learn more

Jim Flaherty dead.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Cynic
Wow, there's a lot of haters out there today!

He was the best finance minister the country has ever seen, actually balancing the budget rather than raping the EI accounts like his predecessor Paul Martin.

Partisanship aside, he was a fine man and served the country loyally for decades. Give your heads a shake people!

Just because he stabbed relentlessly at the failed social engineer experiments of the left doesn't mean he was a villain. He introduced the TFSA in his term, something that he promised, income splitting for seniors and many other decent programs during his tenure.

I'm ashamed of you and your apologising for speaking ill of the dead. It is a feeble attempt to rant about someone that you disagreed with and I am sorry that you call yourselves Canadians.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

I am not a conservative. I despise Harper. I despise Baird. Flahrety on the other hand was a solid cat. It is not his policy that forces the government to borrow from commercial banks rather than the Bank of Canada. Paying $160,000,000 a day to bank profits that don't get spent in Canada, is nothing Flahrety could do anything about. That is the PMO. He worked with the scraps he was given and stayed true to his political stripes as a fiscal conservative.

I do believe; however, with all my heart that he was killed. I don't know how and I can't say for sure why but I know it. His resignation was suspicious to me. Income splitting isn't THAT big of a deal. Was he going to run for PM? They always deny it when asked so who knows. I do know that Harper is the most power hungry PM this country has ever seen. He is the most arrogant man I have met. I wrote him a few letters that were never answered l. Flahrety on the other hand DID write me back and attempted as best he could to settle my concerns.

I'll miss you, you grumpy little mofo. The fact that you are dead tells me you tried to do something right in a wrong world. Say hi to Layton for me. I'm sure you two have a lot to talk about.
edit on 11-4-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

(post by Cynic removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It was funny, the CBC was reporting he was only 1 budget away from a balanced budget.

Like that was gonna happen...

LOL

Coffee shot straight out my nose when I first heard that.
And they say journalists don't have a sence of humor...

-Peace-

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Yeah he is soooo good,our debt is bigger than California.
What a GREAT job he did.
He collected his paycheck and did nothing for the rest of us.
What an amazing job he did. LOL

These idiots work for US...and they do a terrible job at it while the media treats them like little darlings that deserve our respect.
They don't deserve their paychecks let alone my respect.
Screw Flaherty.

Flaherty said his office broke government contracting rules in hiring MacPhie & Company to help write the 2007 budget speech and provide advice on how to sell the document. MacPhie & Company was awarded the $122,000 contract without tender by Flaherty's office.[37] On February 7, 2008, Liberal finance critic John McCallum formally called on Auditor General Sheila Fraser to conduct an audit into the untendered contract awarded by Flaherty to MacPhie & Company for work done in advance of the 2007 budget.[38] The Toronto Star determined that several people who supported Flaherty when he was an Ontario cabinet minister or who supported his two failed bids to lead the Ontario Tories were awarded employment contracts or given appointments

What a great guy.
Get a clue please.

(post by Cynic removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Cynic
Wow, there's a lot of haters out there today!

He was the best finance minister the country has ever seen, actually balancing the budget rather than raping the EI accounts like his predecessor Paul Martin.

Partisanship aside, he was a fine man and served the country loyally for decades. Give your heads a shake people!

Just because he stabbed relentlessly at the failed social engineer experiments of the left doesn't mean he was a villain. He introduced the TFSA in his term, something that he promised, income splitting for seniors and many other decent programs during his tenure.

I'm ashamed of you and your apologising for speaking ill of the dead. It is a feeble attempt to rant about someone that you disagreed with and I am sorry that you call yourselves Canadians.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

Well, you have the right to your opinion, but then so do I. There's only one difference, my opinion comes from interactions with this dead asshats office and the CRA. He should have been charged with malfeasance, conflict of interest and treason along with Harper and the rest of those scumbags.

But have a nice day ;-)

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join