model has obvious flaws but, not so far that I can tell that eliminate it's careful consideration.

In an ideal world right...

Unfortunately that would never happen here, I would settle for a little de-escalation from the police forces, barring that Id take accountability next.

Things like Sell the tanks and maybe hire more beat cops.

OR Camera's REQUIRED on every "officer of the law" state to federal.

Its a sad day though when even common sense measures are scoffed at, Cops who kill INNOCENT citizens slapped on the wrist, and Cops disabling cams... (IN where was it again, OH right SO CA, Funny that huh?)

I would also add, CA is perhaps one of the more restrictive states for Gun control in the nation...

I know correlation does not equal causation, but at some point we should look at the connection between these "restrictive" gun states and these types of incidents, from random gun violence to police abuse, and why the most egregious incidents comes from these locals.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

benrl

greencmp

In an ideal world right...

Unfortunately that would never happen here, I would settle for a little de-escalation from the police forces, barring that Id take accountability next.

Things like Sell the tanks and maybe hire more beat cops.

OR Camera's REQUIRED on every "officer of the law" state to federal.

Its a sad day though when even common sense measures are scoffed at, Cops who kill INNOCENT citizens slapped on the wrist, and Cops disabling cams... (IN where was it again, OH right SO CA, Funny that huh?)

I would also add, CA is perhaps one of the more restrictive states for Gun control in the nation...

I know correlation does not equal causation, but at some point we should look at the connection between these "restrictive" gun states and these types of incidents, from random gun violence to police abuse, and why the most egregious incidents comes from these locals.

Yes, scale it back, tone it down, shrink it and defang it. In Boston we have an upset about an $80 million raise which was some small percentage of the actual total cost. A little math and consider that a police department could be costing as much as or much much more than $1 billion dollars, we should be outraged.
edit on 11-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

buster2010

greencmp

ThePublicEnemyNo1

DenyFlatulence
reply to post by Bedlam

Police should not be allowed to carry firearms anymore..Just citizens in good standing with the law.
Or police need to be held accountable for their actions just like anyone else.

I think anyone legally able to carry a gun should be allowed to. I do agree that any LEO that kills an innocent person should be held accountable, just like anyone else.

I have been brainstorming on an idea to replace municipal police with a 'jury duty' type system. Just a thought still but, it could work.

Since everybody can carry concealed, they could be armed just like everyone else but, I would prefer that they have little authority. I envision more of a 'hall monitor' level of responsibility. Random and temporary duty on the order of few days to a week.
edit on 10-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

You shouldn't give out bad advice. It is not legal for everyone to carry concealed weapons everywhere and in most states you need a special permit to carry concealed weapons. Different states have different laws when it comes to this so people should check local laws before doing so.

That doesn't address what happened though, besides carrying weapons in any way should have legal oversight in some form. It used to be called crime prevention, nowadays it's more like shinola versus profiling and the only winner is shinola.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join