Jim Flaherty dead.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So the former Canadian FINANCE Minister is dead.

I don't like speaking bad about the dead but.....not today.
Our debt in Ontario,Canada is worse than California.
He has been the longest serving Finance Minister so excuses are not something I am willing to hear so easily.
But...than I see this.... www.ottawasun.com...

Share my condolences???
Good riddance....thanks for the debt.

He was one of the longest serving finance ministers Canada has ever had and, until he left politics, was the only one to serve under Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

You SERVED under Stephen Harper.....no integrity at all eh?

www.ottawasun.com...

No sympathy here....too many politicians excuse themselves for screwing us and so does the media.
If there is such a thing as reincarnation...you are coming back as a lab rat Jim Flaherty.
RIP

edit on 10-4-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Truthfully....I think we should put him in the "Dead bankers" file and see if any other government finance people turn up dead too....

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

It was funny, the CBC was reporting he was only 1 budget away from a balanced budget.

Like that was gonna happen...

LOL

I don't celebrate the death of anybody, he was a powerful figure in Canadian politics. I only hope that his successor proves to be more effective.

~Tenth
edit on 4/10/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'll refrain from slinging mud just yet. His recent replacement may be far worse.I will however,offer condolences to his family.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Shocked and appalled to the ops comments and other posts. So you didn't like the mans politics, fine, a man is dead, a man with a wife and kids, show some respect, if you don't have anything nice to say,,, well, ugh. RIP Jim Flaherty.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I will also refrain from speaking of the dead but this statement of yours is so on point and infuriating I had to post. We have pols sell us out and then retire all the time. If you look at the coming US elections you will see a number of prominent con artists choose to vacate instead of dealing with the backlash of their electorate. It is the height of cowardice and all of us should do better to vet these scumbags for who they are... now enters the complicit, shameful and dishonest media and we are completely pooched! S+F

DrumsRfun

too many politicians excuse themselves for screwing us and so does the media.
If there is such a thing as reincarnation...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I only got one thing to say.

Meh. another assh0le bites the dust.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alphacenturi

if you don't have anything nice to say

Sorry,in this day and age...cliches don't work for me in real life,the Finance Minister's job is to take care of the finances.
I AM THE TAXPAYER WHO IS IN DEBT BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE HIM!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I only hope that his successor proves to be more effective.

You and me both but I seriously doubt we get an honest talent that could help us.
Most PM's are lawyers.....now we have a finance guy as a PM and we had a guy who couldn't balance a budget to save his life as a finance minister.
I might get religious and just start praying...better luck with a prayer than politics.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
AW Come off it!..We all pretty much know that the majority of these guys take their orders from Goldman Sachs et al.....the sudden demise of such a prominent figure of finance makes me wonder of hes connected to a lot of other deaths of financial agents these last weeks....
This is a conspiracy site is it not? put yer tinferl hat on and lets thunk on it a bit....

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I do wonder if there is any connection between his passing and all those financial leaders in Wall St, and elsewhere that have been either suiciding or mysteriously found dead. Perhaps, just perhaps there is something tainted with money thoughts these days...

The times are indeed changing they say.

Have a good one. And RIP Jim.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

You know if i remember correctly didn't jim flaherty have some type of skin disease? Probably ended up dead from either that or the drugs he was using to treat it. (Possible unknown side effects) put the poor bastard out of his misery.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
RIP to the man, and I don't think he had all bad ideas.

One thing that makes a lot of money for you Canadians, is your money system itself.
Lots of heavy coins and thin plastic see-through bills.

Americans that go up there, pay for something with a $20 and get back so many heavy coins that it requires another notch in your belt or your pants fall down. Now, we get a bunch of bills thinner than the cellophane on a cigarette pack that stick together with static so bad, you wind up paying double or triple with it because you think you are handing someone one bill.

We just wind up taking this stuff home with us, and the coins go in a box, and the bills get melted in the clothes dryer or thrown away because they feel like a wrapper.

This has got to be good business. Get US dollars for something that leaves your country and is never going to come back to be spent.
If Jim had anything to do with that, then good show.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Harper referred to Flaherty as a close friend, I presume that means ally in criminal actions. Since I know one of Flaherty's cousins and have heard what an asshat he was from his cousin and have seen the destruction he has wrought upon canada, I guess I'll see him in hell. One of the funniest things I heard on the news was how he single-handedly wheathered Canada through the 2008 recession and forward. What a joke! Flaherty gave our too-big-to-fail banks $120 billion and then Harper lied about it in 2009.

