It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Possible Evacuation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Waterbeds were fun for sex but terrible to sleep on. I only ever slept on one twice. In hotels that no tells. LOL.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

liejunkie01

AutumnWitch657

liejunkie01
Thank you for the heads up Rezlooper.

Even if it is a fake, this is something we need to keep an eye on.

Every time I see a thread that you authored, I read it. I like the way you present your information.

Keep up the great work.

Why? Why do we need to keep our eyes on this? We don't have enough to worry about in the world right now? We need to spend precious minutes with our eye on something that's a complete hoax ?No thanks. I have enough real problems to occupy my time.

I'm not trying to be rude, but if you don't have the time to "worry" about it, then how did you find the time to come into Rezlooper's thread and be so "not worried" about it?

I personally was talking about keeping an eye on Yellowstone in general, but its cool take it how you want it.

I am not worried, as you say, about Yellowstone erupting, but I would like to have a heads up so I can try to be one step ahead of the uninformed, so when tshtf I won't be put into an early "situation, just to feed my family.

Yes it will be a global event, but the well prepared can do the best we/they can to prolong themselves and their families life, hopefully to withstand the BS that will be first brought on by people that did not "worry", then by the environmental impacts of such an eruption. Besides it may not be as big as the one's in the past. Who's to say what will happen?

So please don't worry, but let those of us that want to stay informed, be informed with all the information available, valid or not, and let us cypher out the bs, so maybe that one day you yourself will be helped by such information.

edit on 11-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

I love posts that start " I'm not trying to be rude but."
It usually means but in your case I'm making an exception.
give me a break. How I spend leisure time is my business. You know what I mean when I say too busy to worry. I never said be uninformed. You read too much between the lines and don't pay enough attention to the text. When it's time to worry I'll be there with bells on but that's not now. Not at this time.

As for preparedness I live in a hurricane zone. We are always prepared. Gas grill. Batteries for flash lights Coleman lanterns etc. Water we stock at the last minute . Not too much in the way of canned food as the resources usually come back pretty quickly after most storms.
edit on AM000000300000000441529302014-04-13T09:29:40-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AM000000300000000441538302014-04-13T09:38:35-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
These people still use fax machines??

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Double post sorry

edit on AMu30u0441536302014-04-13T09:36:55-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Have faxes become obsolete?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

rickymouse
Now that everyone has debunked this, something will happen.
yep. As soon as we turn our back. LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

jaxnmarko
reply to post by Rezlooper

I live in Jackson, WY, 90 miles from Old Faithful, 58 miles from the South Entrance to Yellowstone...... the bison were doing their annual in/out moving around as the snows subside.... they were NOT fleeing anything. The posts that show up here anytime there is a slight earthquake just show the paranoia here as they happen basically, every single day of the year. There hasn't been a decent sized one in years, just little things, which are constant. There is NO evacuation going on, no warnings, no reports..... just the usual nonsense that gets blown way out of proportion, exaggerated, and turned into a dramatic panic story over nothing at all. I've lived here over 30 years and been on ATS for years, and these stories come up with great regularity. Yes, we hear about little earthquakes, yes we hear about rising and falling ground levels, yes, we hear about changes in geyser regularity, etc., etc., but what else would one expect of a geologically active area? These are minor bumps that happen alllll the time. The bison are fine, so is Yellowstone.

Thanks for the on location report. Maybe yours will be a voice of reason that will actually get through to the doom sayers.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

bbracken677

UKGuy1805
Is Yellow Stone connected to the San Andreas Fault, and the Grand Canyon?
edit on 10-4-2014 by UKGuy1805 because: Spelling

Nope, not at all.

The Grand Canyon is not a fault, but rather the result of erosion.

The San Andreas is on the west coast and generally runs north-south.

Yellowstone is towards the center of the North American craton and is not related (at least not directly) to the pacific rim.

This man gets an A in geometry. Thanks for the edu.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

No no no I never said any came with an evacuation order. I said none did.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
From my understanding fax machines cannot be hacked, traced etc.....so if you have one gathering dust, you might want to consider dusting it off and firing it up if you want to send 'important' documents......of course I could be wrong....but this is why solicitors in the UK for example still use them as opposed to email.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

angelchemuel
From my understanding fax machines cannot be hacked, traced etc.....so if you have one gathering dust, you might want to consider dusting it off and firing it up if you want to send 'important' documents......of course I could be wrong....but this is why solicitors in the UK for example still use them as opposed to email.

