It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO satellite photos show Russian military buildup near Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The following link and info proves that the imagery is NOT from August 2013 as stated by some Russian sources.

The following image is dated 22 March 2014 and shows the very distinctive Russian Navy Su-33 Flanker Ds at Yeysk.

The arrival of the Russian Navy Su-33 Flanker Ds was recorded on March 10th, 2014 by Russian aviation enthusiast Nicholas Balabaev. You can also see the Russian Navy Su-25 Frogfoot in the line up on the satellite image up near the transport aircraft. Yeysk is now the new base for the Russian Navy Su-33s. The facility was recently completed to take over from the previously leased facility in the Crimea.

In the following link you can see images of the first four Su-33s arriving on March 10th, 2014.

bmpd.livejournal.com...

Links to images of the Su-33s arriving at Yeysk on the 10th March 2014.

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

tommyjo
The following link and info proves that the imagery is NOT from August 2013 as stated by some Russian sources.

The following image is dated 22 March 2014 and shows the very distinctive Russian Navy Su-33 Flanker Ds at Yeysk.

The arrival of the Russian Navy Su-33 Flanker Ds was recorded on March 10th, 2014 by Russian aviation enthusiast Nicholas Balabaev. You can also see the Russian Navy Su-25 Frogfoot in the line up on the satellite image up near the transport aircraft. Yeysk is now the new base for the Russian Navy Su-33s. The facility was recently completed to take over from the previously leased facility in the Crimea.

In the following link you can see images of the first four Su-33s arriving on March 10th, 2014.

bmpd.livejournal.com...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

Wow good find

I guess Nicholas Balabaev is giving Mr Putin a major facepalm moment
edit on 10-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

stirling
I am NOT AT ALL sure id trust any corporation which is supposedly supplying imagery to the DOD or NATO exactly.....
They may be last years flankers or who knows when.....
whats needed is verification that this is not just more propaganda.....

So all Russia needs to do now to disprove NATOs claims is lie again in the face of undeniable evidence and the dance continues?

It's almost getting a bit comical

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I still believe that Russia will not invade Ukraine. I've explained before why the Crimean "invasion" was viewed by Russia as necessary to sustain a strategic concentration of forces in such a strategically important area. Or in other words, they were given a great strategic position in Crimea, and they didn't want to give it up. I mean this is probably their most importantly located naval base, and their only warm-water base in the world. Their cold-water bases are located in areas that would likely be far from potential conflicts, given the nations that could potentially go to war with Russia. As far as an all-out invasion of the entire Ukraine, I just do not see it as being strategically viable in the broader sense. Too many drawbacks or potential drawbacks for such an action.

So what I think is going on is two-fold. First, Russia has many military forces within the country that are basically not doing anything. It makes much more sense to place troops along a hostile, or potentially hostile, border region, as opposed to allowing them to sit on bases where nothing is going on, to put it bluntly.

The other reason for this massing of forces is simply a projection of power. Russia has had much practice at this, especially during the Cold War, which I believe shaped much of Putin's views. They want the other nations to think twice before taking any action, because Putin likely wants these other nations to believe that he could attack at any moment, if things aren't going his way. Or something to that affect at least. I seriously doubt that he will actually give the order to cross the border in a full-fledged invasion. I just do not believe the rewards outweigh the risks.

In a fight between the Ukranian military and the Russian military, the latter will be victorious 100% of the time, as the Ukranian forces are only a fraction of those that Russia can field. Obviously nuclear weapons are out of the question. Any war that involves nuclear nations in this era will not involve nuclear weapons at the outset. IF such weapons are used at all, it will be only as a last-ditch effort. So more conventional warfare should still be expected if conflict breaks out. If a nuclear nation was threatened with being overrun and dissolving completely, perhaps the nuclear option would be used. But short of that, I just don't think we need to worry about such a thing...Therefore it is likely important, if a major conflict breaks out, to end it diplomatically while allowing a nuclear nation to remain intact.

I admit that I could be completely incorrect regarding Russia's intentions, but I am relatively confident in my assessment. Another important thing to remember is that Russia has lost the element of surprise. If they were going to invade the Ukraine, it would have made much more sense to have done it already. Slowly amassing forces along the border, especially since they do not appear to be making any effort to hide the fact, only allows their enemy to prepare defensive networks, which in military terms translates into more casualties incurred by the invading force. Russia definitely could have mobilized a large force that quickly, as they possess a sufficient logistical network, or could have quickly set up such a network in the event that what does exist was insufficient. This is part of what militaries train for. Yet they have taken their time.

That tells me that they are not planning on invading, as they have let their best strategic opportunity pass. It is not something they overlooked or anything. And they have also allowed other nations to express contempt, sanction them, etc., which is giving these other nations time to plan their responses to an invasion. Simply invading quickly, and then attempting to clean up the political mess afterwards would probably have been the best option if they were going to invade.