Never waste a good crisis or opportunity to shift blame, right? I predict there will be an upcoming scandal in the next 6 months involving billions of missing Canuckabucks that will point squarely at Harper or the Conservative guberment. When this happens, blame will be shifted to Flaherty and that money will simply be, "missing" and never to be found since the trail will stop at Flaherty. But anyone with any common sense will probably presume that Harper has it stashed someplace.

It is interesting that Flaherty quit all of a sudden and then three weeks later has a massive heart attack and dies. I wonder if the CIA and CSIS share "heart attack poisons" because we know they are out there from congressional records in the US.

BTW, forgot to mention, good riddance, it would be nice if more of these career politicians and investment bankers found the easy way out, suicide or semi-natural/natural death, it's all good.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/10.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

As long as that traitor Harper is removed from office ( and I'd love to see him prosecuted for his many crimes against Canada) than I'll be pretty damn happy.

I'm not a fan of any of these political parties, most notably Mr. Mulcair, but Trudeau might make for interesting politics and a start to a good path in Canada. He's probably still Globalist scum, but he's certainly not got the stick up his arse that sweater steve does.

~tenth

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

As long as that traitor Harper is removed from office ( and I'd love to see him prosecuted for his many crimes against Canada) than I'll be pretty damn happy.

I'm not a fan of any of these political parties, most notably Mr. Mulcair, but Trudeau might make for interesting politics and a start to a good path in Canada. He's probably still Globalist scum, but he's certainly not got the stick up his arse that sweater steve does.~tenth

Pierre Trudeau was a trained jesuit priest hand picked by QE2 to destroy canada and hand it over to the new "feudal lords," the oligarchs that now control canada through privatization. Apparently Paul deMarais was also trained by the jesuits, he ran Powercorp until his death last year, now his sons control it. Every one of our PM's after Trudeau has worked for Powercorp or one of their close satellite companies. Look at Brian Mulroney (Powercorp) who was "our" first "usher of abomination," he brought in NAFTA and tried to destroy the scientific community through SRTCs. Paul Martin (Powercorp) is another and look at all the financial scandals. Then we have Harper (Powercorp) and the TAP, TPP, etc., dereliction, proroguing of the government, insidious privacy stripping bills, privacy information trading with financial enemies, selective investigations, no criminal accountability for "friends," etc. and now he's promoting the strip-mining of Canada at a discount, he's a cheerleader and every one of those I knew was a very accomplished and seriously pneumatic slut. Except, Harper is also a narcissistic psychopath, IMHO.

On currency value, you have to ask yourself, if we have so many physical resources shouldn't our dollar be almost twice the US dollar, or at least a good percentage higher. But then, how do you deflate the value of a currency? You print more money! Now the question is, where is that money?

Canada is a game for these globalists, it's an experiment in our tolerance for corruption and stupidity in government. I would like to see harper charged with treason (too late for flaherty) and if found guilty by a jury of ordinary people, hung by the neck and quartered. Oh, lest I forget, the politicians in their disdain for the canadian people made the law of limitations for treason, 3 years. So, they hide the treason for 3 years and then they can't be charged, neat eh?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/11.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Instead of hanging them why not just put em under a black site style of enhanced torture. Just simply make em suffer and toy with em for a while. have it put on national tv and on the web for everyone to watch. I know i know i'm a sadist but you know what they deserve it.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Rob Ford gives emotional press conference praising Jim Flaherty

www.theglobeandmail.com...
well, Flaherty was loved by quack heads everywhere

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Wow, there's a lot of haters out there today!

He was the best finance minister the country has ever seen, actually balancing the budget rather than raping the EI accounts like his predecessor Paul Martin.

Partisanship aside, he was a fine man and served the country loyally for decades. Give your heads a shake people!

Just because he stabbed relentlessly at the failed social engineer experiments of the left doesn't mean he was a villain. He introduced the TFSA in his term, something that he promised, income splitting for seniors and many other decent programs during his tenure.

I'm ashamed of you and your apologising for speaking ill of the dead. It is a feeble attempt to rant about someone that you disagreed with and I am sorry that you call yourselves Canadians.
edit on 11-4-2014 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

I am so tired of "do not speak ill of the dead" - Flaherty was a #, plain and simple - may he rot in hell.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join