It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major news website ignoring Bundy Ranch situation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I get most of my news from this website and a few others of similar bent. About once a day, I look at news on Google, just to see what they're reporting. I just went to Google News home page and noticed that there was nothing about the Bundy Ranch situation in Nevada.

Curious, I went to CNN, MSNBC, Faux News, and USA Today. Here's what I found:

1. On CNN's website, a site search for the word Bundy and the phrase Nevada ranch turned up nothing, no hits.
  2. On MSNBC, same results on the same site searches.
  3. On USA Today, the story - at the moment - is number two in the slider, after Colbert's replacing Letterman (now, theres' some real news for ye!).
  4. On Faux News, there are two separate and different links to stories about the situation.

I consider myself fairly jaded as regards the integrity of mainstream news, but this surprises even me.

Anybody else seeing similar trends?

This is precisely why ATS is one of the first sites I check in the morning.
edit on 10-4-2014 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Don't you love secret agendas? I expect nothing less from news sources.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I noticed yesterday Drudge had several headliners about the story, and today nothing, zip, nada. I was curious as to why. With so many one liners at the top of the page those story's tend to run for a few days.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

The days of government shootouts with citizens blazoned on our TV screens are over. What we get now is helo footage from miles away and grainy, after-effects images of something… blurry.

They'll tell us what bad people they were and how the government was just doing its duty.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Maybe its because it is not very important news. Only to those who are looking to make it out to be something it is not!! That could be the reason. Just because its on ATS gives it no more credibility that if it was on CNN or another lie based outlet.

After all, a fair number of the posters on this site USE the same BS tatics as mainstream news site....by creating headlines that are far from truthful.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This is what I was wondering about, I only have roku so the news I get lags usually but not one thing on this, not on cbs, fox, or nbc.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The" Government "better be very careful not to start a fire that will burn the white house down......the people I talk to...even housewives are not impressed with the management.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

projectbane

Maybe its because it is not very important news. Only to those who are looking to make it out to be something it is not!!

You got it. Nothing to see here, citizen. Just move along, keep it moving. Good boy.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Where are you guys getting the most up to the minute info on this situation?

I can't seem to find much and that is worrying.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
well, nbc has some here

Probably not reported because regardless of such solid sources as infowars and the like, it doesn't seem like its a big deal overall to anyone, to include the community its involving. a fairly peaceful small protest about grazing rights

Bundy's beef with federal land management officials dates back to 1993, according to federal officials, when Bundy's allotment for grazing his cattle on public land was modified to include protections for the desert tortoise. Bundy, who told the Associated Press his family has been ranching this part of Nevada since the 1870s, did not accept the modified terms, and continued to let his cattle graze anyway.

The man feels entitled to have his cattle graze on public lands without issue..which actually normally isn't an issue, except for the specific land being in a protected zone.

21 year battle. I feel for the guy, end of the day, he does need that public land to help his private business, but hey, thems the rules...

After legal maneuverings on both sides, a Nevada district court judge in 2013 permanently enjoined Bundy's cattle (some 900, by the government's count) from grazing on public property. The judge reiterated that decision in 2013 and authorized the U.S. government to impound the cattle

Maybe time to sell off and relocate?
Being in Florida, sudden EPA line drawing is not unknown to me -curses the scrubjays- But fighting the EPA..better luck winning an argument with your wife without suffering for it afterwards anyhow.

But anyhow, make no mistake about this...regardless of how you may feel for the guy, he is demanding that public land be used for his private business..like me demanding I can use central park as a feeding ground for my wolves or something....

I have no dog in this race though, so that's really all I am gonna comment on.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Civil uprising is only news if its in some other country. Fortunately, the Oath Keepers and other militias probably don't wait for the call-to-arms to come over msm. Anyone who is prepared to actually participate in a revolt against the feds will get the info through other more reliable channels.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

stirling
The" Government "better be very careful not to start a fire that will burn the white house down......the people I talk to...even housewives are not impressed with the management.

Wow. Nice backhanded smackdown. Shockingly, even we lowly housewives have an opinion.
You're a peach.
edit on 4/10/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

ETA: It's a local issue, being covered locally.
local CBS coverage
edit on 4/10/2014 by Olivine because: add a link

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well its not much of a story. Just legal rangling over grazing rights on Goverment land. Sure you have some nut bag militia types who are making youtube videos but, as normal when it comes their kind making youtube videos as all they do. I mean fedreral agents moving cows off fedral land to protect endangered turtles is not going to make headlines.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

MrSpad
Well its not much of a story. Just legal rangling over grazing rights on Goverment land.

Yeah, and the guy shot to death while watering his lawn a couple of years ago was just about a guy who was watering his lawn. No story there.

And the old man who was shot to death in his bed by a bunch of cops serving a pre-dawn warrant at the wrong address was just about an old man sleeping.

Etc., etc.

It's about how far the gov't can go in throwing its weight around until people say ENOUGH. And the limit is moving further and further back.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

incoserv

MrSpad
Well its not much of a story. Just legal rangling over grazing rights on Goverment land.

Yeah, and the guy shot to death while watering his lawn a couple of years ago was just about a guy who was watering his lawn. No story there.

And the old man who was shot to death in his bed by a bunch of cops serving a pre-dawn warrant at the wrong address was just about an old man sleeping.

Etc., etc.

It's about how far the gov't can go in throwing its weight around until people say ENOUGH. And the limit is moving further and further back.

Your trying to equate local law enforcement actions with a guy who is having his cows moved? See if the news were to start trying to tie together unrelated stories the would be accused of scaremongering or yellow journalism. They, unlike here, can not just go willy nilly trying to make up some narrative about the the gov't throwing it weight around. In particular when they have been letting this guy get away with this for 2 decades with out much more than a letter. If you think the goverment is throwing its weight around by moving some cows after the 20 years of breaking federal law then you and I have very different ideas about what throwing your weight around means.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Actually its quite a big story, it bespeaks of the feds not owning the land, like the royal families of old, thinking they owned everything.

Its about human rights and preemptive rights.

reclaimourrepublic.wordpress.com... e-cattle/

If Feds Take Your Cattle & Property, YOU Become Cattle
April 10, 2014

Can see why mainstream news is avoiding this one.

edit on 11-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The MSM are on a full court press and working over-time in keeping anything that could/would hurt Obama off the front page.

But now with the internew/social media. The MSM again proves it bias and the need to ignore them.

top topics

join