It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO satellite photos show Russian military buildup near Ukraine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The USA has military hardware all over Europe and building up on the borders so why should Russia sit on its hands after the west paid criminals to overthrow the Ukraine government at the point of a gun and now we can see that a lot of people in the Ukraine that were not involved in the take over want to have free and fair elections.

America wants to stop the flow of gas to Europe so they can frack the USA to death and deliver over priced gas to Europe

TritonTaranis
Google doesn't use the best resolution sats, however

Sorry but I don't trust Google when the stakes are this high because they work for the NSA and are doctoring search information shown to users so that a fake picture gets painted.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Our media has been caught before trying to fabricate this Russian buildup and it was based on pictures taken years ago and the locations were like 200 km away from where the media said it was so why should I trust a word they say now.

If Russia needs to use force to ensure that the people in the Ukraine can have a vote then I am all for it myself because that $5bn the USA spent on trying to take over from a distance didn't quite seem enough to buy everyone

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Vovin

Russia did not just suddenly start placing its military in its own bases just because of Ukraine.
You know this how?

Empty site near Belgorod before current military buildup - 7 March 2014

Mechanized Infantry Brigade/Motorized Rifle Regiment after military buildup near Belogorod - 26 March 2014

Empty site near Yeysk before military buildup - 14 January 2014

After Russian Military buildup at Yeysk - 22 March 2014

www.aco.nato.int...

edit on 4/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

And how does this equate to an invasion force? Were they not conducting wargames at the time that you claim they started building up?

This is just another pathetic partisan argument where it has come down to agreeing on events but perceiving them differently (just like Crimea). The only problem is that not much thinking is going on in terms of understanding why.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

And how does this equate to an invasion force?

Who is claiming that it does?
40,000 troops, warplanes, artillery? Nothing at all, right?

Were they not conducting wargames at the time that you claim they started building up?
Were they? If so, the timing is interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Vovin

Were they not conducting wargames at the time that you claim they started building up?

Again, contingency force.

In case you haven't noticed, Ukraine just entered civil war mode. Or at least that's what the Russians and separatists are saying. If I was running Russia I would definitely relocate some forces close to the border of a soon-to-be conflict zone in case of a threat to national security. If I were Russian, I would definitely see neo-Nazis using a second class military to crush a massive separatist movement in eastern Ukraine as a threat to national security. Et tu?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

If I were Russian, I would definitely see neo-Nazis using a second class military to crush a massive separatist movement in eastern Ukraine as a threat to national security.

First you said it was war games, now Russia is afraid of being invaded by Ukraine?
No. I don't think that's it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Vovin

Phage
reply to post by Vovin

In case you haven't noticed, Ukraine just entered civil war mode. Or at least that's what the Russians and separatists are saying.

The ones that are too scared to leave the house are saying this tho

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

VirusGuard
Our media has been caught before trying to fabricate this Russian buildup and it was based on pictures taken years ago and the locations were like 200 km away from where the media said it was so why should I trust a word they say now.

If Russia needs to use force to ensure that the people in the Ukraine can have a vote then I am all for it myself because that $5bn the USA spent on trying to take over from a distance didn't quite seem enough to buy everyone

Perhaps you did t see NATO disprove Russia's counter lies/claims

Mons, BELGIUM - Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) defends the accuracy of the images (found below) that were released to media on Thursday, 10 April 2014. The dates of the images released by SHAPE were collected by the DigitalGlobe satellite 'Constellation' between late March and early April 2014. The images are unclassified and are commercially available in DigitalGlobe's public archive.

SHAPE did not alter or edit the images in any way prior to release.

Russian officials are quoted in various media sources claiming that these images were from August 2013, and that they depict an exercise conducted at that time.

SHAPE is releasing additional images alongside those that were released earlier, in order to clearly show that the claims of Russian officials are categorically false. These images, also taken from the DigitalGlobe satellite and commercially available, show the same areas of interest prior to any military build-up. The photographs, some dating from 2013, and others from early 2014, show that these areas were unoccupied prior to March 2014. There is no evidence of any military activity in these areas in 2013 or early 2014.