Rainbows
Jane

Not sure about that Jane. You have to dial a phone number to send a fax. Phone lines can be traced. Maybe you can't get the content but you can know where it came from. I don't know if that info could reap other results though.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

That's it exactly....they might be able to trace the source and destination, but they can't unscramble the 'content'. However, I do wonder with all this digital and optical fibre stuff whether that's why phone lines are being 'up graded' so to speak so fax's can be read?

Between everything, it just makes me want to turn off all my electrical modes of communication!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Uh oh, west yellowstone national park is getting about 2-3 earthquakes a day I can not get the live webcam to download anything. (www.nps.gov...) I was looking at it a last week and I saw all of the geysers erupting for hours and saw a new sprout of water coming up, there definitely is something going on.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

warren408
Uh oh, west yellowstone national park is getting about 2-3 earthquakes a day I can not get the live webcam to download anything. (www.nps.gov...) I was looking at it a last week and I saw all of the geysers erupting for hours and saw a new sprout of water coming up, there definitely is something going on.

Can't seem to find out any information on this. Also, I'm still wondering about the rumor of sinkholes at Yelllowstone. But here is an earthquake map for the last week. Looks like 16 quakes over the past week.

Source of map

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The live webcam is now visible and either it is buried in snow aten by something or it is buried in an eruption. (www.nps.gov...)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

warren408
The live webcam is now visible and either it is buried in snow aten by something or it is buried in an eruption. (www.nps.gov...)

Snow is a much more likely scenario.
My first trip there about 10 years ago we ended up getting 10 inches of snow during the first week of June.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

The webcam picture is back, I don't what the normal eruptions are supposed to be with the geysers, severity, how long they last do the all erupt at the same time?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

warren408
reply to post by opethPA

The webcam picture is back, I don't what the normal eruptions are supposed to be with the geysers, severity, how long they last do the all erupt at the same time?

it depends on which of the cams you are looking as their are quite a few throughout the park.
Some of the geysers erupt like clockwork while others can go years without doing anything.
Additionally their are at least 2 cam which show generally the same area yet their are none that show all of the geysers.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

angelchemuel
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

That's it exactly....they might be able to trace the source and destination, but they can't unscramble the 'content'. However, I do wonder with all this digital and optical fibre stuff whether that's why phone lines are being 'up graded' so to speak so fax's can be read?

Between everything, it just makes me want to turn off all my electrical modes of communication!

Rainbows
Jane

Fax machines can be intercepted or "listened in" on. I used to work for Matsushiita (2 i's because of swear word filter) (Panasonic, Technic) and know quite a bit about the design of them. I was somewhat involved in one of their most popular models in the late 90's, the KXF-100.

The fax machine is just a slightly more robust modem in a standalone package with a sole mission of transmitting data. Just like modems, the call connects and the machines introduce themselves via a "training" set of signal parameters to determine the fastest baud rates, parity, and flow control strategy. After both machines agree, the image is sent, it is possible that it is encrypted nowadays but you can't always trust that. The image data is a CCITT class modified Huffman encoding which is just the compression model. CCITT 1-2 were pretty basic compression while the CCITT 3,4 schemes were Run Length Encoded versions. These were not done to keep prying eyes out but to keep the data transmission size small resulting in quicker faxes. A listening fax (or fax modem monitoring a line via a specially coded program) could indeed listen for the SOT (start of transmission) and various ACK's throughout the data stream to record the image data to local storage where it could be converted to a bitmap/raster map or even a .tiff or .jpeg and view on a PC. Nowadays, faxing is usually done via internet over tcp/ip and somebody good with wireshark or other monitoring tools could probably sniff out an image or two with a little effort.

Never discount technology, it can be used in way you may never have imagined. Just assume it can be done or already has.

edit on 15-4-2014 by evc1shop because: Text filter adjustment

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think it all started because of this article

Vpraag.co.za...

this south african paper says they were offered a lot of money to house americans in case of evacuatio (note the day April 1) and it was picked up in this article on April 10

intellihub.com... pts/

I think it was a very bad April 1 joke

edit on 21-4-2014 by notsosunny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join