It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Episode of Years of Living Dangerously posted on YouTube By Showtime

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
For anyone interested.

Hollywood celebrities and respected journalists span the globe to explore the issues of climate change and cover intimate stories of human triumph and tragedy. Watch new episodes Sundays at 10PM ET/PT, only on SHOWTIME.

It's the biggest story of our time. Hollywood's brightest stars and today's most respected journalists explore the issues of climate change and bring you intimate accounts of triumph and tragedy. YEARS OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY takes you directly to the heart of the matter in this awe-inspiring and cinematic documentary series event from Executive Producers James Cameron, Jerry Weintraub and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

"Hollywood Brightest Starts" Kind of takes away from the legitimacy of the show...I'm interested and thank you for sharing...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I am watching now.

This issue is of course one of the single most Partisan issues imaginable. This documentary will be trashed on by the Deniers and the Religious Right. Not to mention those that feel it's all a conspiracy to get their money.

Despite that, it was very well done. In fact I think it may be one of the best documentaries I have seen that has tried to bring Climate Change into perspective for the groups most opposed to it's existence. Sadly, it has been proven that there is a section of our society that will not change their beliefs despite rooms full of proof.

It is really past the point of discussing it any longer as the scale has tipped. Humans are going to be enjoying less and less of the natural world as they knew it. More regional wars over water and food are inevitable at this stage of the game.

Yup the future sucks. For now I am gonna enjoy the hell outta myself as there is not one damn thing I can do about Climate Change. It is mostly out of humanities hands at this point.

edit on 10-4-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

edit on 10-4-2014 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

For the issue you mentioned I particularly liked Don Cheadle's piece, focusing on the drought in Plainview Texas that closed the meat packing plant that employed (and paid well) 10% of the population and how he brought a climate scientist from Texas Tech who also happens to be an Evangelical Christian to Plainview. It gave me hope that maybe the divide doesn't have to be so wide. Science never has to exclude God. All science does is look at what is observable and can be physically proven. God (whatever manner you believe in God, if you do) isn't observable. But that doesn't mean science necessarily says because we can't see God it doesn't exist. I like what the climatologist said, God gave us free choice and now we are seeing the consequence of some of those choices.

new topics

top topics

join