This is what's called undeniable evidence, Russia cannot wriggle its way out of this one

There where images took of the same installations in jan feb March April last June and the military build up happens for. March to April as the images show

www.aco.nato.int...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

VirusGuard
why should Russia sit on its hands after the west paid criminals to overthrow the Ukraine government

America wants to stop the flow of gas to Europe so they can frack the USA to death and deliver over priced gas to Europe

Sorry but these are NOT paid criminals

And neither is the Ukrainian government

The current Ukrainian president and government were approved by an overwhelming majority in the Ukrainian parliament (371 votes out of 417 registered) on 27 February 2014, including members of the Party of Regions

That parliament was elected on 28 October 2012. The Russian Foreign Ministry at the time declared that the elections were held “peacefully, without any excesses and in line with generally-accepted standards” and “confirmed Ukraine’s commitment to democracy and the rule of law.”

So the parliament which Russia called "legitimate" then can hardly be called "illegitimate" now right?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

"Sorry but these are NOT paid criminals "

Yes I agree 100% with you but that's one part of the country and people to the east that are pro Russia are NOT paid criminals and just want a vote, a vote that was denied to them when the paid thugs in Kiev took over using force.

$5bn buys you a lot of friends and the people in that picture are what I would call useful idiots who are dancing with joy at becoming another Greece under the EU's protection.

Russia should be given a one year UN mandate to go in and restore peace along with UN observers to allow free and open elections in the Ukraine and then Russia must have all it forces out after that year or the Ukraine will be split up.

Democracy will work given half a chance but these days the USA seems to think that the G20 is the G1 and can bribe or threaten other members into doing what they are told but them days are coming to an end.

"Russian officials are quoted in various media sources claiming that these images were from August 2013, and that they depict an exercise conducted at that time. "

Saddam if you remember had all these WMD and could attack in seconds, trains converted to manufacture these weapons and we have building just fall down on 9/11 so I tend to listen to what Russia says and not what we get in the west and I also judge people by actions and to date I see the USA bombing people in about 20 parts of the world whilst the score for Russia is none.

The first news station to deal with these images that I saw on TV was Russia Today so why would they do that if they had something to hide and in any case I think Russia, (just like the west) has every right to mass troops to warn the Ukraine criminals that they cannot do as they like whilst Russia is on watch.

edit on 14-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Millions of people your still going with that nonsense even though BBC has admitted that in the Independence square there weren't millions but a few number of them?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

VirusGuard
why should Russia sit on its hands after the west paid criminals to overthrow the Ukraine government

The current Ukrainian president and government were approved by an overwhelming majority in the Ukrainian parliament (371 votes out of 417 registered) on 27 February 2014, including members of the Party of Regions

That parliament was elected on 28 October 2012. The Russian Foreign Ministry at the time declared that the elections were held “peacefully, without any excesses and in line with generally-accepted standards” and “confirmed Ukraine’s commitment to democracy and the rule of law.”

So the parliament which Russia called "legitimate" then can hardly be called "illegitimate" now right?

Since I've been registered here, I've been called a "disinformation agent" several times by a few select members... Which is hilarious because of things that members like you post.

You've posted this picture a dozen times, claiming that this somehow proves that Russia is evil and the uprising in the east is fake. You aren't fooling anyone.

Second is that you keep posting misleading arguments. I have never seen you post any kind of source or new information or new ideas- just the same line that Maiden was so righteous that nothing is wrong now. You completely ignore the fact that neo-nazis, ultranationalists and fascists, backed by the US, hijacked your prized Maiden "revolution".

You're still posting about events that happened months ago that were mostly irrelevant to what is going on now. Why would I take you seriously when you're posting pictures of Maiden while the CIA director told the junta to crush the separatists while the separatists have form their own self defense forces and are fighting and arresting a lot of Ukrainian/ foreign neo-nazis and western mercenaries while the junta's own security forces are refusing to attack?

You are behind the times and the minor information you post is irrelevant. Instead of attacking other members who post things you don't agree with, maybe you can work on how you can convince people to agree with your logic without accusing them of being "off-topic" all the time.

PS- by your "logic", I mean things like how you claim that Ukraine's parliament is legitimate after all non-fascist members were forced out of it. Just because they were elected last year doesn't make the parliament legitimate now. Why are they so scared to run elections?
edit on 14-4-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

Vovin

Phage
reply to post by Vovin

In case you haven't noticed, Ukraine just entered civil war mode. Or at least that's what the Russians and separatists are saying.

