It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When can everything become peaceful?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
When I think about this subject I often feel like I'm waiting for an event that will never occur. I feel that we can achieve global peace one day, but at the same time, it doesn't feel like it's going to happen any time soon. What's your opinion on this? What do you think needs to happen to be able to have worldwide peace?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Some may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The thing about global peace is that any decent person wants it. Then they let their emotions get involved instead of thinking.

Things like wars come from stupidity.
edit on 10-4-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by StayAware

World peace is a fantasy.

It goes against the very fabric of nature. It's not even relegated to humans. Even insects go to war. It's an instrumental part of carbon based life.

Go to the moon, you will find peace. But there is no place for peace on this world.
edit on 10-4-2014 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I personally think peace begins within a person. Once one can learn to see the world through different eyes, and associate value to less materialistic things, the meaning of greed, selfishness, and money fall to the wayside - no matter what religion, belief, etc.

If that isn't it, kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
When? Never, if left up to humans. We are the only species in the world capable not only of the destruction of ourselves but of the entire world. Religion, economic inequality, climate, food supplies, water supplies and greed all get in the way.

So you ask when? When the Day the Earth Stood still is no longer a fictional story. Even then I bet some idiot would get the entire planet offed just to have a shiner car and a hotter girlfriend....

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StayAware

When the human race becomes extinct, there will be peace.

second

third

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
When there is only one leader and everyone else is drugged to obey all what leader says... peace of the kind not what we are really lookin for tho.
edit on 10-4-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

dollukka
When there is only one leader and everyone else is drugged to obey all what leader says... peace of the kind not what we are really lookin for tho.
edit on 10-4-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

To paraphrase, "be careful what you wish for, you just may get it".

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
There will be peace when something bigger and more powerful than all of us comes on the scene and makes us see each other as one unit - united rather than competing against one another. Until then - it won't happen because humans are humans - top of the chain of life on earth and unable to figure out how to create a balance with thoughts and emotions within and without.

Of course - there is also evolution. We all know about Darwinism and survival of the fittest. Those who are especially altruistic (at the high end) get left behind much of the time and this can create stress and loss of quality of life. Many have the more primitive brain in my opinion - unable to see the importance of "we" rather than "me" and are stuck in survival of the fittest - cut throat behavior to the extreme. Instead of evolving to see that together we can accomplish great things they are set on some sort of evolutionary autopilot, and can't help themselves (speak the words but don't internalize at best).

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No one will let their guard down long enough to seriously discuss it, much less achieve it.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
As someone has already mentioned, life is competition. It's hardwired into us. You begin competing from the moment you are born. Everything alive does. Even if we stopped war, we'd still compete against one another in other ways because that's really what war is - an outgrowth of that natural drive to compete and strive against all comers to prove you are the best and survive.

It's just too bad that we've taken it to such extremes that we're no capable of destroying ourselves as a species because of it.

Thankfully, life won't die out even if we kill ourselves off.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
We're a long way off yet. Its like watching a kettle boil. You sit there and watch it, it seems to never get there. We have to change the world one person at a time, and that starts with ourselves.

Mahatma Ghandi said "Be the change...YOU wish to see in the world!". We have to realize we may never see world peace in our... or even our grandchildrens lifetimes...but we can sure start the ball rolling.

I volunteer. Its not much, but its something needed and appreciated by those who benefit from me doing so.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I've been saying for a long time: "what humanity needs is a predator. Being part of the food chain has spurred humanity to adapt and grow, and then we grew too much and became dominant on top of the food chain. We need a predator to draw us together again.

Otherwise, we have to find peace within ourselves, do what makes us happy, love a lot, worry little, and ride out this grand adventure we're on.

I could never be a politician. I could never be a world leader. I was once a soldier and that remains my sole regret. No disrespect to soldiers......... they are my kith and kin and understand honor and I respect them....... it just wasn't right for me; it damaged me and I live with that. I could never be a Wall Street mover-and-shaker. I could never be influential, except within my own small arena.

It is enough to do what good a person can within their own surroundings, and that is good enough for me. I am at peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to

Peace is bad for Business

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

That makes perfect sense. Maybe that exact scenario is why the media won't show bad things in politics.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Altruism, cooperativeness, and a tendency toward peace over competition is also hard wired into us (or some of us). Genes have been found for these dominant characteristics. I believe it is evolutionary, and as more people have these core contributors to thinking, behavior, and temperament the more they will influence conditioning and therefore the world around them.

scan.oxfordjournals.org...

Overall we would have to look at our history / how altruistic were our ancestors? I truly have no clue what the consensus is on that. For my thought that we are evolving to have more of these codes within us it would need to be shown that we are getting better over time (or what I see as better - more altruistic, empathetic, and cooperative). I think we are - it is just a painfully slow process.

For the poster who said they wouldn't be a politician, Wall Street person, etc...that's me as well. I think this is because some people are hard wired to just have peace - gravitate toward it and desire it in spite of the obstacles. But...why do we chose less evolved people to run things (assuming evolution is taking place on this matter).

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
When their is only 1 person left on the planet then you will have peace.

Human nature, all around the world , is the problem.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Altruism is also something that can be destructive to us.

And you better hope we stay competitive. It's what drives us to strive to better ourselves and become more than what we are. The problem is that it also has a dark side.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When people start thinking for themselves , taking responsibility for their own actions , show compassion for others .. and above all else stop following the murderous bastards who call themselves leaders..
It wont happen this lifetime humanity still needs to grow up and stop acting like primitive savages.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join