So in my opinion all the signs point to Russia posturing, not planning an invasion. I will be greatly surprised if an invasion occurs at this point. The more time that passes, the less likely Russia is to invade, at least imo. If I had to place a percentage on my confidence, it would be this... 80-90% chance of no invasion, 10-20% chance of invasion. The reason I leave a 10-20% window is because I believe Putin could surprise me. Knowing the era he grew up in, as well as the era that likely shaped his beliefs, as well as his former positions within the government of the USSR, and even his actions since becoming the president of Russia, I think he has the potential to be unpredictable at times. This may be one of those times. But I think cooler heads will prevail in this matter.
edit on 4/10/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Looking at the numbers and equipment in those images, it sure doesn't look like an invasion force.
Looks more like units on exercise, which we know Russia was running not so long ago, and some of which have since returned to their home bases, thus reducing what was never even close to an invasions strength force!

I guess the press need a story to wag in front of us all though.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

13th Zodiac
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Good for them! They should stay there too, until N.A.T.O and the U.S withdraws the ( coughs ) defense shield.

I agree with this.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Ah yes are these the images from Digital Global? the same organization that showed and lied about the WMDs being in Iraq? i remember there images pretty well.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I'm not even arguing whether Russia's troop-movement is justified or not...

But are those pictures even real? Are the image dates correct?
I'm not saying they are not... but there is no way to be sure.

Not since this happened:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

ColCurious

Not since this happened:

Cant strees this enough...
You warmongewrs keep telling us that war is coming, yet it never arrives, nor you stop your retarded retort to get everyone in arms.
As you have been told before, grab your stuff and go "defend" ukraine from the russian "bad bear", lets see if the maidan nazi thugs let you in.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Wait, the Russians are keeping their own military equipment, at their own military bases, inside their own borders? And their own aeroplanes at their own aerodromes? Inside their own country?

The inhuman fiends.

This clearly changes everything. We should probably bomb them or something.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

khimbar
Wait, the Russians are keeping their own military equipment, at their own military bases, inside their own borders? And their own aeroplanes at their own aerodromes? Inside their own country?

The inhuman fiends.

Aw, ssssht, they already try to make us think like that, dont help them!!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

Yusomad
You warmongewrs keep telling us that war is coming...

Who do you call a warmonger??
I constantly keep telling people that all out confrontation with Russia is stupid.
Our western GFS can't handle another cold war era, and no one wins WWIII.

*except roaches. Roaches and fungi will win WWIII.
edit on 11-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

tommyjo

bmpd.livejournal.com...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

img-fotki.yandex.ru...

You do realise it is easy to edit 1) metadata and 2) overlay's and watermarks, especially if you are the originator of the said images.

I would prefer to see independent imaging from some other (or indeed multiple) sources.

Is there any way to confirm the actual image date based on the aircraft and ground feature SHADOWS? or even the green features for season information in the region.

edit on 11-4-2014 by kookoos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

khimbar

The inhuman fiends.

I think the problem is not long ago the forces that were there suddenly appeared in the Crimea and took it from Ukraine. Also Russia complains on a regular basis about any NATO state that has military excercises because it is threatening.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Guess you just can reason with the... "Everything is fake crowed"

Looking forward to hearing Moscow's official response

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

khimbar

The inhuman fiends.

Who is asking to bomb Russia? Lol, nobody is calling for war with Russia, bit instead that Russian PULL BACK and stop interfering and meddling in Ukraine and to stop the aggression... This is very very clear, NATO has made no warmongering moves only pushing for diplomatic solutions with the international community

So first you deny it, then when proven otherwise claim the pictures are fake? Lol

You guys have been laughing for the past two weeks denouncing NATO as liars saying there so absolutely no proof of the build up, now it's here feel free to deny it and disprove it all you like,

Can I ask you what you actually think the issue is here regarding the troop build up?

The issues isn't Russia massing troops the issue is Russia denying its troop build ups blocking the question of WHY are they there

We must ask our selfs why Russia is now lying, perhaps it's just a childish gam, perhaps it's something more sinister, we do not know for sure, but my guess is Russia is stoking the flames inside Ukraine in order to push for more annexations in the East

Regards

edit on 11-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS.
Nothing is true... Everything is permitted.

You agreed in another thread that the only thing safe to say right now is that the majority of MSM is #.
Why would this be any different?

We've been deceived with satellite images before.
Why should this be any different?

It is a dilemma.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

ColCurious

Welcome to ATS.
Nothing is true... Everything is permitted.

You agreed in another thread that the only thing safe to say right now is that the majority of MSM is #.
Why would this be any different?

We've been deceived with satellite images before.
Why should this be any different?

It is a dilemma.

Deceived in the past, by whom?

The only dilemma here is facts and paranoia

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yusomad

ColCurious

Not since this happened:

Cant strees this enough...
You warmongewrs keep telling us that war is coming, yet it never arrives, nor you stop your retarded retort to get everyone in arms.
As you have been told before, grab your stuff and go "defend" ukraine from the russian "bad bear", lets see if the maidan nazi thugs let you in.

Nobody is warmongering in here only defending the rights of Ukrainians from Russian aggression... And providing evidence to disprove Russia's lies

Please cool your self down, and refrain from calling people retards

Regards

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Russia is probably preparing for some military exercises. I'm still waiting for the propaganda machine to start comparing Putin to Hitler.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join