It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accidentally Shoots Himself At NRA Event!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

In the post that you quoted, I don't condone carelessness with firearms. I was making the point that it was carelessness, not a function of their intelligence. A genius can be careless.
You have no facts to base your suppositions on the story in the OP.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

here are the facts, a man shot himself. Either it was a bungled suicide, or the man is an idiot. There is no in between.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You have no proof that there was not a mechanical failure of the weapon.
You can't say whether the bullet even struck the man directly, or if it glanced off something else first.There have been no details provided.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If the gun fired on it's own accord. Then two things.

The old adage "Guns don't kill people people kill people" is out the window. Cause you're making the insinuation that the firearms in this nation may one day rise up to kill us all on their own.

And it's negligence on the part of the gun owner for not properly maintaining his equipment.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Wow. You really know how to put words into peoples mouths. I'm so proud of you.

Do you have any details about the shooting? Yes or no?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

At the very least these are the three things that happened.

Either the man opened fire on the crowd.

The man shot himself trying to kill himself

The man accidentally discharged his firearm.

None of these are very good for the pro gun crowd.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Your yes or no answer is quite verbose.

It answers my question though. You have one fact, only guesses after that.

There is one source, and it has been updated.

The man was from New Jersey. He was participating in an event sponsored by the NRA. The event was being conducted in part, by the Bethlehem Police Department.

It is quite possible that the an never fired a gun before in his life. But, as I have said before, there are very few details.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Well, since we're going to assume things here, I'll assume that this guy was probably a former anti-gun nut who decided to buy himself a gun, then, through his ignorance of how to properly handle the weapon, shot himself. Then you come on a forum and make it out that because some nimrod shot himself,--that all gun owners are equally as irresponsible. I've shot hundreds of guns thousands of times and I have never shot myself nor has anyone I know. But accidents do happen, it just depends on if it was an honest accident or negligence.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The people in this thread defending this action are the same people who would defend mass shootings as pre emptive self defense.

It's fine, not anyone's fault that 21 people were gunned down. Oh no, just a series of happy accidents. Why get mad at the shooter? Can't blame him. Those people shouldn't have been in the path of this obviously law abiding gun owner's bullets. I mean how dare they right?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No one has defended him.

We don't even know how the incident happened.

You keep dreaming this up that someone is defending him. I'm not sure what you are on about here.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Then what are you arguing with me about?

No matter what, one of three two things happened.

Either the man was negligent or reckless. There is no other ways that this could have happened. Either he was negligent in the care of his firearm. Causing it to malfunction. OR, he was reckless in the use of his firearm.

No matter what the story is, one of these two things happened. Either way it's not good for the pro gun crowd especially those that are defending this man's actions.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Why are you getting so worked up?

Sh@$ happens, it sucks.

Have you ever cut yourself with a kitchen knife? How about had a car accident? Or maybe some other accidental act that got yourself injured? Of course not!!!!

Sh@$ happens, he was an idiot and i'm sure he is regretting it.

Why do you feel the need to argue till your finger tips are sore to gloat how much/how bad this guy screwed up?

Damn get over it already.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

No, I won't get over it. WHY? Because, these gun nuts think that things like this are OK.

And by virtue of their cavalier attitude towards this issue, they are cavalier about mass shootings too. In fact they really are.

But no, we can't have any sort of gun control can we?

Oh god no. Can't have gun control regulations at all. Even though things like this and things like mass shootings still happen.

Wanna bring up cars? Oh good, let's bring up cars. Yea, there used to be a time that cars weren't required to have seat belts, or safety glass, or airbags. But thanks to people being dumbasses, cars are now safer.

Can't have any gun control regulations though.

Why am I harping on this subject, cause this is the exact reason that this country needs gun control regulations.

Personally I think that a person should have to have at least been in the reserves and even then at least had an honorable discharge to be able to even have a gun. Want a gun? Then serve your country as part of the Militia as the Constitution says you should.

Probably would have less gun problems in this country if that happened.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You honestly think that gun owners like it when some nut shoots a bunch of innocent people? Man, you're not thinking right. This is like saying that a bunch of car owners like it when someone crashes through a crowded sidewalk. You're not being for realsies, are you?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Yea, actually, at this point I am convinced that gun rights advocates believe that mass shootings are in fact pre emptive self defence incidents. After all, if you have a gun you are in the right? Right?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That doesn't make any sense. Do you view all people who own knives the same way? There's been a lot of stabbings through history, but I own knives and never have stabbed anyone, nor am I happy when hearing about somebody getting stabbed to death or dismembered.

What is the root of your hatred for gun owners? A gun can be a great tool to have; You can hunt, you can protect yourself if some nut is trying to hurt you or your family, they are fun to target practice with. If you don't like guns then that is fine, but to demonize all gun owners isn't right. You may be alive because of guns but just don't know it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is sorta like 20 world chefs coming together and cooking, then one of them cuts their finger. This sort of thing shouldn't happen but it does. If you're gonna handle a weapon make damn sure that you don't touch that trigger unless you mean it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

You're right, guns can be a useful tool. If they're treated with respect. If not, which, sadly the majority of gun nuts don't. Then they can be very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You're right, guns can be a useful tool. If they're treated with respect.
If not, which, sadly the majority of gun nuts don't.

Define exact parameters for 'gun nuts'.

Then link to studies that support your statement regarding gun nuts not treating guns with respect, please. At that point, I can decide whether I support your statement or not.

If your definition of 'gun nuts' would be people that don't treat guns with respect, then your statement would be akin to saying that the majority of bank robbers rob banks.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I accidentally gave you a star(merry Christmas, don't ever say that I didn't give you anything)

But I think you're coming around but your ego is getting in the way of common sense(no offense). That happens to the best of us. I would be willing to bet that most gun owners have respect for their weapons, because, if not, the statistics would show a scary story. There are some idiots out there who should not possess a weapon, but unfortunately, there isn't anything anyone can do about that. Punishing tens of millions of gun owners because of a few idiots isn't logical. We don't like irresponsible gun nuts either. I also don't like people who misuse knives but I'm sure that most people respect the knife.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join