The ones that are too scared to leave the house are saying this tho

Real convincing source there. "The Russians are everywhere" yeah just like for the last few centuries.

Meanwhile, the separatists are claiming at least a city a day. Kinda hard to claim a city if the city doesnt want it.

Maybe your source can explain why American Predator drones (a CIA toy) are flying over Dnipropetrovsk?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

TritonTaranis

VirusGuard

Everytime you post that picture in Kiev, I always keep thinking of the celebrations in Crimea when they joined the Russian Federation.

If that is the thought you want to plant into my mind, please continue. You really should be careful as to what seeds you plant in peoples minds.

Plenty more can be found at on google images by simply typing "Crimea+Celebration"

goo.gl...

edit on 14-4-2014 by cupcakejulia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
double post sorry.

edit on 14-4-2014 by cupcakejulia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Which is a fraction of the size of the pro EU demos across the country

Pro Russia movements in the east of Ukraine are all small armed Russian backed mobs armed to the teeth with Russian military issues

These are the facts

Not to mention when pro Ukraine & EU demonstrators have taken to the street in Crimea and in eastern Ukraine they have been brutally attacked on the streets by these violent mobs, to which Russia replies if they're tackled by the Ukrainian government Russia will yet again carry out an invasion followed by annexation..

It couldn't be anymore obvious
edit on 14-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

TritonTaranis
Which is a fraction of the size of the pro EU demos across the country

Pro Russia movements in the east of Ukraine are all small armed Russian backed mobs armed to the teeth with Russian military issues

These are the facts

Not to mention when pro Ukraine & EU demonstrators have taken to the street in Crimea and in eastern Ukraine they have been brutally attacked on the streets by these violent mobs, to which Russia replies if they're tackled by the Ukrainian government Russia will yet again carry out an invasion followed by annexation..

It couldn't be anymore obvious
edit on 14-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

The Voice of Russia, April 14 2014 - Crisis in Ukraine: Maidan activists protest against interim gov't in Kiev

On April 9, Kiev residents rallied near the National Bank building in support of their demands for economic stabilization. The bank’s president, Stepan Kubiv, came out to the demonstrators and said that one month was not enough and that he needed more time to get his bearings.

Meanwhile, Ukrainians are withdrawing cash from banks. In March, total individual deposits in Ukrainian banks shrunk by around 6 percent or 26 billion hryvnias (around 72.5 billion rubles) and total corporate deposits decreased by 3 percent.

Even the Maidan crowd is rallying against the Kiev junta. Seems like the Ukraine economy is even worse now and it's the Ukrainian people feeling the pain. Of course this is no surprise at all to anyone who understands that neo-liberalism is neo-colonization, the foreign policy of the EU and USA.

Video from Kharkov showing a massive anti-fascist rally. Notice how many riot cops are in there with the people?

Video from Kharkov showing why Kharkov police are rallying against Kiev. Here is video from the arrest of 70 rioters from Right Sector. The police who arrested them claim it was an autonomous action outside of Kiev's command. You can clearly see weapons ranging from clubs to handguns, and body armour.

So can we please move on from your Maidan discourse? It certainly does not reflect the reality of the situation.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Vovin

Maybe your source can explain why American Predator drones (a CIA toy) are flying over Dnipropetrovsk?

That is really bad CG. Why do people fall for this type of crude production? As bad as that chap in the US who made the armed Predator drone spotted over his town video.
edit on 17/4/2014 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Vovin

That is really bad CG. Why do people fall for this type of crude production? As bad as that chap in the US who made the armed Predator drone spotted over his town video.

I'm not a CGI expert and it doesn't look all that unrealistic. I can't confirm if it's real or not but it is out there irregardless.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vovin

I can't confirm if it's real or not but it is out there irregardless.

Yes it is out there the same as the faked footage in the US. That one went viral. Ask yourself why an MQ-1 Predator is flying low over a populated area in Ukraine with its undercarriage down? Ask yourself why someone fabricated a story of two US Army MQ-5 Hunter UAVs being downed over Crimea? Ask yourself why someone used Syrian footage of a shoot down and claimed it was a Ukrainian jet fighter being shot down?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join