It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Astounding Conspiracy Theories of Wall Street Genius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Gawker has published an interesting article on Mark Gorton and his conspiracy theories. A so-called “Wall Street Genius” Gorton is a very wealthy financier/entrepreneur. He is the creator and head of Limewire, a music sharing web site and Tower Research, a high-frequency hedge fund, etc.

Gawker indicates in the article that, Gorton has “been favorably profiled in the New York Times” as a successful businessman and philanthropist.

He recently sent to his employees at Tower Research some essays that describe a 40+-year-old national conspiracy involving the the Council on Foreign Relations; the deaths of JFK, RFK, journalist-author Hunter Thompson, Senator Paul Wellstone; 9/11; the Oklahoma City bombing; and the careers/nefarious activities of the Bushes, Clintons, J. Edgar Hoover, Allen Dulles; etc.

He details a significant part of the plot to murder JFK involved a potential invasion of Cuba and/or nuclear war with Russia in order to cover up the conspiracy were it to be fully revealed.

Now that the documents are out and published, he has expressed fear for his life and the lives of his children.

The documents are available at the Gawker link above.

I guess the interesting thing aside from the accusations (old news at ATS) is the prominence of this individual and the release of his ideas to his employees.

A possible question: he bases his thoughts on his “research.” Is his research of more value than that of anyone else because he’s prominent? Does he have more on the line (and therefore brings credence to his research) or is he secure in his prominence?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
No he but he could afford huge bribes.......for his "research" maybe....
I think I want to read his theory they sound startlingly like some of my own conclusions.......

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It's good stuff. I'm just skimming, but there's a LOT of it and I feel confident in guessing that everything he covers is available somewhere on ATS, but an interesting take on established conspiracy theories and some perhaps new synthesis. Haven't even got to the modern era stuff yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Very nice. I wonder if some people might look at him and his success and see that looney toons aren't running the show on conspiracies anymore. It will be harder to ignore the fact that even successful wealthy folk are taking notice of our extremist government. Hopefully he gets some of his wealthy pals to join the club.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

theyknowwhoyouare
Very nice. I wonder if some people might look at him and his success and see that looney toons aren't running the show on conspiracies anymore. It will be harder to ignore the fact that even successful wealthy folk are taking notice of our extremist government. Hopefully he gets some of his wealthy pals to join the club.

The comments seem to tell a different story. Most of the top rated comments all seem to be painting him as a loonie, which is unfortunate. It would be nice if people would research the man's claims before comparing him to a mental patient.
edit on 10-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theyknowwhoyouare

Well, I can tell you that potential responses will be that prominent and/or wealthy and/or successful people aren't precluded from being "nuts." You'll also hear that expertise in one area does not imply expertise, or even capability, in another. I, for one, agree with both of these statements, but also do not find them pervasively applicable.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Bingo!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well one should always expect ridicule when stepping away from the herd. Either that or people are manipulating the comments and ratings to gain traction so as to keep people from taking him seriously. Anyway it is the "normal" folks that should be regarded as loonies anyway.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I read the comments under the article after I had finished reading it. They reminded me of a trip into my bosses office the other day. We were talking about morale, and how to improve it. I stated that there are people we will not be able to get on board because of the type of personality they have. He then went on a five (5) minute tirade about conspiracy theorist personalities and how they trust nobody and wont get on board regardless of the situation. I asked him who he thought killed JFK and he told me he thought the CIA was behind it. LMMFAO, now in my head I'm thinking ; THAT IS A CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!! People crack me up.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Yeah but I have been noticing a steady uptick of people realizing what is going on in this country lately. Maybe it will have a larger impact than we ever expected. There are many closet conspiracy "theorists" out there. Sometimes it just takes the right person to stand up and show others that ridicule is less harmful than our future.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

theyknowwhoyouare

The comments seem to tell a different story. Most of the top rated comments all seem to be painting him as a loonie, which is unfortunate. It would be nice if people would research the man's claims before comparing him to a mental patient.
edit on 10-4-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

Yeah, and as we all know, the government literally pays people to go on the internet and write comments to sway public opinion. Someone releases information about a government conspiracy? Well, suddenly there's a flood of comments accusing them of being crazy. It's just like the "ufo scare" after the Roswell incident... Oh, someone saw a ufo? They're obviously insane!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Interesting how quickly the branding of Mental unstable have been thrown around, because basically there are no real conspiracies in the "Real" world...lol

new topics

top topics

join