It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Accidentally Shoots Himself At NRA Event!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Keep on proving my point Lucid. Here's your gold star kiddo

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

omg someone has different opinion and not picking the popular opinion, he must be trolling lol. 

No, more like someone has an opinion that was formed by their imagination and not by facts... which are sorely lacking in this story.

Deny what?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Deny Partisanship.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

sulaw

Keep on proving my point Lucid. Here's your gold star kiddo

Aim i proving your point, or are you falling for my point and keep replying? :O

Medal worth crap!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

An admission that you have no facts upon which to base your uninformed opinion.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

butcherguy

An admission that you will support whether something is wrong or right, as long as it fits your bias.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

luciddream

butcherguy

I am not supporting anything.
I am undecided without the facts.
An admission that you will support whether something is wrong or right, as long as it fits your bias.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Oh don't you know Lucid? Only trolls think for themselves and don't tow the popular line. Get with the program man! Sheesh, can't have any dissenting opinions around here, especially about guns. lol

Sorry the rest of you, if you shoot yourself with your own firearm, you are an idiot. There is no if's and's or but's about it. The person obviously no matter what the situation was careless with his firearm. If he wasn't, IT WOULDN'T GO OFF!

I cannot believe that people are defending a potential Darwin award winner.

Do you all know what the sad fact is? People like this guy are able to get ahold of firearms. When it's obvious that they have absolutely NO clue how to safely operate one. I've used literally hundreds of firearms of various types in my life. Not ONCE have I accidently shot myself. It's not like it's the luck of the draw here people. (pardon the pun) It's a gun. Not a toy.

But no, if you aren't super pro gun on ATS holy living hell, you must be trolling!

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Do you all know what the sad fact is? People like this guy are able to get ahold of firearms. When it's obvious that they have absolutely NO clue how to safely operate one.

Take the cop in the video as an example.

Do you believe that he had no clue how to safely handle his firearm?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Obviously not, otherwise he wouldn't have shot himself. This isn't that hard. You shoot yourself with your gun without TRYING to commit suicide, you have no freaking clue how to use a gun and should never be allowed near one.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

HauntWok

Obviously not, otherwise he wouldn't have shot himself. This isn't that hard. You shoot yourself with your gun without TRYING to commit suicide, you have no freaking clue how to use a gun and should never be allowed near one.

So a cop that has been through training and has to qualify with his weapon has 'no clue how to use a gun'?

Think about what you are saying there.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

If he did would he have shot himself?

No he wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Cops are trained in the use of firearms. They have to qualify with them periodically at the range.
They have a clue.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yea they should probably have reviewed his scores a little closer then.

It's a simple fact, guns don't go off on their own. This is why gun idiots say "GUNZ DUNT KILL PEPLE, PEPLE KILL PEPLE HYUCK! pass me anuder beer."

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I have tried to let you get there on your own, but I don't see any reason to believe that it is going to happen.
You are still going with the ethnic slurs.

What happened with the cop was a case of carelessness. Intelligent and trained people can be careless.

I have no doubt that the cop was trained. You on the other hand, want to review his scores. Cops are reviewed and retrained periodically.

What we saw with the cop was carelessness. It is probably the same cause of the accident that occurred with the NRA member in the OP, but without details, we should not jump to that conclusion.

Anyone can be careless, that doesn't make them an idiot or a criminal automatically.

ETA: Almost forgot this one:

It's a simple fact, guns don't go off on their own

Not a fact. Not so simple.
Guns can actually fail. They are mechanical objects that can fail due to design flaws or parts failure. I have observed guns firing, through no fault of the operator, when the trigger was not depressed.... there was no finger on the trigger.
I had an AMT Backup in .22 LR that would fire occasionally when a round was chambered, not only was there no finger on the trigger, there was no indentation on the fired case.
edit on bu302014-04-12T09:00:14-05:0009America/ChicagoSat, 12 Apr 2014 09:00:14 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

(post by HauntWok removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Wow. You really are getting pissy.
I never condoned careless handling of firearms.
I just pointed out that you have next to zero facts in this case, and that calling someone an idiot when you don't even know them is kind of silly.
I suppose you actually do understand that being careless does not equate with intelligence, probably the reason that you have to go ad hominem in addition to putting words in my mouth.

Are you going to say that you have never done something in a careless fashion?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Certainly nothing that would endanger the lives of children. And certainly nothing involving a firearm. I suppose yo you that's all whoopsy daisy, my bad.

But to the rest of us it's reckless endangerment.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

HauntWok

Certainly nothing that would endanger the lives of children. And certainly nothing involving a firearm. I suppose yo you that's all whoopsy daisy, my bad.

But to the rest of us it's reckless endangerment.

If you got any of that from my posts, you have a very vivid imagination.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

From your post

What we saw with the cop was carelessness. It is probably the same cause of the accident that occurred with the NRA member in the OP, but without details, we should not jump to that conclusion.

Anyone can be careless, that doesn't make them an idiot or a criminal automatically.

Oops, sorry kids that I recklessly endangered your lives like that, my bad.

What kind of crap cop out is that?

Oops my bad, sorry?

Doesn't cut it with people who are supposedly "law abiding responsible gun owners".

What are we supposed to chalk this up to not being a complete idiot?

Really?

Pulling a loaded cocked gun with the safety off in a classroom?

Really?

That's not insane to you?

Really?

What the living hell?

And the same thing with the NRA event. These people are supposed to be responsible gun owners! For this to go down shows how criminally negligent people can be with firearms and why there really does need to be addressed! If the pro gun crowd thinks this is just fine, just a whoopsy. It doesn't fly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join